The Student Room Group

Freinds are being d**ks what should I do?

So my ‘friends’ have planned a Christmas party and made me have it at my house. This was fine but recently they have all been *******s and ditched me for no apparent reason and I’m considering cancelling the party. I would do this straight away but the whole year is planning on coming and so would impact all of them aswell but they are all horrible to me aswell. I’m looking for some advice on what to do as if I cancel the party and tell them they have been *******s they will probably leave me out of everything in the future aswell but I also don’t want to be used cause I have a big house. Any advice is appreciated
Tbh if they leave you after you tell them to cancel it'll be a blessing in disguise. Do you seriously want to be friends with these people? Friends should never behave this way.

I would just cancel, it's your house and it's just a Christmas party - not really a big enough deal to get their panties in a twist over. They have their own homes too.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
Tbh if they leave you after you tell them to cancel it'll be a blessing in disguise. Do you seriously want to be friends with these people? Friends should never behave this way.

I would just cancel, it's your house and it's just a Christmas party - not really a big enough deal to get their panties in a twist over. They have their own homes too.

Thanks for this you make a really valid point. I’m just worried cause I’m an outcast enough already and I’d like to have some sort of social life and these guys were kind of my final grasp at one
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for this you make a really valid point. I’m just worried cause I’m an outcast enough already and I’d like to have some sort of social life and these guys were kind of my final grasp at one

You can always build up another social life and find new and better friends. I know it must be frustrating now that you had a taste of a decent social life but I think removing yourself from a toxic environment is more important than having a social life at the moment and remaining friends with them.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
You can always build up another social life and find new and better friends. I know it must be frustrating now that you had a taste of a decent social life but I think removing yourself from a toxic environment is more important than having a social life at the moment and remaining friends with them.

This really helps a lot thanks. It gives me a bit of confidence
Reply 5
So my ‘friends’ have planned a Christmas party and made me have it at my house. This was fine but recently they have all been *******s and ditched me for no apparent reason and I’m considering cancelling the party. I would do this straight away but the whole year is planning on coming and so would impact all of them aswell but they are all horrible to me aswell. I’m looking for some advice on what to do as if I cancel the party and tell them they have been *******s they will probably leave me out of everything in the future aswell but I also don’t want to be used cause I have a big house. Any advice is appreciated

So the answer is quite simple: respect yourself! A bunch of mean people dont get to disrespect you and at the same time park themselves in your house! Thats not how it works. And why do you care if a bunch of toxic people don't talk to you ever again? You are better off!
You will then have space to pick your new friends carefully!
Self respect is life's number 1 and first rule!
Reply 6

But do you see your disrespect towards yourself?: "grasping" for friendship and respect from toxic people! Cancel that party!
Also if these people clearly don’t respect you that much, they won’t respect your house. From going to a similar set up party, it won’t end well for you tbh, I would cancel the party- if they really want one someone else can host.
This really helps a lot thanks. It gives me a bit of confidence

Why would you allow these 'friends' the opportunity to wreck your home? Really cancel it - blame your parents or neighbours if you don't want to lose face.
Reply 9
Original post by Muttley79
Why would you allow these 'friends' the opportunity to wreck your home? Really cancel it - blame your parents or neighbours if you don't want to lose face.

But the friends are toxic and she should tell them that as well, not blame her parents!
Original post by mgi
But the friends are toxic and she should tell them that as well, not blame her parents!

I agree - but was just giving another way out,
stop the party and ditch those fake friends. You don’t necessarily have to confront them if you don’t want to, you can just hang out somewhere else. I also get how difficult it is to try and make new friends so don’t stress yourself out too much, honestly you’ll probably feel really relieved once the drama and stress is gone from hanging out them.
Cancel it. They're not your friends. Better yet change the date and message everyone in your year apart from them. :smile: That's what I'd do.
What does this have to do with your friends being ducks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending