The Student Room Group

Do you know many homophobic people?

Theres still quite a few exist these days I dont know how they justify it to themseves as at the end of the day sex lives are no one elses business. Reason I ask..it got me thinking as my ex boyfriend is very homophobic and has just bought a new build house on his own, I have to laugh as his neighbours moving in on both sides happen to be same sex couples, one couple male and a female couple on the other side :biggrin:
Maybe i shouldnt find it funny but I do!

Scroll to see replies

PLENTY. Too many actually. I know some people who hate them and feel nauseas at the sight of them.
Yep. I could be one of them....
I tend to keep it to myself tho.
None actually, I wouldn't associate myself with anyone that is homophobic.
Reply 4
a couple. i wouldn't say many (although i see tons online). but i could be wrong, they might be closet-homophobes, of course.
Reply 5
ive met a lot of homophobic people :frown: live with them sadly...
Most people hide it
Can’t say I do really
Your love life is your own business
I can’t stand pda whoever it is
Original post by Ciel.
@teinal we got at least one here too:smile:

Screenshot 2019-12-07 at 00.37.10.png

That’s disgusting
Reply 9
Original post by Sammylou40
That’s disgusting

tbh it's pretty common on social media. like in lgbt communities, or if you have a bigger ig or fb presence you get tons of trolls like him.
i personally dont thing homosexuality is right and i think fairly i should be entitled what i want to believe it. at the same time i wouldnt treat anyone any differently if they were gay and would show the same respect
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
i personally dont thing homosexuality is right and i think fairly i should be entitled what i want to believe it. at the same time i wouldnt treat anyone any differently if they were gay and would show the same respect

why not? what difference does it make? let me guess, it's due to religious reasons...
haha that is funny. poor guy😂😂😂😂
Original post by Ciel.
why not? what difference does it make? let me guess, it's due to religious reasons...

Not everyone who is religious is homophobic. I’m certainly not.
I treat everyone as fairly and as equally as I can
It is not my place to judge.
Reply 14
Not everyone who is religious is homophobic. I’m certainly not.
I treat everyone as fairly and as equally as I can
It is not my place to judge.

no, but nearly all religions teach you that being gay = hell etc. they just don't explain why, which i find bizarre, lol.
Original post by Ciel.
no, but nearly all religions teach you that being gay = hell etc. they just don't explain why, which i find bizarre, lol.

As far as I’m concerned that is a judgement of man and not God.
if I believe we are created by God then he created you too. As he intended
Reply 16
As far as I’m concerned that is a judgement of man and not God.
if I believe we are created by God then he created you too. As he intended

that's what the bible says, tho.
Original post by Leviathan1611
so? tsr aren't gonna be lenient, you dared challenged the homosexuals, you're probably done for now.
they might even end up closing this thread now thanks to you😁😁

"dared"? you can openly criticise gays and not get banned as long as you are civil about it.
Original post by Ciel.
"dared"? you can openly criticise gays and not get a banned as long as you are civil about it.

what a miracle that will be!😃
Reply 18
Original post by Leviathan1611
what a miracle that will be!😃

oh, you have an issue with us too, huh? i can tell, lol.
Reply 19
Majority of those from ethnic background tend to be more conservative and religious, and also a lot more homophobic.

Original post by Anonymous

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, however the problem is when they use it to justify the act to cause cause harm to others. Some example includes one of the users here sending aggressive messages and death threats to another users. It takes a special low life to do that.

Latest

Trending

Trending