The Student Room Group

Advice please, cheating

My boyfriend of 6 months kissed another girl on a night out and didn’t tell me. I read his messages and his pal told him about this to which he replied that he doesn’t remember a thing. When I confronted him he started by lying then owned up. I decided to give him another chance as if I’m honestly at the start of the relationship I done the same but he doesn’t know this. We got back together. Then a while later I found out he lied about going out and said he was in bed, he was messaging him friend saying he’s tempted to kiss another girl. I instantly broke up with him. We had a chat in my car where he broke down and apologised and said he’s been going through a **** time and turning to the drink and he’ll stop drinking as much, I’m the love of him life, etc. I’m really torn I’ve tried to speak to my friends about the chance of going back but they don’t like him and say they wouldn’t ever be able to trust him. Has anyone been in a similar situation and it has turned out ok? Or would going back to him be the worst idea?
He's lying to you again, he'll repeat the same behaviours. Why did you go through his phone?
Reply 2
Original post by FTheOpps
He's lying to you again, he'll repeat the same behaviours. Why did you go through his phone?

Not something I’m proud of. Had a weird feeling about that night
Original post by Hdsicjen
Not something I’m proud of. Had a weird feeling about that night

Right he's lying to you, stay broken up with him idk what else you want to hear. You'll find someone better trust me.
DO NOT GET BACK WITH HIM. It’s going to be extremely hard but you need to stick to your morals and get out. Someone who loves you WOULD NOT do that. You deserve someone more loyal than that.
Reply 5
Have i got this right: you kissed another guy at the start of the relationship with your bf and lied by omission? Your boyfriend kissed another girl and lied to your face?

If that's the case, you can't take the moral high ground. He did own up to you, but you haven't told him what you did. How about you reverse the situation: be honest with him and see if wants to stick with you?
Original post by Hdsicjen
My boyfriend of 6 months kissed another girl on a night out and didn’t tell me. I read his messages and his pal told him about this to which he replied that he doesn’t remember a thing. When I confronted him he started by lying then owned up. I decided to give him another chance as if I’m honestly at the start of the relationship I done the same but he doesn’t know this. We got back together. Then a while later I found out he lied about going out and said he was in bed, he was messaging him friend saying he’s tempted to kiss another girl. I instantly broke up with him. We had a chat in my car where he broke down and apologised and said he’s been going through a **** time and turning to the drink and he’ll stop drinking as much, I’m the love of him life, etc. I’m really torn I’ve tried to speak to my friends about the chance of going back but they don’t like him and say they wouldn’t ever be able to trust him. Has anyone been in a similar situation and it has turned out ok? Or would going back to him be the worst idea?

He's constantly lying to you, is that what you want. Trust is broken so this will never work, don't go back.
Trust is literally so important. The fact he’s lied several times to you is not right at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending