The Student Room Group

Nintendo switch games

Hi, just bought my boyfriend a Nintendo switch for his Christmas, already got him mario kart and Luigis mansion for it. Any ideas what other games I could get? He has a PS4 and loves fifa and COD if that’s any use
Original post by Caitdav246
Hi, just bought my boyfriend a Nintendo switch for his Christmas, already got him mario kart and Luigis mansion for it. Any ideas what other games I could get? He has a PS4 and loves fifa and COD if that’s any use

Get him a gaming pc stop being a console peasant
Super smash bros ultimate? The only good shooter on Switch is called Modern Combat Blackout but it’s basically a half-baked Cod but still really fun. Fifa is out on Switch but if he had it on PS4 no point getting him a switch copy.
Pokemon
Reply 4
Original post by Kryptonitekid43
Super smash bros ultimate? The only good shooter on Switch is called Modern Combat Blackout but it’s basically a half-baked Cod but still really fun. Fifa is out on Switch but if he had it on PS4 no point getting him a switch copy.

Thank you so much!!
Zelda Breath of the Wild is a brilliant game! Probably the best I've ever played. Splatoon 2 is good fun as well.
Reply 6
Original post by JakeTSR
Pokemon

Yeah I have shield in my basket just now, think I’ll buy it, I know he’ll be happy with anything but I want him to actually enjoy them! Especially with how expensive they are!

Pokemon pikatchu/evee
Splatoon 2
Mario Odyssey
Definitely Zelda and Smash :smile:
Zelda BoTW is awesome, almost worth buying the witch for alone IMO
Mario Odyssey I'm midway through just now....it's alright, but a bit empty (esp compared to it's spiritual prequel, SM Sunshine.
Doom works really well on it as an FPS
I'm not a huge Fifa fan, but i've been warned to stay well clear of the Switch ports, v poor value and using an older game engine than the Ps4/Xbox versions.
Reply 9
Original post by kanako231

I’m not made of money
My suggestion would've been gift card or, even better, just ask him.
Reply 11
You have Smash Bros, a really fun and awesome fighting game with tons of characters (70+!) from all sorts of games (I main Shulk lol)

Then there is Zelda Breath of The Wild, not much needs to be said - it's Zelda. It's a phenomenal adventure game with amazing music, characters, world and story.

There's Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which is a Japanese RPG game with good music, characters, etc.

There's Splatoon 2, which is a super fun cartoonish FPS that sports a leveling and unlock system and multiple modes.

Not to mention Pokemon Sword or Shield, Links Awakening. There are a lot to choose from, I hope this helps :smile:
Reply 12
I feel like there’s no sentiment in a gift card. Got him something he really liked though, thanks :smile:
Original post by ozzyoscy
My suggestion would've been gift card or, even better, just ask him.
I feel like there’s no sentiment in a gift card. Got him something he really liked though, thanks :smile:

Did you ever feel that way when someone got you something naff? At least there was sentiment. :lol:
Original post by kanako231

There are many people, unlike you, who care about playing some of the games that aren't available to play on PC.

Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario Maker 2- these are highly rated games.

On PS4- Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian.

Furthermore, the control system - the Switch pro controller is really comfortable. The standard joy con controller grip set up might not look attractive but it's ideal for Odyssey.

Also, 'console peasant' is a stupid term. Many people with lots of money are not interested in owning a gaming PC. Just like many people with lots of money aren't interested in owning an expensive sports car.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest