The Student Room Group

A levels

Hi, I am doing maths further maths economics and physics. So how my school are doing is that I do my entire maths a level in one year and the further maths in the second year which is is obviously difficult. And I need to get the A* so do you lot think it Woudl be worth getting a tutor. It’s not like I am struggling too much it’s just I need to secure the A*
Original post by LVSDH
Hi, I am doing maths further maths economics and physics. So how my school are doing is that I do my entire maths a level in one year and the further maths in the second year which is is obviously difficult. And I need to get the A* so do you lot think it Woudl be worth getting a tutor. It’s not like I am struggling too much it’s just I need to secure the A*

If you can afford it then more teaching support by a competent tutor will always be helpful.
have you checked if there are cheaper online ways or extra books you can buy for practice?
If you cant afford it then just work harder and smarter.
You can also try out the tutor, then quit if its not helping.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
If you can afford it then more teaching support by a competent tutor will always be helpful.
have you checked if there are cheaper online ways or extra books you can buy for practice?
If you cant afford it then just work harder and smarter.
You can also try out the tutor, then quit if its not helping.

I’ve got all books possible. It’s just again because of doing the a level in a year is so difficult the pace we go gets to me and it’s just a bit overwhelming
Original post by LVSDH
I’ve got all books possible. It’s just again because of doing the a level in a year is so difficult the pace we go gets to me and it’s just a bit overwhelming

You can either afford one or you cant. I would use uplearn. I would be well organised.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
You can either afford one or you cant. I would use uplearn. I would be well organised.

But up learn is ridiculously expensive
Original post by LVSDH

Apologies for giving you a ridiculous suggestion. I did say if you can afford it and I assumed you had money as you are talking about a tutor. You must have special rates where you live. Enjoy your maths. I dont think I can help you.
Original post by LVSDH

Hey @LVSDH - sorry to hear that we appear expensive. Given that you're considering a tutor, why do you think Up Learn is expensive? Many of our students think we're actually good value at £249 for a course.

If you think about it, a tutor could cost you well over £1-2k. A private school costs between £10k and £30k+ a year. Even textbooks can cost £30/book.

Think of it as putting money into a savings account - £249 now to get the A* could see you earning £1-10k+ more in your first year out of uni, so you'll get it back and then some :smile:

Disclaimer: I work for Up Learn. However, these views are my own and not those of Up Learn
Reply 7
Original post by UpLearnChris
Hey @LVSDH - sorry to hear that we appear expensive. Given that you're considering a tutor, why do you think Up Learn is expensive? Many of our students think we're actually good value at £249 for a course.

If you think about it, a tutor could cost you well over £1-2k. A private school costs between £10k and £30k+ a year. Even textbooks can cost £30/book.

Think of it as putting money into a savings account - £249 now to get the A* could see you earning £1-10k+ more in your first year out of uni, so you'll get it back and then some :smile:

Disclaimer: I work for Up Learn. However, these views are my own and not those of Up Learn

That is true. I’ve got nothing to say to that hehe
Original post by LVSDH
That is true. I’ve got nothing to say to that hehe

😂😂😂

I think it's mega interesting that you consider(ed) us expensive though. It would really help me if you could work out why actually :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest