The Student Room Group

Girls, would you do this?

If your bf kept you a secret from his family (because his parents are strict) would you mind staying over his most nights?? (at university, so they wouldn't know)
I wouldn't let things get so serious with someone who was actively hiding me from his family.
No way. I'd feel uncomfortable doing that
like someone else said I personally wouldn’t get with someone like that.
Original post by Anonymous
If your bf kept you a secret from his family (because his parents are strict) would you mind staying over his most nights?? (at university, so they wouldn't know)

I know other girls that have done stuff like this - I personally wouldn't hide my girl from my family even though they are strict, unless I wasn't serious
He basically wants to have his cake and eat it doesn’t he? A warm bed during term time but no uncomfortable conversations with his family. What about the longer term? Will he just walk away and marry who his family tells him to, and drop you? I know not everyone is thinking longer term, but it sounds like you’re just going to get used then get hurt. Nope.
Yes.
I've never told my parents or grandmother anything about my private life.
I'm not into family orientated guys or the want to meet the extended family types.

But I would very cautious if religion or an overbearing mother was involved.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by HumblyBumbly
I know other girls that have done stuff like this - I personally wouldn't hide my girl from my family even though they are strict, unless I wasn't serious

Girls that have hid their boyfriends?
SORRY I meant other guys
Reply 9
Original post by HumblyBumbly
SORRY I meant other guys

Ah okay. Were they not very serious?
Ah okay. Were they not very serious?

I guess!
Original post by SanityGone
He basically wants to have his cake and eat it doesn’t he? A warm bed during term time but no uncomfortable conversations with his family. What about the longer term? Will he just walk away and marry who his family tells him to, and drop you? I know not everyone is thinking longer term, but it sounds like you’re just going to get used then get hurt. Nope.

So staying over just a few nights is not so bad?

He’s not really using me if I’m his girlfriend
No I'm afraid if he is hiding me from his family, I would be thinking is there a hidden agenda here.
Bump
Bump

I would treat you better is all I am saying :wink:
Nope I wouldn’t settle for anyone who doesn’t at least show me off

I’m not Al qaeda
He’s not really using me if I’m his girlfriend

It depends on what you’re looking for I guess. If you’re looking for someone to hang out with at uni then all’s good. If you’re looking for something deeper and long term then a guy that’s hiding you from his family is probably not your best bet. I wouldn’t put up with it, been there done that when I was younger, he walked rather than tell them about me, I was left with a lot of pain. x
It depends on what you’re looking for I guess. If you’re looking for someone to hang out with at uni then all’s good. If you’re looking for something deeper and long term then a guy that’s hiding you from his family is probably not your best bet. I wouldn’t put up with it, been there done that when I was younger, he walked rather than tell them about me, I was left with a lot of pain. x

Okay thanks. He tells me how much he loves me but I guess you’re right... by not telling his parents he’s not really showing it
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending