The Student Room Group

Ex bf got married?

My ex and I dated in 2014, breaking up in early 2016.
We were friends when I joined the university but he didnt like me that time. I was of course finding him attractive as he's very suave and very attractive.

In late 2014 he moved to Catalonia and I'm Catalan so we started meeting up frequently whenever I went there which led to sex and began dating. It was mostly long distance but we met up frequently.

Our relationship was good but we were very different people in terms of personality. And it wasnt that serious even though we did put up pictures of each other on SM and met each others family.

However, he decided to return to UK in late 2015 and while were living together when he moved back, we broke up in early 2016.

Now, on 6th dec 2019, he got married to a girl I'm now finding out was his crush before he began dating me.

Apparently he wanted her throughtout mid 2013-mid 2014 but they just couldn't get together that time.

I knew he was seeing her and she was a student at the same university as well as I had seen her around.

They had a starkly different relationship than us.

My ex boyfriend likes his independence and I do that too but he with her, he would stay with her nearly all the time.
They would eat lunch together, study together, and even go home together.
They would by themselves only when she had classes/he at work. Otherwise whenever he would come, he was always with her.
I had also seen him blatantly staring at her stupidly which looked ridiculous.

However a friend showed me the wedding video and though he's Jewish, he made a speech saying how he met her and it "love" at first sight in 2014. Then claimed fate/life separated them in 2015 but they eventually found their way back to each other.

He also claimed he knew it was a deep connection/love because when he met her again for the 2nd time after the separation, he still harboured those feelings he had for her, was guilty and wanted her back. JUST 1 MONTH AFTER OUR BREAK UP IN EARLY 2016.

He also said that she taught him what love is, to accept himself for who he is and is supportive/caring to the core.

I dont care for my ex but I was devastated hearing this. So what was I then? He dated me in between after her and I'm completely erased?
How did he marry this girl so quickly?

Scroll to see replies

Almost four years isn't quickly at all.

Don't get bogged down by his speech. It was his declaration of love to his new spouse - and that's what everyone was there to celebrate that day.
Reply 2
Original post by sinfonietta
Almost four years isn't quickly at all.

Don't get bogged down by his speech. It was his declaration of love to his new spouse - and that's what everyone was there to celebrate that day.

But he dated me in between. Sure he had a ongoing crush with his failed attempts for a year but he then moved on to me so how are you calculating 4 years? They were a failure
You said early 2016. It'll be 2020 in a few weeks. So it's been almost four years since the two of you ended things.
Reply 4
You said early 2016. It'll be 2020 in a few weeks. So it's been almost four years since the two of you ended things.

Yes but why did he erase me like that? He reignited his whatever with her and I'm like completely forgotten
Because you're his ex and have been for a few years. You're out of his life now.

I don't expect any of my exes (certainly not the married ones!) to think of or talk about me anymore.
Reply 6
Because you're his ex and have been for a few years. You're out of his life now.

I don't expect any of my exes (certainly not the married ones!) to think of or talk about me anymore.

He dated me after her. Then they got reunited. What the heck!?
I know it isn't easy but don't get hung up on it!!! You can and will move on
You need to move on and live your own life.
Reply 9
Did you actually expect to get a mention in his wedding speech?
She was clearly the one for him.

I dated a guy when I was 19/20 who eventually went on to marry a girl he had originally met & dated back in secondary school. They have now been married a few years and have a daughter who must be due to start primary school in the next year or two. I wasn't upset about it.

It doesn't sound like you're actually over this guy. He's moved on and so should you.
She was clearly the one for him.

I dated a guy when I was 19/20 who eventually went on to marry a girl he had originally met & dated back in secondary school. They have now been married a few years and have a daughter who must be due to start primary school in the next year or two. I wasn't upset about it.

It doesn't sound like you're actually over this guy. He's moved on and so should you.

But how can you say she was the one for him?
Original post by sarahpr
Did you actually expect to get a mention in his wedding speech?

I'm glossed? Like he met me first. Okay he wasnt into me but he met HER AFTER HE MET ME.

Then couldn't get together with her and moved onto ME.

So clearly it makes more sense that I was the "one" not her ?
Because he is the one he chose to marry.
Because he is the one he chose to marry.

Okay but dont you think we had more potential? Like he met ME first. Then he met HER.
When it failed for both of them then he moved on to ME. So dont you think I was the one?
No. You are not the one; she is.

You need to get over this jealousy and move on with your life.
No. You are not the one; she is.

You need to get over this jealousy and move on with your life.

But he met me first then he moved on to me after failed attempt.
So how am I not the one?

You do realize people dont always marry the "one". It makes more sense logically doesnt it.
I think u should just take time to move on tbh
Original post by ساره
I think u should just take time to move on tbh

Okay but dont you think we had more potential? Like he met ME first. Then he met HER.
When it failed for both of them then he moved on to ME. So dont you think I was the one?
And now you're the failed attempt and she's the one with his ring on her finger. If you were the one he was meant to be with then you would be his bride; not her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending