The Student Room Group

addiction

any good addiction documentaries/books on addiction?? just an opinion on addiction in general?? for my epq but would like an overall insight into the topic and would be greatly appreciated
Reply 1
Trainspotting and Requiem For A Dream are good books about drug addiction. The movie Limitless with Bradley Cooper is about drug addiction. Reading fiction can sometimes help give better insights about the issue because the experience is more personal and understandable. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall depicts addiction within marriage as well. Maybe you can read up on some of the famous psychological studies about addiction as well, may help. Are you doing an essay or the artefact?
Reply 2
Original post by UlfaRed
Trainspotting and Requiem For A Dream are good books about drug addiction. The movie Limitless with Bradley Cooper is about drug addiction. Reading fiction can sometimes help give better insights about the issue because the experience is more personal and understandable. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall depicts addiction within marriage as well. Maybe you can read up on some of the famous psychological studies about addiction as well, may help. Are you doing an essay or the artefact?

thanks for the recommendations, will definitely have a look. I'm doing the essay and my question is 'is addiction caused by biological or environmental factors?' so I plan on using examples of real life addicts to support my argument as well. Thanks again, any other ideas???

Quick Reply

Latest