The Student Room Group

Lincoln A18L 2020 Entry (Nottingham at Lincoln)

Note: This is a University of Nottingham at University of Lincoln Degree, rather than a University of Lincoln standalone degree.

Welcome to the University of Lincoln A18L (Medicine with a Foundation Year) 2020 Entry Discussion.

For general information click: https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/course/MDCMFYUB/

For entry requirements click: https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/course/MDCMFYUB/#collapse222020-21

Lincoln Medicine 2020 Offer Holders thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6344712

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Apart from location, does anyone know how the Lincoln pathway differs from the Nottingham one?
Original post by whizzer_wins
Apart from location, does anyone know how the Lincoln pathway differs from the Nottingham one?

Hi @whizzer_wins,

We are hosting a Lincoln Medical School Visit Day, where you can tour our campus and find out more about studying medicine at the University of Lincoln. This Visit Day is taking place on the 13th September and it is designed to run alongside Nottingham's Open Day, so you could visit Nottingham in the morning and then visit the University of Lincoln in the afternoon.

There will be opportunities to chat with staff about the course and find out more about the application process.

You can find out more and book your place here.

I hope this helps!

Daisy :smile:
Original post by University of Lincoln
Hi @whizzer_wins,

We are hosting a Lincoln Medical School Visit Day, where you can tour our campus and find out more about studying medicine at the University of Lincoln. This Visit Day is taking place on the 13th September and it is designed to run alongside Nottingham's Open Day, so you could visit Nottingham in the morning and then visit the University of Lincoln in the afternoon.

There will be opportunities to chat with staff about the course and find out more about the application process.

You can find out more and book your place here.

I hope this helps!

Thank you so much, but unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the Open Day. Do you know of any staff I could contact?
Do they accept resits?
Original post by whizzer_wins
Thank you so much, but unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the Open Day. Do you know of any staff I could contact?

Hi @whizzer_wins,

We recommend contacting our Admissions Team via 01522 886097 or [email protected], as they should be able to discuss the course and put you in touch with academic staff.

We also have several Undergraduate Open Days coming up, which will also give you the chance to visit our campus and understand more about studying Medicine in Lincoln. Our next Open Day is the 28th September, you can book a place here.

I hope this helps!

Daisy
Original post by AlevelReject68
Do they accept resits?

Hi @AlevelReject68,

We recommend you contact our Admissions Team via 01522 886097 or [email protected], as they should be able to discuss this with you.

I hope this helps!

Daisy
who else is applying ?
guess itss just me !
Anyone received anythinf
Got an interview !!!!
What were your points?
Original post by shum1614
Got an interview !!!!

Congratulations @shum1614 and good luck in your interview! 🎉🤞
Congratulations @shum1614 and good luck in your interview! 🎉🤞

thank you !!! - is it possible to know what stations there are or what exactly we are tested on whether it is personal statement , empathy etc..
Original post by Aspiring_doc786
What were your points?

39 sis
Got an interview !!!!

Me too! Congrats:smile:
Original post by wiktxriaxo
Me too! Congrats:smile:

Nicer!!!!!!!
thank you !!! - is it possible to know what stations there are or what exactly we are tested on whether it is personal statement , empathy etc..

Hi @shum1614,

Interviews are held at both Lincoln and Nottingham in the style of Multiple Mini-Interviews, with 8 stations. Two stations will involve role play and the other six will involve answering questions.

You can find out more information about the interview process, including what you are tested on and how the stations are set up, on Nottingham's website.

I hope this helps!

Hi @shum1614,

Interviews are held at both Lincoln and Nottingham in the style of Multiple Mini-Interviews, with 8 stations. Two stations will involve role play and the other six will involve answering questions.

You can find out more information about the interview process, including what you are tested on and how the stations are set up, on Nottingham's website.

I hope this helps!

thank you ! - also who are lay people that are interviewing us ?
Hi @shum1614,

I hope this helps!

During the 1 minute we get to see what happens in the follwoing station, if we dont understand a question is it possible to ask someone before we go to the next station ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending