The Student Room Group

being sad

Has anyone else really struggled with being lonely this year and feeling depressed? like i literally have no friends or anyone to vent to or go out with or chill with. I feel as though everyone sees me as "that girl thats always alone" and idk how to get out of it.
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone else really struggled with being lonely this year and feeling depressed? like i literally have no friends or anyone to vent to or go out with or chill with. I feel as though everyone sees me as "that girl thats always alone" and idk how to get out of it.

To solve you problem, do you mind telling me where you’re at in life now e.g. school / uni / work?

If you think you’re struggling with mental health, there are a lot of services you can reach out to:
MeeTwo - an app where you can post your problems and get others in a similar situation to help you (you can also find closure by helping other people as well)
Samaritans - there’s a helpline you can ring whenever you’re feeling down... if you just want someone to listen
The Mix - this goes up to 25 years of age and you can message, do an online chat or call. There’s also a thing where you can put yourself down for telephone consultation or text message counselling (8 weeks/sessions)
CatchIt - another app by NHS where you journal your feelings and emotions to try and find the root of your problems and figure it out from there
Talking Therapies - NHS run, basically counselling or therapy

Sorry to hear you’re feeling this way. Always remember that you are not alone. There’s always someone here to listen :smile:

To solve you problem, do you mind telling me where you’re at in life now e.g. school / uni / work?

If you think you’re struggling with mental health, there are a lot of services you can reach out to:
MeeTwo - an app where you can post your problems and get others in a similar situation to help you (you can also find closure by helping other people as well)
Samaritans - there’s a helpline you can ring whenever you’re feeling down... if you just want someone to listen
The Mix - this goes up to 25 years of age and you can message, do an online chat or call. There’s also a thing where you can put yourself down for telephone consultation or text message counselling (8 weeks/sessions)
CatchIt - another app by NHS where you journal your feelings and emotions to try and find the root of your problems and figure it out from there
Talking Therapies - NHS run, basically counselling or therapy
Reply 3
if you want to cap off the decade in style come to sharaz's party.

vote yes
I know exactly how u feel. Im halfway through my second year, still haven't found anyone i could call a friend. everyone just seems to be comfortable in their own group and the only people eager to find friends are foundation or first years. my course doesn't help either as everyone barely goes to lectures and classes, and the ones that do, dont talk or aren't friendly. i have friends living far away that i could vent to but it's not the same as meeting up face to face and venting compared to texting.
im desperate to find a friend that i click with and has the same interests as me. If u go to uni of essex, please hmu.
i know i sound so lame and desperate but the loneliness and depression has affected me so much, i just want to go out and have fun with friends
Reply 5
I know exactly how u feel. Im halfway through my second year, still haven't found anyone i could call a friend. everyone just seems to be comfortable in their own group and the only people eager to find friends are foundation or first years. my course doesn't help either as everyone barely goes to lectures and classes, and the ones that do, dont talk or aren't friendly. i have friends living far away that i could vent to but it's not the same as meeting up face to face and venting compared to texting.
im desperate to find a friend that i click with and has the same interests as me. If u go to uni of essex, please hmu.
i know i sound so lame and desperate but the loneliness and depression has affected me so much, i just want to go out and have fun with friends

hey, i literally feel the exact same, im in first year but i took a gap year so i guess im the same age as you. I never go to lectures anymore because i have no one to talk to or sit with and just sick of being lonely and feeling depressed when im there. And no you dont sound desperate, i feel the same way! ; )
hey, i literally feel the exact same, im in first year but i took a gap year so i guess im the same age as you. I never go to lectures anymore because i have no one to talk to or sit with and just sick of being lonely and feeling depressed when im there. And no you dont sound desperate, i feel the same way! ; )

literally:s-smilie:
i was thinking that next semester i can try and start again. after going on a few holidays and going back home for xmas, ill hopefully have a new mindset for my second half of 2nd year.
what uni u go to?
Reply 7
literally:s-smilie:
i was thinking that next semester i can try and start again. after going on a few holidays and going back home for xmas, ill hopefully have a new mindset for my second half of 2nd year.
what uni u go to?

I go uni of Birmingham, and hopefully gonna try do the same next semester, even though i keep telling myself its too late cus everyones settled in with their friendship groups and are comfortable now which is really sad.
I go uni of Birmingham, and hopefully gonna try do the same next semester, even though i keep telling myself its too late cus everyones settled in with their friendship groups and are comfortable now which is really sad.

I find the same thing and also have no friends or anyone one to talk to. It's extremely difficult to make friends when everyone already has friendship groups, freshers'/early in first year is the time to do it really. That said it's still possible to make friends, or at the very least acquaintances, by participating in as many social events/societies as possible. Participation is the only solution really. But remember you don't have to be a different person, you just have to be there.

I go to uob also and pretty lonely. I've been going to societies etc but feel that not in same ball park as other people as I'm post grad. But pm me if you want lol

Quick Reply

Latest