The Student Room Group

Im a failure

I have been feeling like in a failure because i have just not done well in life i have failed my theory test twice now, ive was struggling with driving lessons in a manual so am switched to auto earlier, i failed my gcses, when i was at school i wanted to get an aprentiship at a car dealership which i was really thought id get but failed to the teacher told me being realistic im not going to get it, i tried to get on a motorvehcle course with college but didnt have the grades so didnt, im failing in college atm i dont like i dont like the teachers and i have to get the bus home which i just hate and i dont have a girlfriend i just have not been successful, i really dont know what in good at we discuss it in college often then when the teacher asks me i just try to think but cant think of anything. With this aprentiship i was at school i did work experiance at the company where i wanted it and i really enjoyed it but you need maths english and science gcses grade Cs but the teacher said i wouldnt get it they were right i have not got it and im on this college course which i just dont like im just doing it to get out the house im failing in it as well i had a letter saying my attendance is low so ill be withdrawn from the course if it doesnt improve. Also they keep complaining im late but the road the college is on there i traffic i coukd try to leave earlier but whats the point i dont like it, its nothing to do with what im intrested in doing for a job, the teachers are so annoying. I just failed my theory test twice i got 41 out 50 on the multiple choice then 65 out of 75 on the hazard today and got 40 out of 50 last time and 65 out 75 the first time i have been pretty uoset about it i have praticed so much. Im just really worried i wont be able to drive im doing ok on my pratical driving now in an auto but its my theory im worried about. Im worried about my future im worried im going to be stuck working in mcdonalds all my life then not being able to drive just getting the bus home from work its such a boring life style i think this because the people currently working in mcdonalds i doubt they have chose to do it since no one does also some employees who work in there currentlly seem so unhappy, i just imagine they been in a simlar sitution to me so either could choose a low end job or go on the dole. When im out in car with a friends or famliy i just see people working in low end jobs waiting at the bus stop and as i say i just feel that will will be me when i say macdonalds i only mean that as an example. Its just most of my friends and other people are doing better than me got jobs jobs they enjoy and passed driving test some are younger than me doing better. Im jyst here doing this college course and failing theory tests which is supposed to common sense. I do have goals i would like to do but i feel like i will never acheive them. I have been feeling down about failing this test since it happened. Does anyone have any advice

Scroll to see replies

It's not too late to change all of that. People fail their theory a ton of times, your score wasn't even that bad.

However, I also failed everything hun.
Reply 2
Original post by cheerIeader
It's not too late to change all of that. People fail their theory a ton of times, your score wasn't even that bad.

However, I also failed everything hun.

What did you get when you failed ? And ill just feel embarassed about how many times ive taken it also it i just going to delay me passing my pratical. Im 18, time is just going so fast then one day im just going to wake up and ill be like 20 still like this. I just think im going to have a bad future.
Hey, it's okay. You have time to put things right. Society pressures people into having their lives together at such a young age and it seems as though you have the want to improve things in your life which is always an amazing first step and can sometimes be the hardest.

Failing your theory test- its something that happens to SO many people. I'm sure i saw a statistic on the DVLA website that around 50% fail first time. Have you recognised which areas you need to revise for? Do you know where you need to improve? Those scores you said were not bad at all! you were so close to passing! When it comes to resitting, look into how to reschedule without losing your test fee so that worst case scenario if you haven;t done any revision, you don't have to sit it. It's all on the website.

Driving lessons- it takes time. it's not easy it's certainly not cheap. how many lessons have you had? what was your instructors advice?

GCSEs- your teacher was mean to say that. as a teacher you are supposed to encourage your students. could you resit a couple to get the grades you need to reapply to this apprenticeship? prove them all wrong!

college- its tough. apologies, i just read that you are in college, ignore the gcse bit if you feel it doesnt apply. focus on the now, ignore the past grades. its your latest grades that matter more. find out where youre going wrong and fix it. it's wayy easier said than done but it's worth a shot. past papers are your best friend

there's your whole life for having a partner, i don't think success is based of whether you have a girlfriend yet. they will come, i know it;s a cliche but timing is everything.

hope this helped, let me know if you need any more advice! good luck! (remember, prove everyone wrong)
Original post by Anonymous
What did you get when you failed ? And ill just feel embarassed about how many times ive taken it also it i just going to delay me passing my pratical. Im 18, time is just going so fast then one day im just going to wake up and ill be like 20 still like this. I just think im going to have a bad future.

Straight A's and a D grade. :frown:

The point is you can improve anything. I'm on track to resit the D.
In your case, you can go back to college, resit some exams if you need to, go to University, apply to new jobs and revisit your theory test in the near future hunny.
Reply 5
Original post by Skeletonclique21
Hey, it's okay. You have time to put things right. Society pressures people into having their lives together at such a young age and it seems as though you have the want to improve things in your life which is always an amazing first step and can sometimes be the hardest.

Failing your theory test- its something that happens to SO many people. I'm sure i saw a statistic on the DVLA website that around 50% fail first time. Have you recognised which areas you need to revise for? Do you know where you need to improve? Those scores you said were not bad at all! you were so close to passing! When it comes to resitting, look into how to reschedule without losing your test fee so that worst case scenario if you haven;t done any revision, you don't have to sit it. It's all on the website.

Driving lessons- it takes time. it's not easy it's certainly not cheap. how many lessons have you had? what was your instructors advice?

GCSEs- your teacher was mean to say that. as a teacher you are supposed to encourage your students. could you resit a couple to get the grades you need to reapply to this apprenticeship? prove them all wrong!

college- its tough. apologies, i just read that you are in college, ignore the gcse bit if you feel it doesnt apply. focus on the now, ignore the past grades. its your latest grades that matter more. find out where youre going wrong and fix it. it's wayy easier said than done but it's worth a shot. past papers are your best friend

there's your whole life for having a partner, i don't think success is based of whether you have a girlfriend yet. they will come, i know it;s a cliche but timing is everything.

hope this helped, let me know if you need any more advice! good luck! (remember, prove everyone wrong)

I trend looking at the areas i failed on the 1st time it was the road signs so pratised them but now it says on the paper i got 1 queston out of each area wrong this time. I have been using the offical dvla app 2019 and have spending hours pratising mock tests i was getting high marks on them but i get fails as well. Im not sure how many lessons i just have been learning for just over a year, i switched to auto at the start of summer but doing ok with it my instructor want to do a 5 day course of driving when i pass my theory but i just have failed twice. My instructor said hell start the 5 day course when i pass the theory then i can go in for my pratical after the course.
your only 18, so you still have loads of time to pull it together. There are other career pathways and other things to do. you don't always have to follow everything everyone's doing or expect you to do. Try visiting open study college or uni, they have lots to offer and give you a chance to get back on track......hope this helps you!!!!
I trend looking at the areas i failed on the 1st time it was the road signs so pratised them but now it says on the paper i got 1 queston out of each area wrong this time. I have been using the offical dvla app 2019 and have spending hours pratising mock tests i was getting high marks on them but i get fails as well. Im not sure how many lessons i just have been learning for just over a year, i switched to auto at the start of summer but doing ok with it my instructor want to do a 5 day course of driving when i pass my theory but i just have failed twice. My instructor said hell start the 5 day course when i pass the theory then i can go in for my pratical after the course.

Do you think it's because of test anxiety or nervousness on the day? have you discussed this with your instructor? they are better trained than me to give advice on theory tests. it's good that you've been using the official app though!
its good that you have a plan for your practical though, good to think ahead.
hey dont look at all the negative things in life look at the bright side of things!
Reply 9
Do you think it's because of test anxiety or nervousness on the day? have you discussed this with your instructor? they are better trained than me to give advice on theory tests. it's good that you've been using the official app though!
its good that you have a plan for your practical though, good to think ahead.

I was pretty anxious on the ay i just dont know i it was i due to that though. I just am really worried about failing it again its going to be embarassing and it just going to make me more anxious. Im worried i wont be able to drive and if that was what actually going to happen i really dont know i would do i hate walking and public transport. Id feel really down just walking or waiting for public transport to get me home from a dead end job i would feel happy about any job
Original post by zzzsssss
hey dont look at all the negative things in life look at the bright side of things!

But i did that with my aprentiship when i was at school i was conviced ill get it but didnt now im on this stupid course
I was pretty anxious on the ay i just dont know i it was i due to that though. I just am really worried about failing it again its going to be embarassing and it just going to make me more anxious. Im worried i wont be able to drive and if that was what actually going to happen i really dont know i would do i hate walking and public transport. Id feel really down just walking or waiting for public transport to get me home from a dead end job i would feel happy about any job

Maybe don't tell anyone apart from a couple of trusted people so theres no pressure? failing a theory isn't embarrassing, i promise you. if it was easy to pass, it wouldn't exist. just remember, the dvla want you to pass, they want to make you safe on the roads. try not to worry about failing before hand, it'll only make you feel worse.
there u go think of all of us, next time u take the tests, were all confident in u!:h:
Original post by zzzsssss
there u go think of all of us, next time u take the tests, were all confident in u!:h:

Its just no one in person knows how i am i might get worse next time
Maybe don't tell anyone apart from a couple of trusted people so theres no pressure? failing a theory isn't embarrassing, i promise you. if it was easy to pass, it wouldn't exist. just remember, the dvla want you to pass, they want to make you safe on the roads. try not to worry about failing before hand, it'll only make you feel worse.

I dont know if it make any diffrence
I dont know if it make any diffrence

trust me, attitude is everything. the more positive you feel about things, the more positive changes you can make. it sounds ridiculous i know. law of attraction
Its just no one in person knows how i am i might get worse next time

Also my friends and famliy were confident in me passing but i failed i told them and i think they have lost faith in me
no one is forcing you to these courses, ur doing them because u want to suceed in life, youll see, its all worth it at the end and you will look back and remember how hard u worked to get the results! and feel much much better then anybody doing who gets straight A's or pass without trying.
trust me, attitude is everything. the more positive you feel about things, the more positive changes you can make. it sounds ridiculous i know. law of attraction

I have tried tobbe positive about things but it doesnt work i just end uo letting myself down i did think because i was getting high marks on my mocks i was going to pass i also did in the middle of the test because i felt like i was getting then i went to get my result and fsiled
no one is forcing you to these courses, ur doing them because u want to suceed in life, youll see, its all worth it at the end and you will look back and remember how hard u worked to get the results! and feel much much better then anybody doing who gets straight A's or pass without trying.

But people who can do get As with trying are better. I dont feellike ill suceed in life

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending