The Student Room Group

Do you ever feel like nobody want you

I have a fair few friends in my different groups. However, although they always say they are there for me, i feel like they aren't.

It's rare to find someone who actually cares about your feelings or even what you say, whats going on in your life as I feel as caring is a trend now and people only pretend to care, that make sense? I can tell when my friends aren't enjoying my company and just wanting for the next thing to come along... or maybe that's just my mind telling myself that theyve had enough of me. Also, one of my friends, majority of the time doesn't listen to me at all. And when she does listen to me, its something stupid and she brings it up all the time which is annoying but shes not a bad friend she just doesn't really listen to my stories or whats going on in my life, everythings all about her.

Ever feel like your not wanted by anyone? That's you being present isn't worth it. I was to be invisible so bad.

Just wanted to get that off my chest.
I used to feel like this

Somebody loves you
Always
i can relate, it just feels like my friends don’t actually care as much as they make out they do. like i’ll express my feelings some way or another through my phone & they’ll see it & be like, ‘oh, you okay?’. but then in reality i can be in a really bad mood & they’ll be oblivious to it. & when i’m in a bad mood, i don’t exactly do a lot to ‘hide’ my feelings. if i’m annoyed, i’ll look like an annoyed person. if i’m mad, I’ll look mad. so they have no excuse of, ‘oh, you didn’t look angry/ sad/ annoyed’. but say the roles were flipped. i’m always the one trying to ensure everyone is happy. if i notice someone looks sad, I’ll ask them if they’re okay or at least message them later on being like ‘oh, today you looked sad, just wanted to check your okay’ or something like that.

but your totally right, it seems like there’s nobody else like that. nobody else that values kindness & just being nice. i mean, i’d love for someone to be checking up on me if i was in a bad mood, but nah, that doesn’t happen. perhaps that’s partially my fault though, I said i’ll express my feelings, because yes, I will. But I won’t elaborate, i’ll Just be like ‘yeah, i’m mad’ & won’t explain why. but I don’t think my unwillingness to explain should have any impact on whether they actually care about my wellbeing.
Reply 4
Original post by ellaswords
i can relate, it just feels like my friends don’t actually care as much as they make out they do. like i’ll express my feelings some way or another through my phone & they’ll see it & be like, ‘oh, you okay?’. but then in reality i can be in a really bad mood & they’ll be oblivious to it. & when i’m in a bad mood, i don’t exactly do a lot to ‘hide’ my feelings. if i’m annoyed, i’ll look like an annoyed person. if i’m mad, I’ll look mad. so they have no excuse of, ‘oh, you didn’t look angry/ sad/ annoyed’. but say the roles were flipped. i’m always the one trying to ensure everyone is happy. if i notice someone looks sad, I’ll ask them if they’re okay or at least message them later on being like ‘oh, today you looked sad, just wanted to check your okay’ or something like that.

but your totally right, it seems like there’s nobody else like that. nobody else that values kindness & just being nice. i mean, i’d love for someone to be checking up on me if i was in a bad mood, but nah, that doesn’t happen. perhaps that’s partially my fault though, I said i’ll express my feelings, because yes, I will. But I won’t elaborate, i’ll Just be like ‘yeah, i’m mad’ & won’t explain why. but I don’t think my unwillingness to explain should have any impact on whether they actually care about my wellbeing.

110%, I fully agree with this! Off topic but what starsign are you - or whats your moon sign?
Original post by Anonymous
110%, I fully agree with this! Off topic but what starsign are you - or whats your moon sign?

i’m supposedly a leo, personally i disagree a lot but oh well 🤷🏻*♀️
Reply 6
Original post by ellaswords
i’m supposedly a leo, personally i disagree a lot but oh well 🤷🏻*♀️

Oh right ahahah, I'm a cancer, bordering leo! Just thought there was some kind of connection as cancer's are known to be sensitive and emtional ahahha! Leo's are said to be fierce and strong so i guess this maybe you venting?! Regardless, nice to find someone on the same page as me!
Oh right ahahah, I'm a cancer, bordering leo! Just thought there was some kind of connection as cancer's are known to be sensitive and emtional ahahha! Leo's are said to be fierce and strong so i guess this maybe you venting?! Regardless, nice to find someone on the same page as me!

I’m a couple of days off being a cancer - that’s actually crazy! 😊
The truth is, very few people genuinely care and the only person who will look out for you is you.

Welcome to adulthood.
Yaaay cancers unite! I also feel like no one cares

Quick Reply

Latest