The Student Room Group

Lost and found someone?

Have you ever experienced a situation where you lost someone you loved to issues like misunderstandings, no communication, ego etc and found them again and restarted the relationship as mature individuals?

Scroll to see replies

Definitely! Sometimes it's just the wrong time.
Time does change people, make you more mature by experience.

Restarting a relationship is just what you need for a fresh start. This is if the previous experience wasn't left on such bad terms.
Reply 2
Original post by alliswell
Definitely! Sometimes it's just the wrong time.
Time does change people, make you more mature by experience.

Restarting a relationship is just what you need for a fresh start. This is if the previous experience wasn't left on such bad terms.

But what if the people date other people? Can they still reunite?

Wasn't left on bad terms. Just no goodbye, no answers and no clarification. There was no argument or fight. Just a conversation but 1 side didnt give the other any answers in a honest way.
Was there cheating involved?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Was there cheating involved?

No
Then yes, why not. Although some people wouldn't like going back to their ex. It depends on how the relationship was and how it ended.

If you are on good terms, you could give it a try.

I know loads of people that had broken up and got back together after a while(even after dating in the middle).

Look at Penny and Leonard from big bang theory
Let them date other people. Maybe they need to be with other people to see how much they wanna be with someone like you.

Can't really control destiny. If you two are meant to be, you will reunite someday.
Reply 7
Let them date other people. Maybe they need to be with other people to see how much they wanna be with someone like you.

Can't really control destiny. If you two are meant to be, you will reunite someday.

Do you think there's a chance for reunion?
If you two are still communicating, better than before, then why not?
I definitely think there's a chance, but there must also be mutual efforts in trying to reunite.
Reply 9
If you two are still communicating, better than before, then why not?
I definitely think there's a chance, but there must also be mutual efforts in trying to reunite.

No I mean if they have no contact
I think y'all have to be in contact to reunite. Not everyday, just be in communication.

Is there a reason why you don't talk to this person?
I think y'all have to be in contact to reunite. Not everyday, just be in communication.

Is there a reason why you don't talk to this person?

One person moved away to a different place
Nah, I don't think it matters how far they are.
Like I said, keeping in contact is important, now that the person stays someplace else, you have to have communication.

How long has it been since you two talked?
Nah, I don't think it matters how far they are.
Like I said, keeping in contact is important, now that the person stays someplace else, you have to have communication.

How long has it been since you two talked?

1 year. The person refused to hear me out and gave no response. Then left
Have you tried contacting them recently to see where you can pick up where you left of?

What would be the reason they wouldn't hear you out previously anyway? You did say you two didn't leave on bad terms right
There must be a reason why someone just stops talking to another. Might have offended them in any way?
Have you tried contacting them recently to see where you can pick up where you left of?

What would be the reason they wouldn't hear you out previously anyway? You did say you two didn't leave on bad terms right
There must be a reason why someone just stops talking to another. Might have offended them in any way?

The other person accused me of wrong them when I didnt. We didnt fight but they wanted me to chase them and when I didnt as I felt the other person didnt want to talk. They said I ignored them. And stopped talking
Damn, what misunderstanding!

You should just hit them up and slowly explain what really happened that cause you two to not speak...
And maybe apologise for the misunderstanding even though it wasn't anyone's fault just to mellow things out.
Damn, what misunderstanding!

You should just hit them up and slowly explain what really happened that cause you two to not speak...
And maybe apologise for the misunderstanding even though it wasn't anyone's fault just to mellow things out.

Tried to. But I believe the other person knew they were at fault and their ego refused to admit it. Also this person looked like they hated me for this reason.
I tried my best to make them understand but he chose to walk away.
Even tried telling him that it wasn't his or your fault?
Why would you think he hates you?

If there isn't any reason for all this, just because of a misunderstanding, I hate to say it but, maybe he's just not interested in pursuing this...

It seems like there's no legit reason on why he doesn't want to reconcile.
Even tried telling him that it wasn't his or your fault?
Why would you think he hates you?

If there isn't any reason for all this, just because of a misunderstanding, I hate to say it but, maybe he's just not interested in pursuing this...

It seems like there's no legit reason on why he doesn't want to reconcile.

Yes but he still blamed me. And now we have no contact

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending