The Student Room Group

The Generic Gaming Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JaffaNeko
I'm addicted to playing Stardew Valley. There's just something therapeutic about farming and getting to own as many Goats as I want and giving them all human names.

weirdly enough, thats one of the reasons I like assassins creed 3. I liked building a homestead and farming community.
Original post by quasa
weirdly enough, thats one of the reasons I like assassins creed 3. I liked building a homestead and farming community.

I think it is because you can be both creative and productive. Then at the end when you finish it you can be proud of what you've made when really you should be revising or finishing a project that's due very very soon XD
I think it is because you can be both creative and productive. Then at the end when you finish it you can be proud of what you've made when really you should be revising or finishing a project that's due very very soon XD

:lol: yeah. Fortunately for me, most games I have gotten have been outside of revision time, or say if I need to prepare for an interview and a film / game is coming out, id just wait till the interview is over and then see it (sadly I have to wait till June to see endgame in cinema as Ive been busy all week + ramadhan)
Original post by quasa
:lol: yeah. Fortunately for me, most games I have gotten have been outside of revision time, or say if I need to prepare for an interview and a film / game is coming out, id just wait till the interview is over and then see it (sadly I have to wait till June to see endgame in cinema as Ive been busy all week + ramadhan)

At least your well organised and prepared for it then. How are you gonna avoid all of the spoilers until June though :O
At least your well organised and prepared for it then. How are you gonna avoid all of the spoilers until June though :O

Im not fussed by spoilers and still want to see it :lol: (personally I use spoilers to gauge whether the film is worth my time or not)
E3 2019 is live (woop woop)
So I got f1 2019 the other day,

F2 career mode is a bit underwhelming, it’s 3 events with some decent cutscenes but after that you never interact with the 2 rivals again.

I like the idea of driver transfers and this may get me playing a bit longer. Although they need to peg Williams and Gasly for example.

The f2 cars are fun to drive, very slidy.
Original post by Andrew97
So I got f1 2019 the other day,

F2 career mode is a bit underwhelming, it’s 3 events with some decent cutscenes but after that you never interact with the 2 rivals again.

I like the idea of driver transfers and this may get me playing a bit longer. Although they need to peg Williams and Gasly for example.

The f2 cars are fun to drive, very slidy.

ive been meaning to ask how f1 2019 is. I tend to not to go for installment titles (last f1 game was 2017) but 2019 does interest me (chances are ill probably wait till xmas for the price to drop).

do you play with controller or steering wheel (ive been meaning to get a wheel for a while as they provide better car control / laptimes but been putting it off for years).
For some bizarre reason, I am having difficulties streaming to twitch via PS4 and AVgamer recording card. I can stream to youtube OK but twitch doesnt seem to record much of my gameplay (at best, two 30 second videos)
Original post by quasa
ive been meaning to ask how f1 2019 is. I tend to not to go for installment titles (last f1 game was 2017) but 2019 does interest me (chances are ill probably wait till xmas for the price to drop).

do you play with controller or steering wheel (ive been meaning to get a wheel for a while as they provide better car control / laptimes but been putting it off for years).

I would wait for Christmas if I were you. The game is decent enough. I have the anniversary edition rather than the legends as I felt legends was a rip off.

The f2 is a little bit short (career mode wise) for my liking. There are 3 scenarios basically and what you do impacts the cutscene directly after, but it has no impact in the f1 career mode proper. Car development speeds have slowed down a bit from what I have noticed, which is a good thing and driver transfers add an element which will get me playing for longer (although It Is a tad unrelastic) for example I had Hulk and Perez swap for Austria season 1.

A couple of issues/bugs remain however, ERS is much harder to mange, for example in 2018 you could do the whole race on medium, can’t in 2019. The ultra fast lap times for skipping a session still exist. Wet driving is impossible and I feel the AI are way to quick down the straights. For example I have a Williams, most powerful engine now, the TR should not be able to outdrag me.

I use a controller.
You know you've played Persona 5 too much when your on the train and Tokyo Daylight is stuck in your head

Actual footage of me awaiting the Pokemon Sword / Shield release date on 15th November :biggrin:
Finally unlocked the sea skim technique n Pokemon Lets Go :woo:
A couple of news stories (apologies for the delay):

a new need for speed game is coming out in november called Need for Speed: Heat. Unlike the lame game that was payback, there are no microtransactions / lootboxes (thank you EA), with the only paid content being DLCs. In terms of gameplay, it looks like a nice mix of undergroud, Most Wanted (2005 edition) and prostreet, with optional day/night cycles which affect gameplay (daytime races are sanctioned street races with minimal police presence and are aimed at earning money; night races earns more rep (which means better upgrades / cars) and has illegal races with heavier police presence).

The other bit of news is that ubisoft have launched their game subscription service, which is free till the end of september, then £12.99 a month thereafter (and can be cancelled at any time)
PS5 confirmed to be released by Christmas 2020 :yay:
Original post by Chronoscope
PS5 confirmed to be released by Christmas 2020 :yay:

considering CoreOS devices are hitting around then as well, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see project scarlet released then (CoreOS = next gen microsoft OS, which will still be called windows 10, but will have different names for devices such as Hololens, Surface Neo, Hub 2 etc).

Also raytracing is confirmed to be a hardware feature for both devices, along with SSDs (I have read that 1 / both may be getting M.2s but nothing has been confirmed, but considering the new surfaces have removable M.2s, it may be a possibility scarlet will be getting an M.2). Also Native 4K, with the option of watching video in 8K (chances are 8K gaming will be with a mid-gen upgrade).

Back to ps5, Blu-rays will be 100GB and still required for game installs, but users have the option of choosing what portions of the game to install (e.g. single player, multiplayer etc) to help manage storage space. Also PS5 is PS4 backwards compatible.

1 interesting aspect is the haptic feedback, which I can best describe as a programmable / adaptive dual shock like system for the PS5. the controller will have a larger battery and USB-C (no confirmation about the headphone jack).
(edited 4 years ago)
It's official: the phantom thieves have struck Central Tokyo on Halloween. Here are scenes from Shibuya
Next week is the release of 2 games which should be interesting: Death Stranding and Need for Speed Heat.

Currently, the review embargo for stranding has been lifted and to say its mixed is an understatement. Whilst it has an aggregate score in the low 80s, actually reading the reviews in full suggest that the plot, characters and interactive features (particularly how 1 person's choices can help another person's game), the game feels too slow, bloated and has a lot of unnecessary, repetitive side-missions. That being said, the combat mechanics are apparently improved from phantom pain.

Now, regarding NFS heat, it looks like a much needed return to form for EA's flagship racing title. whilst reviews havent really been published yet, a lot of gameplay vids on youtube show it to be a lovely mix of the best bits from the underground series, Most wanted (original, not the rubbish 2012 game) and rivals. Personally, I've pre-ordered the latter as it looks exciting and will post a review on here at some point in the future.
@quasa Hi! :hello:

I thought that this thread needs a member with retro taste, so I am here. Guess you are to see me here. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest