The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bogelles
Cause he is actually pretty good tbh

He came in fighting for something he believes in unlike poor Theresa who was fighting herself and even when she got pretty much the softest brexit deal possible she was still voted against and shouted at

anyway yeah he has come in with a can do attitude and he is a leader, he has got himself a cabinet with people who will work with him and not against him and he wants change, it's a lot different to the type of change others want but it's change that fits his views and well they are also a bit more realistic as well than others.

Oh and he isn't a terrorist supporter unlike a certain Mr Corbyn. Oh and he doesn't want to **** off with our national defense as well, or bankrupt the country. Oh and he doesn't mislead the country unlike Corbyn with his 'look I've got proof' stuff he came out with recently which was actually just a load of crap.

Basically his really good and I don't get why people don't like him really, I hear lots of labour, lib dem, etc supporters that chat a lot of **** about him and the conservative party in general but don't actually ever give a reason for it, and when they do it's irrelevant. Like the people that say the NHS is gonna collapse or whatever under a Tory government yet they are literally throwing money at it and have mad plans to improve it, and building new hospitals will be huge. It doesn't matter how much money you give them that won't improve it as much as people think it will

Basically he is amazing especially compared to the competitive from the other parties .

I could talk for hours about it, also the thought of Corbyn being in power is terrifying. Jo anti-democracy Swindon is the only person worse than him but she ain't never getting it do we all cool.

There's so much wrong with this but one of the things that stood out was "he doesn't mislead the country..." LMAO; here's a site by Peter O'Borne, a previous DAILY MAIL columnist detailing, and still updating, all of Johnson's biggest lies. You quite literally cannot trust a word he says.

I'll make quick comment on the other fallacies represented here:
- It's really easy to understand why people don't like him, there's countless of reasons why that you would see if you looked outside of your apparent echo chamber, it's not "chatting ****". A couple of examples include his brazen islamaphobia, clear disdain for the poor (as proven in the many many columns he previously authored), constant habitual lying, blatant corruption (including his time as Mayor of London) and so on...
- "mad plans" to improve the NHS was a lie - “We’re upgrading 20 hospitals and building 40 new ones." is a proven lie, in actuality, they're upgrading only 6 existing hospitals. Also their pledge to recruit 50,000 new nurses was ALSO a lie, 20,000 included in the figure are existing nurses...
- A cabinet of yes men is not an advantage, they're all far-right idiots that are of the same breed as Johnson
- Labour's manifesto was fully costed and approved of by numerous economists and academics, as reported here, unexpectedly, by the financial times
- He is a weak leader who cannot face scrutiny, for example by his recent stunts of simply not attending the channel 4 leader's climate debate, and avoiding to agree upon a date for an Andrew Neil interview (WHICH ALL OTHER LEADERS HAVE DONE)

So maybe now you see the reasons why... Probably not; if you could "talk for hours" about how great he is I doubt it's anything substantive
Oh also, what you said about Corbyn is incorrect, he is not a terrorist sympathiser, recognise context. Also, he doesn't lie.
(edited 4 years ago)
just an alpha male isn’t he
Original post by YoungMetro_
There's so much wrong with this but one of the things that stood out was "he doesn't mislead the country..." LMAO; here's a site by Peter O'Borne, a previous DAILY MAIL columnist detailing, and still updating, all of Johnson's biggest lies. You quite literally cannot trust a word he says.

I'll make quick comment on the other fallacies represented here:
- It's really easy to understand why people don't like him, there's countless of reasons why that you would see if you looked outside of your apparent echo chamber, it's not "chatting ****". A couple of examples include his brazen islamaphobia, clear disdain for the poor (as proven in the many many columns he previously authored), constant habitual lying, blatant corruption (including his time as Mayor of London) and so on...
- "mad plans" to improve the NHS was a lie - “We’re upgrading 20 hospitals and building 40 new ones." is a proven lie, in actuality, they're upgrading only 6 existing hospitals. Also their pledge to recruit 50,000 new nurses was ALSO a lie, 20,000 included in the figure are existing nurses...
- A cabinet of yes men is not an advantage, they're all far-right idiots that are of the same breed as Johnson
- Labour's manifesto was fully costed and approved of by numerous economists and academics, as reported here, unexpectedly, by the financial times
- He is a weak leader who cannot face scrutiny, for example by his recent stunts of simply not attending the channel 4 leader's climate debate, and avoiding to agree upon a date for an Andrew Neil interview (WHICH ALL OTHER LEADERS HAVE DONE)

So maybe now you see the reasons why... Probably not; if you could "talk for hours" about how great he is I doubt it's anything substantive
Oh also, what you said about Corbyn is incorrect, he is not a terrorist sympathiser, recognise context. Also, he doesn't lie.

He has declined to be interviewed by channel 4 before because they are left wing af and manipulate everything he says

The economists that back corbyns plans are mostly left wing so obviously they will

Again yeah you say he does all this bad stuff but never show any examples of it

Everything you said in the "mad plans" paragraph is wrong in someway. They never said they were getting new they have always said more, it is important you actually listen to what people say.

He isn't a weak leader at all, a weak leader is Corbyn who can't even control his own party never mind run a country

Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser, he has been in the past and continues to be one. He also does very much lie, take for example the recent oh look the Tories will sell off the NHS **** which was actually just some talks between May's government and the US to try and get cheaper drugs and at no point we're any plans made, not just that you also have to remember, completely different government.

The not having an interview with Andrew Neil well yeah I can see how that can be construed as running scared but really he is just avoiding losing votes.
Original post by Bogelles
He has declined to be interviewed by channel 4 before because they are left wing af and manipulate everything he says

The economists that back corbyns plans are mostly left wing so obviously they will

Again yeah you say he does all this bad stuff but never show any examples of it

Everything you said in the "mad plans" paragraph is wrong in someway. They never said they were getting new they have always said more, it is important you actually listen to what people say.

He isn't a weak leader at all, a weak leader is Corbyn who can't even control his own party never mind run a country

Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser, he has been in the past and continues to be one. He also does very much lie, take for example the recent oh look the Tories will sell off the NHS **** which was actually just some talks between May's government and the US to try and get cheaper drugs and at no point we're any plans made, not just that you also have to remember, completely different government.

The not having an interview with Andrew Neil well yeah I can see how that can be construed as running scared but really he is just avoiding losing votes.

You dismiss valid criticisms by saying "they're left wing"; the channel 4 live debate was not an interview, I don't understand how they could manipulate it? Also, it's not simply "they're left wing, of course they'd say that", they're educated economists and academics.

I showed examples of bad **** he's done but if you, the website I linked details countless lies (I'm not going to regurgitate them here), islamaphobia you have **** like calling muslim women "letterboxes" and has failed to condemn the clear islamaphobia within his party, has said disgusting things abour poor people and those in unfortunate positions, for example, here's one from today, here's another one "children of single mothers were 'ill-raised, ignorant, aggressive and illegitimate'", here's another one, I digress; blatant corruption, for example the Jennifer Arcuri grants and affair, also the garden bridge bull****. I'm not going to waste time listing more as it'll more than likely be disregarded as leftist bull**** or something.

I don't understand what you mean about the NHS, they claim to have plans to build new hospitals, it was a proven lie (only upgrading 6 existing), they have a pledge in their manifesto to recruit x amount new nurses, another proven lie. If I told you the Conservatives have plans to "recruit 50,000 more nurses" does that suggest to you that any of them will be existing nurses?

Corbyn being a terrorist sympathiser is an entirely flawed argument, furthermore the papers prove that talks have been conducted "between July 2017 and July 2019" and have discussed "drug patents, the pharmaceutical industry, health insurance and medical devices as part of the post-Brexit trade deal.". Trump himself claimed "everything is on the table" when questioned regarding the NHS as part of a trade deal at a US-UK conference. It should be overwhelmingly obvious that any deal with the US regarding healthcare WILL NOT result in cheaper drugs.

"The not having an interview with Andrew Neil well yeah I can see how that can be construed as running scared but really he is just avoiding losing votes."... How can you honestly not onyl contend, but believe that Johnson is a strong leader and then suppose he is "scared of losing votes" by not participating in an interview... A "strong leader" that cannot even face the due scrutiny that all other party leaders have; truly pathetic.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by YoungMetro_
You dismiss valid criticisms by saying "they're left wing"; the channel 4 live debate was not an interview, I don't understand how they could manipulate it? Also, it's not simply "they're left wing, of course they'd say thatl", they're educated economists and academics.

I showed examples of bad **** he's done but if you, the website I linked details countless lies (I'm not going to regurgitate them here), islamaphobia you have **** like calling muslim women "letterboxes" and has failed to condemn the clear islamaphobia within his party, has said disgusting things abour poor people and those in unfortunate positions, for example, here's one from today, here's another one "children of single mothers were 'ill-raised, ignorant, aggressive and illegitimate'", here's another one, I digress; blatant corruption, for example the Jennifer Arcuri grants and affair, also the garden bridge bull****. I'm not going to waste time listing more as it'll more than likely be disregarded as leftist bull**** or something.

I don't understand what you mean about the NHS, they claim to have plans to build new hospitals, it was a proven lie (only upgrading 6 existing), they have a pledge in their manifesto to recruit x amount new nurses, another proven lie. If I told you the Conservatives have plans to "recruit 50,000 more nurses" does that suggest to you that any of them will be existing nurses?

Corbyn being a terrorist sympathiser is an entirely flawed argument, furthermore the papers prove that talks have been conducted "between July 2017 and July 2019" and have discussed "drug patents, the pharmaceutical industry, health insurance and medical devices as part of the post-Brexit trade deal.". Trump himself claimed "everything is on the table" when questioned regarding the NHS as part of a trade deal at a US-UK conference. It should be overwhelmingly obvious that any deal with the US regarding healthcare WILL NOT result in cheaper drugs.

"The not having an interview with Andrew Neil well yeah I can see how that can be construed as running scared but really he is just avoiding losing votes."... How can you honestly not onyl contend, but believe that Johnson is a strong leader and then suppose he is "scared of losing votes" by not participating in an interview... A "strong leader" that cannot even face the due scrutiny that all other party leaders have; truly pathetic.

I don't argue with idiots sorry won't comment much cause it won't change you

Trump has literally said today he doesn't want the NHS though and seriously who would? It is so unprofitable

The channel 4 live debate was good but that isn't what I was referencing, he showed up to that probably because they couldn't manipulate what he was saying there.

Also something that hasn't happened yet can't be a "proven lie" so that's an interesting one

I must ask you, if Corbyn is so good how come he has such low opinion polls and why isn't he set to win a majority government?
don’t support boris as much as I do conservative ideology and policies- their policies seem much more realistic and if I’m honest I don’t want radical change like labour/libdem/UKIP promise
Original post by TheDemeaning
even if he was muslim there's nothing wrong with being a torie. I've known a few muslims who are supporters of UKIP because frankly they don't think they're racist.

well then they are stoppid
Original post by Omertà
well then they are stoppid

nope. you're stupid for thinking they're racist
Reply 48
his hair
Because the way you come across here you’re probably too narrow minded to try and understand - his parties policies are far more realistic than labour...
it seems like for most of the country its:

1, brexit
2, lack of credible alternative

I don't think Boris is a great candidate. A half-decent Labour alternative, that actually had a non-laughable brexit policy would win this election.

Sadly the man who lost to the worst tory campaigner in modern history (May) somehow is getting another shot at it. And somehow has managed to reverse the one genius move he made last time in removing brexit from the debate stage, by putting it front and center by backing a policy explicitly counter to what they stood for last time around.

As much as we like to catastrophise, most people in the UK are doing alright at the moment, and for them they look at Boris and think 'more of the same.. not rocking the boat' (except brexit, which your either for or against). They don't look at Corbyn and think 'oh, heres an alternative who will make things a bit better' (as they should for an opposition) - they look at him and see a radical threat. Someone who wants to change things so much, so fast that it risks shaking up everything about their lives.

My advice to Labour would be.. put in a new leader that everyone can get behind.. remove half of the radical change from your manifesto and focus on the core that matters.. and make up your mind on brexit. If they can do that, Boris and the Tories are done.
Original post by TheDemeaning
nope. you're stupid for thinking they're racist

I think there is enough evidence that Boris Johnson is racist, and if you don't then you surely got that room temp iq.

It makes someone soooo much smarter when they play the uno reverse card too... :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Omertà
I think there is enough evidence that Boris Johnson is racist, and if you don't then you surely got that room temp iq.

It makes someone soooo much smarter when they play the uno reverse card too... :smile:

I think there is plenty of evidence that he says offensive things. its harder to find evidence that hes actually a racist though.

For example - he says an offensive comment about islamic women.. while writing an article that defends their right to wear what ever they like. Is that racist? or just offensive?

plenty of people (if not everyone) can say offensive things to different groups at different times. I bet youve made marks that others can can consider offensive in a racist way. For me that's not the test of whether someone is a racist or not. The test of that is in their actual actions and beliefs. That for boris is much harder to prove, for a tory hes always been quite liberal and pro-migration for example, as well as pro religous-freedom, and one of his reasons for wanting to leave the EU was to ballance immigration between white-europeans and non-europeans? On the other hand, hes.. etc. etc.

I don't think its as clear cut as, heres the evidence.. hes a racist. Unless you take a few offensive things someone has said, and then that means they are a racist inside.
Original post by fallen_acorns
I think there is plenty of evidence that he says offensive things. its harder to find evidence that hes actually a racist though.

For example - he says an offensive comment about islamic women.. while writing an article that defends their right to wear what ever they like. Is that racist? or just offensive?

plenty of people (if not everyone) can say offensive things to different groups at different times. I bet youve made marks that others can can consider offensive in a racist way. For me that's not the test of whether someone is a racist or not. The test of that is in their actual actions and beliefs. That for boris is much harder to prove, for a tory hes always been quite liberal and pro-migration for example, as well as pro religous-freedom, and one of his reasons for wanting to leave the EU was to ballance immigration between white-europeans and non-europeans? On the other hand, hes.. etc. etc.

I don't think its as clear cut as, heres the evidence.. hes a racist. Unless you take a few offensive things someone has said, and then that means they are a racist inside.

u just said urself he is a racist??? tf
Original post by Omertà
u just said urself he is a racist??? tf

where?
Reply 55
He's such a noob
Original post by DosNex
And why is that?

For the same reason I wouldn't take out a second mortgage when I can barely afford the first one.
Original post by fallen_acorns
where?

the whole thing was u just saying he said racist stuff like come on proof read basic skill right there
Reply 58
But come on, he is a bit of a noob to be fair
Original post by Omertà
the whole thing was u just saying he said racist stuff like come on proof read basic skill right there

no, the whole thing was questioning whether using offensive/racist language makes you a racist. For example, if I make an arguement for an end to racial-pay disparities, but while doing so use the wrong word for black people? Am I a racist? I've said something racist, but in the middle of making a point where I'm arguing to end inequality?

I think your reading what you want to read, and ignoring the rest.