The Student Room Group

I’m 16 with no facial or armpit hair

I have very little leg hair, a little facial hair above my top lip and zero armpit hair but I do have a fair bit of pubic hair. I’m starting to become really insecure about it. Should I see a doctor or something? My dad is 6’2 and I’m 5’9 which is pretty small so I’m just wondering wether I’m not developing properly.

Scroll to see replies

Must be nice, I want the opposite. Have you hit puberty yet?
Welcome to the club. No beard until 30 check. Slight mustache only Decent leg and armpit. Its geneyoc so seeing a doctor wont do ****.

I heard minoxildil works but its not garunteed besides its expensive
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Must be nice, I want the opposite. Have you hit puberty yet?

Yes. My voice is relatively deep and I have pubic hair. I’m quite small though
If you’re worried it can’t hurt to have a chat with your gp
Original post by Lightskinbrudda
Welcome to the club. No beard until 30 check. Slight mustache only Decent leg and armpit. Its geneyoc so seeing a doctor wont do ****.

I heard minoxildil works but its not garunteed besides its expensive

What does “Geneyoc” mean lol. You’re probably just gonna be ‘late bloomer’
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Matthew Griffy
What does “Geneyoc” mean?

Genetic
I think you are the envey of most of us women.
Dont worry.
I have very little leg hair, a little facial hair above my top lip and zero armpit hair but I do have a fair bit of pubic hair. I’m starting to become really insecure about it. Should I see a doctor or something? My dad is 6’2 and I’m 5’9 which is pretty small so I’m just wondering wether I’m not developing properly.

5'9" is really not small, it's pretty average also it's unlikely you've stopped growing so there's a good chance you'll grow another couple of inches. As to the rest of the stuff, I'm not sure why that's a complaint, the amount of people I know with small rainforests under their arms, none of them like it. I think you're doing pretty alright overall. It sounds like you're otherwise pretty average, just less hairy than most due to genetics which, especially with women, is generally a positive.
Reply 9
Original post by Possibly this
5'9" is really not small, it's pretty average also it's unlikely you've stopped growing so there's a good chance you'll grow another couple of inches. As to the rest of the stuff, I'm not sure why that's a complaint, the amount of people I know with small rainforests under their arms, none of them like it. I think you're doing pretty alright overall. It sounds like you're otherwise pretty average, just less hairy than most due to genetics which, especially with women, is generally a positive.

So it’s still possible for me to still grow and reach my father’s height?

Nothing wrong with that. Consider yourself lucky. Im a guy and I hate my body hair so I've shaved everything because that's what I prefer.
Original post by Matthew Griffy
What does “Geneyoc” mean lol. You’re probably just gonna be ‘late bloomer’

genetic. it was a type

ye i am, idk tbh.
You're not done growing if your dad is 6'2 and your 5'9 with no armpit or facial hair. This is just a sign that you're a late bloomer and going to be liker 6'4 in the future, u might aswell be considered lucky
What's a doctor going to do? It's only hair, you don't need it. You should be glad you don't have much.
i was actually in the same position as you at your age. i was about 5'9 and my dad is 6'3. i neither had any armpit hair or facial hair really. i'm now 18 and 6ft but i still have a baby face 😂ur probably just a late bloomer try not to worry about it
So it’s still possible for me to still grow and reach my father’s height?

It's unlikely, I'd probably guess you'd be more 5'11 or maybe 6' but it's possible. I wouldn't get to hellbent on reaching a certain height tho. When you get over 6', you have new problems... like door frames.

I think you just need a bit more confidence in yourself. If you want, research what helps growth. Honestly there's really nothing wrong with being 5'9", it's not really seen as short, it's pretty average. 5'11/6' is again fine and still fairly normal. I'm your age, male and 5'3" so I know about short.

Wait till you are 21
You're a late bloomer. Most people get armpit hair no matter what their genetics for hair (some get more than others). The amount of facial hair you get is determined by how much your father, his father or his father could grow.
Original post by FTheOpps
You're a late bloomer. Most people get armpit hair no matter what their genetics for hair (some get more than others). The amount of facial hair you get is determined by how much your father, his father or his father could grow.

By ‘Late Bloomer’ does that also apply to height?
I’ve heard that some people go through grow spurts when the they’re 17, 18 or even 19.
By ‘Late Bloomer’ does that also apply to height?
I’ve heard that some people go through grow spurts when the they’re 17, 18 or even 19.

The growth spurt occurs often around the time that the voice breaks so if your voice is a similar pitch to your Dad's then you likely only have 1-3 inches left to grow following that as your spurt already happened. Don't worry about height though, the most important thing to have is confidence, which is developed personally and not genetically :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest