The Student Room Group

Civil Service: Summer Diversity Internship Programme 2019/2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by henry1999
I had my interview last week, I was slightly surprised by the questions they asked. They were slightly more niche than I expected but it went quite well, all things considered.

What do you mean by niche? Did they ask you about specifics within the Civil Service?
Original post by geoknowking
What do you mean by niche? Did they ask you about specifics within the Civil Service?

I don't think it's fair on myself or anybody else to give any more detail than that, since it gives anybody who hasn't had their interview who looks at this forum an advantage over those who have done their interview before there were any details on this forum, or those who haven't looked at this forum at all :smile:
Has anybody not completed their interview yet, and does anybody know when we should expect to hear back on the result of our applications?
Original post by nxd2000
I got an email about an phone interview the day after submitting the questions. My interview’s in December

Hi mine in December too. How are you preparing for the interview if you dont mind me asking? Are you looking at both, behavior and strength questions?
(edited 4 years ago)
Has anybody not completed their interview yet, and does anybody know when we should expect to hear back on the result of our applications?

On the SDIP page it says that interviews are from November to January so I don't think we're going to find out until after that
Original post by 22001581
So nervous for the interview today. I've got examples for the 3 areas they told us about so I'm just hoping I do okay. I'll let you all know after my interview what sort of things they ask.

How was your interview? Hope you done well. Any tips?
Original post by rleah1998
I got rejected from the main schemes but told to fill out the additional questions for the SDIP, which I found a bit strange but I'm not complaining:smile:

Did you put SDIP as one of your choice? Because I did. but i didn't go through to main schemes and told to fill out SDIP questions. I am just wondering did they ask you to fill out SDIP additional questions even if you didn't put as your choice?
Original post by tenizbay
Did you put SDIP as one of your choice? Because I did. but i didn't go through to main schemes and told to fill out SDIP questions. I am just wondering did they ask you to fill out SDIP additional questions even if you didn't put as your choice?

I had it as one of my choices, yes
Reply 48
Hi,

Has anyone who submitted their extra answers this or last week heard back? I submitted mine on Thursday last week but still waiting for my results.
Original post by sm19420
Hi,

Has anyone who submitted their extra answers this or last week heard back? I submitted mine on Thursday last week but still waiting for my results.

I submitted my answers on the 13th and got a telephone interview date 5 mins later!
Reply 50
Had my interview this afternoon - did not go well lol. The questions were really hard!! I feel like I didn't really get to sell myself.

For anyone wondering, I asked when we would find out the outcome and the lady told me February (!!!) which is very annoying as I'll have to apply to lots of other things. Oh well. Good luck to anyone still waiting to do the interview!
Original post by rleah1998
I got rejected from the main schemes but told to fill out the additional questions for the SDIP, which I found a bit strange but I'm not complaining:smile:

this happened to me too! I submitted the questions but haven't heard back from them yet. it's been about three weeks now. have you heard back from them yet?
Reply 52
To anyone who’s had their interview, did they call at exactly your time? I was meant to have mine today but haven’t received a call.
Original post by nxd2000
To anyone who’s had their interview, did they call at exactly your time? I was meant to have mine today but haven’t received a call.

Yes they did, they called me on the dot.

You should call the Civil Service Helpline and ask what went wrong :smile:
Reply 54
Yes they did, they called me on the dot.

You should call the Civil Service Helpline and ask what went wrong :smile:

Thanks, I emailed and apparently their system was down so I have to reschedule.
Reply 55
Just had mine today! Nothing to stress about, it's just a chat with another person really. We actually had a lot in common!
Reply 56
Just had mine today! Nothing to stress about, it's just a chat with another person really. We actually had a lot in common!
Reply 57
Does anyone know if it matters if you ask the interviewer any questions or not? I assumed yes like most interviews but in the guidelines for applicants it says

section 2: Strength-based questions these questions will form the basis of your assessment and will be against a number of the Civil Service strength areas (see next section). Your performance in this part of the interview - along with the application form - will determine whether you are successful in applying for the internship.
Section 3: Closing the interview the interviewer will conclude the interview and ask if you have any questions.

So it seems like it doesn't have any bearing on your application what you ask/if you ask anything?
Reply 58
Does anyone who's had an interview have any advice? I have mine in January and I thought the brief was quite vague so I have no idea what to expect...
Reply 59
Original post by Anjil
Does anyone know if it matters if you ask the interviewer any questions or not? I assumed yes like most interviews but in the guidelines for applicants it says

section 2: Strength-based questions these questions will form the basis of your assessment and will be against a number of the Civil Service strength areas (see next section). Your performance in this part of the interview - along with the application form - will determine whether you are successful in applying for the internship.
Section 3: Closing the interview the interviewer will conclude the interview and ask if you have any questions.

So it seems like it doesn't have any bearing on your application what you ask/if you ask anything?

Well even if you don't gain anything by asking questions, you're hardly going to lose anything either, so you might as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending