The Student Room Group

[Official] Christ's College Applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by meminisse19
Mine’s for MML. Good luck, how are you feeling?

Good luck to you, too! Where are you from?
Original post by andrei2001
Good luck to you, too! Where are you from?

Thank you, I’m from England but I’ve been living in France for the last 4 months for my gap year. You?
Original post by Elena02
I have.

What subject have you applied for?
Reply 23
What subject have you applied for?

Law
Thank you, I’m from England but I’ve been living in France for the last 4 months for my gap year. You?

Nice! I'm from Bucharest, Romania.
Hi! I’m phys natsci, interviews on the 12th. I’m SO nervous. Cambridge is my dream. Christ’s is so charming and the perfect size; it’s beautiful and centrally located. Couldn’t want any more tbh.
Original post by ameliabw1
Hi! I’m phys natsci, interviews on the 12th. I’m SO nervous. Cambridge is my dream. Christ’s is so charming and the perfect size; it’s beautiful and centrally located. Couldn’t want any more tbh.

I agree with you!!
o

Mine’s for MML. Good luck, how are you feeling?

ooh what languages?
Original post by Louisderh
o

ooh what languages?

French and Spanish, you?
French and Spanish, you?

Russian and German post A level XD good luck!
Original post by Louisderh
Russian and German post A level XD good luck!

You too, what days your interview?
Anyone applying for Nat Sci bio here xD?
You too, what days your interview?

Next wednesday, the 11th...
Appears all of the interview offers have come out. Well done to those people who got one, what subject & date are yours on? There seem to be almost no Christ’s applicants on TSR so I’m hoping this thread gets more posters haha

History & Politics, 11th December! (Wednesday)
I applied for Engineering and got an interview on 11th December
good luck for tomorrow!
I applied for English and had my interview on Monday (the 9th)- good luck to everyone with interviews still to come!
Reply 37
Original post by BerryPepo
Anyone applying for Nat Sci bio here xD?

Hi, I'm also applying for bio natsci at Christ's. How did your interview go? Who were you interviewed by?
Original post by Gowda24
Hi, I'm also applying for bio natsci at Christ's. How did your interview go? Who were you interviewed by?

Interviewers in the first one were Dr. Monie and Dr. Housden, for the second one were Dr. Norman and Mr. Fannon. Well I have to say it’s pretty hard to judge by their reactions haha... but they were all nice and patient and very considerate to repeat their questions when I didn’t get them due to my poor listening. Mr. Housden repeated his question for about 5 or 6 times before I got him....which I feel quite sorry haha.
How about you xD?
Wish our applications turn out to be successful in January!
Reply 39
Original post by BerryPepo
Interviewers in the first one were Dr. Monie and Dr. Housden, for the second one were Dr. Norman and Mr. Fannon. Well I have to say it’s pretty hard to judge by their reactions haha... but they were all nice and patient and very considerate to repeat their questions when I didn’t get them due to my poor listening. Mr. Housden repeated his question for about 5 or 6 times before I got him....which I feel quite sorry haha.
How about you xD?
Wish our applications turn out to be successful in January!

Nice! I had the exact same interviews just in the other order.

All seemed really nice tbh, though it's near impossible to actually gauge how it went! I feel like I could have feasibly done really really well or completely failed.

Dr Norman's questions (I'm assuming they asked everyone the same thing) were actually really interesting. I think I did okay on the Mr Fannon question but missed something easy towards the end. The one section I genuinely I think I did well on is stuff Dr Monie asked, but then immediately I struggled a little with Mr Housden's question: I have no idea why, he almost seemed a little angry at me!? Maybe they've got a kind of good cop bad cop thing going on :biggrin:

Aside from this, I think most importantly I seemed to get on well with the other interviewers, which I guess should be a good sign. Generally, Christ's admits like 24-30 natscis and I think they're quite strong in the sciences so we should be in with a good shot.

Best of luck for the 15th of January!! Hopefully I'll see you one day at Christ's!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending