The Student Room Group
Dude if you know what your parents are like e.g. how strict they are and also (I have a few Muslim friends who are quite in touch with their faith) I know for a fact drinking is prohibited so you probably do know this as well, then why drink? I mean regardless of whether you're Muslim or not, why drink that much to the point where you don't remember anything? Anything could have happened which could have serious repercussions in the future.

Honestly can't help you here. They're probably strict for this sort of reason. You could tell them you were at a sleepover with some friends. I mean it really depends if going to a sleepover fits your character at your age. *shrug*
Reply 2
If you’re Muslim why would you drink alcohol?
Maybe you should change who you hangout with, bad company results in bad repercussions.
Damn, I have the most chillest parents and I wouldn’t do this. How could you do that with strict parents 😂😂. I guess you’ll just have to lie and stop drinking 🤷*♂️
Original post by Thereturnsanaaxo
So i went out with my friends and got soo drunk that i dont recall the events. my parents keeps asking where i was and what i was doing. i am muslim so if i tell them i was drinking they will disown me or even KILL me. i dont know what do..what do i tell them? advice on how to deal with strict parents pls

Move out from home ASAP and break off all contact with them.

If your parents are so unhinged that they might kill you - under any circumstances - then health and safety kicks in as your highest priority.

I don't know any parents that would even consider killing any of their children under any circumstances.

Your parents aren't strict, they are excessively dangerous individuals if what you say isn't pure hyperbole.

If you were using a figure of speech, confess all and let them say and think what they want to. That's assuming they wouldn't physically assault you over this and you are over 18.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Move out from home ASAP and break off all contact with them.

If your parents are so unhinged that they might kill you - under any circumstances - then health and safety kicks in as your highest priority.

I don't know any parents that would even consider killing any of their children under any circumstances.

Your parents aren't strict, they are excessively dangerous individuals if what you say isn't pure hyperbole.

If you were using a figure of speech, confess all and let them say and think what they want to. That's assuming they wouldn't physically assault you over this and you are over 18.

They will still physically assault you when you’re 27 with kids.
make an excuse and don't do it again. My parents are strict and muslim, i'm at uni and been drinking for a year but got away with it so far; never drink at home and gonna stop soon tbh.
Maybe could have taken the drinking, a bit easy and not go all in, losing your mind. Doesn't matter what religion, you've taken drinking something that impairs you.

Awww, now you're in a situation were you have to tell your parents were you've been. Just say to the cinema and you're dumb enough to throw away your ticket because you enjoyed the movie so much, that you forget where you briefly were and it wouldn't happen again. Punish yourself with no movies.
Original post by Thereturnsanaaxo
So i went out with my friends and got soo drunk that i dont recall the events. my parents keeps asking where i was and what i was doing. i am muslim so if i tell them i was drinking they will disown me or even KILL me. i dont know what do..what do i tell them? advice on how to deal with strict parents pls

You should be a man and face the consequences in whatever you do
Original post by Anonymous
Muslims like you aggrivate me. I dont care if you drink or not. Dont drag all the (actual practicing) muslims down with you by announcing to the kaafir that your a muslim. Your making us all look bad. If you drink and care about your faith then stop. If you dont then move far away and carry on.

It is against TSR rules to post using foreign language terms without providing an english language translation.
As is abusing the anonymous feature.
How old are you?

can't delete on phone app.
(edited 4 years ago)
Muslims like you aggrivate me. I dont care if you drink or not. Dont drag all the (actual practicing) muslims down with you by announcing to the kaafir that your a muslim. Your making us all look bad. If you drink and care about your faith then stop. If you dont then move far away and carry on.

(I know this a a thread that is a year old but I'll write this anyway)
Why so condescending? Honestly this is one big problem with the muslim community (muslim here, no I'm not an islamaphobe lmao). Y'all should just mind your own business and simply respond to the OP. Let him do whatever he wants. I just can't stand the pure arrogance sometimes.

This isn't me telling you to be a better muslim by the way. This is me telling you to be a decent human being that isn't condescending, simply because you don't like the fact he drank. Why be so rude for this? I mean isn't that haraam too, which you're so against?

Musims out there, THIS is one of the reasons we have a bed rep. I mean we're not nice to each other and are patronising unnecessarily. Chill

Drinking is his choice. Y'all can only advise. That's it. We can't call someone ''dumb'' if we don't like it, or emotionally force someone into not drinking. (Another reason why people say religion devides people)

Lastly, before ANYONE is patronising to him over drinking..... just know that not praying is a MUCH bigger sin than drinking. Not fasting without a good excuse is a MUCH bigger sin than drinking. Being arrogant is a MUCHHH bigger sin than drinking. Yet I bet you and the muslims criticising people like OP have done.
Again I'm not writing this to remind people to be good muslims, but to remind people to be decent. Although I'm talking about major sins to put it into perpectives that no one can be rude over sins, not just to be a normal human being but also to be a good muslim which people apparently so advocate for.

Lot of effort considering they probably won't see this now
Dude if you know what your parents are like e.g. how strict they are and also (I have a few Muslim friends who are quite in touch with their faith) I know for a fact drinking is prohibited so you probably do know this as well, then why drink? I mean regardless of whether you're Muslim or not, why drink that much to the point where you don't remember anything? Anything could have happened which could have serious repercussions in the future.

Honestly can't help you here. They're probably strict for this sort of reason. You could tell them you were at a sleepover with some friends. I mean it really depends if going to a sleepover fits your character at your age. *shrug*

Completely agree.
Original post by ashtolga23
Lot of effort considering they probably won't see this now

Maybe or maybe not, what I hope more is that the right people see this (i.e. the toxic ones)
This thread is a year old, so has been closed :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending