The Student Room Group

Paraphrasing tools

Are paraphrasing tools detected by eg. By copycatch If you used a tool to modify your OWN writing
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Tima86
Are paraphrasing tools detected by copycatch eg. If you used a tool to modify your OWN writing

You've asked this question several times now, in different threads.
What is a 'paraphrasing tool'?
Reply 2
Original post by Reality Check
You've asked this question several times now, in different threads.
What is a 'paraphrasing tool'?

I feel like I’m not asking it correctly 😂 this is the final post I promise.
Paraphrasing tool is websites like grammarly or quilbot.
Original post by Tima86
I feel like I’m not asking it correctly 😂 this is the final post I promise.
Paraphrasing tool is websites like grammarly or quilbot.

Right. :smile: And what do they do? Do they take your words and 'tidy them up' a bit or something, by inclusion of extra words and rephrasing?
Reply 4
Right. :smile: And what do they do? Do they take your words and 'tidy them up' a bit or something, by inclusion of extra words and rephrasing?

Yes
Original post by Tima86
Yes

OK. I think the chance of something having been put through one of these automated engines and then being picked up as having 'similarity' by something like Turnitin is quite high. There is probably only a few ways that these services 'change' people's writing, and it probably changes everyone's writing in a similar way. Thus, there will be multiple similar 'copies' around.

I would avoid them.
Reply 6
OK. I think the chance of something having been put through one of these automated engines and then being picked up as having 'similarity' by something like Turnitin is quite high. There is probably only a few ways that these services 'change' people's writing, and it probably changes everyone's writing in a similar way. Thus, there will be multipleI

I understand. Thankyou.
It doesn’t really change the writing it gives synonyms and slightly changes the structure which you can choose yourself . Should I still avoid it ? How about people who have already used it. Should they restart their work
Original post by Tima86
I understand. Thankyou.
It doesn’t really change the writing it gives synonyms and slightly changes the structure which you can choose yourself . Should I still avoid it ? How about people who have already used it. Should they restart their work

Personally i wouldn't use grammarly anyway on the basis that they sell you data (e.g the uploaded text)
Original post by Tima86
I understand. Thankyou.

I'd avoid them basically because they're unhelpful. You can't use them during a written examination, and all they are doing is stopping you improving your own writing by practicing - they're just doing it for you.

If you've already used it, then it's probably fine. But I'd really recommend you get out the habit of using them regularly.
Reply 9
I'd avoid them basically because they're unhelpful. You can't use them during a written examination, and all they are doing is stopping you improving your own writing by practicing - they're just doing it for you.

If you've already used it, then it's probably fine. But I'd really recommend you get out

So it won’t get detected? I will not be using the websites ever again good thing I haven’t posted the work yet.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending