The Student Room Group

Incomplete degree

I want to know if a company can call me for the interview or i can get the job based on credit hours completed if my degree is in complete or not completed within the time limit especially in an engineering degree?
Original post by charachter
I want to know if a company can call me for the interview or i can get the job based on credit hours completed if my degree is in complete or not completed within the time limit especially in an engineering degree?

You can attend an interview, but in the UK your engineering won't count for anything much unless you complete the degree. There's no 'credit for hours'.

A company can invite you for interview regardless of your qualifications. But if a position requires a degree, it will be implied that it is a completed degree.

How much of your degree have you completed? Might you already have the equivalent of something like an HND? Could you complete your degree with the Open University?
Reply 3
Original post by Smack
A company can invite you for interview regardless of your qualifications. But if a position requires a degree, it will be implied that it is a completed degree.

How much of your degree have you completed? Might you already have the equivalent of something like an HND? Could you complete your degree with the Open University?

I was unable to complete my engineering degree due to a medical condition schizophrenia which was so severe that doctor advised me to remain at home regardless of which i was able to clear most of the courses with only two courses remaining and 7 years time limit completed. I recieve an advise that if your skills are sharp and maximum credit hours are completed you can write it on resume as an incomplete degree and get a job in that field.
Reply 4
Original post by Smack

They wont give me the diploma. Does open university graduates recieve jobs offer?
I was unable to complete my engineering degree due to a medical condition schizophrenia which was so severe that doctor advised me to remain at home regardless of which i was able to clear most of the courses with only two courses remaining and 7 years time limit completed. I recieve an advise that if your skills are sharp and maximum credit hours are completed you can write it on resume as an incomplete degree and get a job in that field.

OK, thank you for clarifying.

You can state on your CV that is degree is incomplete, but in reality, when employers are specifying a degree as a requirement, it will mean a complete degree.

They wont give me the diploma. Does open university graduates recieve jobs offer?

Yes, if they are competitive candidates, like any other university. If you can continue your degree there it may be your best option to get an engineering degree.

Quick Reply

Latest