The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Economics Applicants 2020

Hii all,

Anyone who has heard from any Uni yet?
Offer:
+ Which uni did you get your offers from?
+ Your predicted grades
+ Do you have any tips for writing Econ personal statements?
+ How are you feeling? :smile:
Rejection:
+ Which Uni did you get the rejections from?
+ Reasons for the rejection (if you know)?
+ Other Unis you are waiting for
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nghii
Hii all,

Offer:
+ Your predicted grades
Rejection:

•So far offers from York and Leeds.
•A*A*A
•Just talk about what made you choose economics and if you can't think if anything try to write what you think they'll like to read, without being corny or clichè.
•I'm feeling good so far, I'm confident I'll get the rest of my offers really soon.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by zodisagoddess21
•So far offers from York and Leeds.
•A*A*A
•Just talk about what made you choose economics and if you can't think if anything try to write what you think they'll like to read, without being corny or clichè.
•I'm feeling good so far, I'm confident I'll get the rest of my offers really soon.

Heyyy congrats on your offers!!! York and Leeds are 2 very good Unis! Where else do you apply to? :smile:
Original post by nghii
Heyyy congrats on your offers!!! York and Leeds are 2 very good Unis! Where else do you apply to? :smile:

Warwick, Exeter, LSE. what about you what unis are you planning to apply to
Original post by nghii
Hii all,

Offer:
+ Your predicted grades
Rejection:

got offers from UCL and Warwick (both economics)
IB predicted 44
Feeling quite confident :P
Original post by IBscore44
IB predicted 44

what is your predicted breakdown? e.g how much have you been predicted in each subject? just asking because i'm applying to warwick and haven't heard back yet! but congrats!! you should be very proud :smile:
Got offers from Warwick, Bath and Edinburgh, got rejected by Oxford, still waiting for LSE
IB predicted 41 with 776 at highers (maths,econ and phys)
After doing IB don't feel confident in anything in my life
Reply 7
Original post by zodisagoddess21
Warwick, Exeter, LSE. what about you what unis are you planning to apply to

I'm thinking of Loughborough, Exeter, Surrey and Kent. But I think I'm gonna take Loughborough and Kent out cause I wanna try applying to schools like UCL and Bath. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by s1lent_protest
Got offers from Warwick, Bath and Edinburgh, got rejected by Oxford, still waiting for LSE

Heyy all those 3 are very good Unis, so congrats!!!
I don't know much about IB but 41 out of 45 sounds really good, I guess it's like nearly full UMS for A Level?
Reply 9
Original post by IBscore44
IB predicted 44

Heyy congrats!! ^_^
Original post by nghii
Heyy all those 3 are very good Unis, so congrats!!!
I don't know much about IB but 41 out of 45 sounds really good, I guess it's like nearly full UMS for A Level?

Good evening, thank you for being so positive. The A-level equivalent would be A*A*A or something like that.

I'm applying to Warwick, Edinburgh and Bath too!! How long did it take for you to get your offers from those universities?
Original post by ilovemath11
I'm applying to Warwick, Edinburgh and Bath too!! How long did it take for you to get your offers from those universities?

About 6 weeks. I applied on 13-th of October and received an offer from Warwick on 19-th of November, from Edinburgh on 27-th and finally Bath on 28-th. I am still waiting to hear from LSE, otherwise think about firming Warwick. (Got rejected by Oxford econ+man on 27-th btw)
(edited 4 years ago)
About 6 weeks. I applied on 13-th of October and received an offer from Warwick on 19-th of November, From Edinburgh on 27-th and finally Bath on 28-th. I am still waiting to hear from LSE, otherwise think about firming Warwick. (Got rejected by Oxford econ+man on 27-th btw)

Wow, congrats!!! That's great news :smile: I applied a few days ago and was super stressed about not getting offers haha I'm relieved now that I know that it may take some time
Reply 14
Good luck guys, recently applied to Warwick, Bath and UCL and still waiting on all of them.
I've applied to Edinburgh, Bath, Newcastle, Loughborough and Leeds and I've got offers from all of them apart from Edinburgh!Predicted AAA. Feeling stressed cos I don't think I'm going to get my predicted grades :/
Reply 16
Original post by kattarina
I've applied to Edinburgh, Bath, Newcastle, Loughborough and Leeds and I've got offers from all of them apart from Edinburgh!Predicted AAA. Feeling stressed cos I don't think I'm going to get my predicted grades :/

Well done on your offers, I'm sure you'll do fine just make sure you're working hard and don't stress too much.
Hi i've received all decisions.
IGCSEs: seven A* (Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, Business Studies, ICT, ESL, Bahasa Indonesia)
Predicted: A*A*A* (Economics, Accounting, Mathematics)

I know accounting is a pretty weak subject but that's the best combination I could take. My school does not offer further math, but I've been competing in the national olympiad in Economics for two years. I think that's what makes up for accounting loll.

Applied (16/09)

Decisions in chronological order:
Warwick Economics - Offer: A*AA (02/10)
Edinburgh Economics - Offer: ABB (14/10)
LSE Economics - Rejected: Personal Statement (01/11)
Warwick Economic Studies & Global Sustainable Development - Offer: A*AA (01/11)
Oxford E&M - Rejected before interview (27/11)

I'd suggest you to show what you like about Econ, what you wish to do with your knowledge of it, and kinda implicitly show how you know certain econ concepts while doing so.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by narwhuals
Hi i've received all decisions.
Predicted: A*A*A* (Economics, Accounting, Mathematics)

I know accounting is a pretty weak subject but that's the best combination I could take. My school does not offer further math, but I've been competing in the national olympiad in Economics for two years. I think that's what makes up for accounting loll.

Decisions in chronological order:
Warwick Economics - Offer: A*AA
Edinburgh Economics - Offer: ABB
LSE Economics - Rejected: Personal Statement
Warwick Economic Studies & Global Sustainable Development - Offer: A*AA
Oxford E&M - Rejected before interview

I'd suggest you to show what you like about Econ, what you wish to do with your knowledge of it, and kinda implicitly show how you know certain econ concepts while doing so.

congrats!! how long did you have to wait to hear back?
Original post by ilovemath11
congrats!! how long did you have to wait to hear back?

Hi, thanks. I just updated my message with the dates
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending