The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE MISDI applications 2020/21

Hello everyone!

I have sent the application to LSE last week and I'm already anxiously waiting for the results.
I start this discussion so that we can share experiences and thoughts.

Do you know if anyone that applied to MISDI got a reply?

Good luck to everyone!

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I applied to MISDI really late last year (like April) and the programme was full, so got put on the reserve list.
Didn't make it but they reinstated my application for free this year :smile:

What's your profile (current school/grades/interns etc.)?

Btw I wouldn't expect to hear back until January!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Kinococo
Hey, I applied to MISDI really late last year (like April) and the programme was full, so got put on the reserve list.
Didn't make it but they reinstated my application for free this year :smile:

What's your profile (current school/grades/interns etc.)?

Btw I wouldn't expect to hear back until January!

Original post by simonaaefrander
Hello everyone!

I have sent the application to LSE last week and I'm already anxiously waiting for the results.
I start this discussion so that we can share experiences and thoughts.

Do you know if anyone that applied to MISDI got a reply?

Good luck to everyone!

I have not heard anyone yet,
Reply 3
I applied on October 8th, still no news or updates. I believe that on mid December - January we will start getting the first answers.
Original post by akellner
I applied on October 8th, still no news or updates. I believe that on mid December - January we will start getting the first answers.

Mind sharing your profile (uni/experience etc.)? :tongue:
Reply 5
Mind sharing your profile (uni/experience etc.)? :tongue:

No problem, I studied Business and Administration in a top 10 school in Chile, where I graduated with distinction. I also did a Masters in the same school and also graduated with distinction. I worked 1 year in Innovation Consultancy, where I mentored face-to-face workshops intended for the creation of new products, and develop a 50-hour e-learning program, based on constructivism and gamification, meant to teach digital innovation methodologies to employees of Chile's biggest companies. I'm now working in Digital Transformation and Advanced Analytics Consultancy (4 years of experience), where I started as a Consultant and worked my way up to Project Manager. Here I lead multidisciplinary teams in the execution of high complexity technological projects, carried out from a technical-strategic perspective, for large Chilean companies.
No problem, I studied Business and Administration in a top 10 school in Chile, where I graduated with distinction. I also did a Masters in the same school and also graduated with distinction. I worked 1 year in Innovation Consultancy, where I mentored face-to-face workshops intended for the creation of new products, and develop a 50-hour e-learning program, based on constructivism and gamification, meant to teach digital innovation methodologies to employees of Chile's biggest companies. I'm now working in Digital Transformation and Advanced Analytics Consultancy (4 years of experience), where I started as a Consultant and worked my way up to Project Manager. Here I lead multidisciplinary teams in the execution of high complexity technological projects, carried out from a technical-strategic perspective, for large Chilean companies.

Sounds like you have an excellent CV and a strong application my friend.
Reply 7
Sounds like you have an excellent CV and a strong application my friend.

Thanks! How about you?
Thanks! How about you?

Not as experienced as yourself!
Graduated earlier this year from King's College London (just across to the road from LSE) with a first-class in Computer Science. Interned at few different banks during my degree and since graduating have been working as a Software Developer at an electronic trading FinTech.
Looking to build my management skills and one day transition from a developer to manager, hence the choice to study this program.
I applied to the part-time version of this course, which I understand has very limited places so I'm even more nervous.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
Not as experienced as yourself!
Graduated earlier this year from King's College London (just accross to the road from LSE) with a first-class in Computer Science. Interned at few different banks during my degree and since graduating have been working as a Software Developer at an electronic trading FinTech.
Looking to build my management skills and one day transition from a developer to manager, hence the choice to study this program.
I applied to the part-time version of this course, which I understand has very limited places so I'm even more nervous.

I hope we both get an answer soon and become classmates! :smile:
Reply 10
Hey!

I want to apply for MISDI and after reading this thread I realized I might already be late :frown: Is it too late or could I have chance?

I graduated 3 years ago from top Business School in Tbilisi, Georgia with 3.5 gpa out of 4. Since then I have worked as a digital product manager and strategist for 4 years. During last 1 year I have been managing my own startup. Will this profile be interesting for MISDI?

Also, can anyone give me any tips about personal statement? I want to dedicate huge portion of the statement to my professional experience, as I believe that is my best asset :smile: Is it good idea? or should I focus more on my academic studies?

I also passed GMAT (690) and toefl 114. Will this score in GMAT be useful or they are not interested ?

Any advice would be appreciated!

thanks
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by nikolia
Hey!

I want to apply for MISDI and after reading this thread I realized I might already be late :frown: Is it too late or could I have chance?

I graduated 3 years ago from top Business School in Tbilisi, Georgia with 3.5 gpa out of 4. Since then I have worked as a digital product manager and strategist for 4 years. During last 1 year I have been managing my own startup. Will this profile be interesting for MISDI?

Also, can anyone give me any tips about personal statement? I want to dedicate huge portion of the statement to my professional experience, as I believe that is my best asset :smile: Is it good idea? or should I focus more on my academic studies?

I also passed GMAT (690) and toefl 114. Will this score in GMAT be useful or they are not interested ?

thanks

Hey!

- I believe it isn't too late, you can still apply and have a solid chance of getting an acceptance letter.

- I'm not sure what are the exact profile for this master, but comparing your background to the background of some current students, I believe you have what is needed to be considered a candidate

- Usually, colleges are really interested in your academic background as well as your professional background. My personal statement had a little bit of everything: I described a social problem within my country that would be solved with the help of this master, then academic and professional experience which NEED to be connected with this masters, then why I chose this master and not another one, extracurricular activities, professional goals, among others, if you only focus on your professional experience your application will look incomplete to recruiters

- Good GMAT and TOEFL scores are always a plus

- Hope this helps

thanks
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 12
Hey!

- I believe it isn't too late, you can still apply and have a solid chance of getting an acceptance letter.

- I'm not sure what are the exact profile for this master, but comparing your background to the background of some current students, I believe you have what is needed to be considered a candidate

- Usually, colleges are really interested in your academic background as well as your professional background. My personal statement had a little bit of everything: I described a social problem within my country that would be solved with the help of this master, then academic and professional experience which NEED to be connected with this masters, then why I chose this master and not another one, extracurricular activities, professional goals, among others, if you only focus on your professional experience your application will look incomplete to recruiters

- Good GMAT and TOEFL scores are always a plus

- Hope this helps

thanks

Thank you very much for such a complete answer! Definitely gave me motivation :smile: Will try to send my application as soon as possible!

On a side note, how do you plan on financing your studies? By yourself or looking for scholarship? Chevening maybe or LSE scholarship?
Original post by nikolia
Hey!

thanks

Sounds like your experience is great. Make sure to apply ASAP, January at the latest I would say.
Also your GMAT will help!
I got accepted to my second option, and I have until December 12 to pay 3000 pounds to secure my place. I wrote to LSE asking if there is a specific date in which the MISDI program will start handing out decisions and they answered me this:

Dear Alejandro,

Thank you for your email.

Our average turnaround time from the point an application is deemed complete and sent to the department for review is 6-8 weeks however, some departments can take longer than this.

A decision will be made on your application in due course, I am afraid that we cannot confirm when this will be.

Basically, we just have to wait.
I got accepted to my second option, and I have until December 12 to pay 3000 pounds to secure my place. I wrote to LSE asking if there is a specific date in which the MISDI program will start handing out decisions and they answered me this:

Dear Alejandro,

Our average turnaround time from the point an application is deemed complete and sent to the department for review is 6-8 weeks however, some departments can take longer than this.

A decision will be made on your application in due course, I am afraid that we cannot confirm when this will be.

That's a very difficult position they have put you in. What's your second option?
That's a very difficult position they have put you in. What's your second option?

Yep :frown:

https://www.escpeurope.eu/it/node/2819

It was exactly 8 weeks ago today that my application was sent to the department.

I'm hoping we will hear back mid December. What will you do if it gets to the 12th and you don't hear back?
It was exactly 8 weeks ago today that my application was sent to the department.

I'm hoping we will hear back mid December. What will you do if it gets to the 12th and you don't hear back?

I'll just have to pay to secure a spot :frown:
Reply 19

Dear Alejandro,

Hey, I was accepted in that University 2 years ago and I was in a kind of same situation as I was waiting for the answer about the scholarship. I asked them to postpone that payment date and it worked. They postponed my initial payment for like 1.5 months.
I do not know if I was lucky or not, but if you have not tried yet, I would definitely ask them to postpone the payment if I were in your place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending