The Student Room Group

Need a help with my uni choices

Hello everyone! I’m going to send my application this week but can’t choose unis. I’m going to do marketing-related subjects, in some unis it’s marketing
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by perfumeletters
Hello everyone! I’m going to send my application this week but can’t choose unis. I’m going to do marketing-related subjects, in some unis it’s marketing

So you are applying to spend 30 thousand pounds on fees and the rest and spend 3 years of your life doing this and you have not even thought about which universities...

Have you attended any Open Days? That is what most people do to decide between unis
Reply 3
I would attend open days and make a list. Good luck x
Write down 5 characteristics of a university that you look for then rank the top universities for your course. Use this to apply and visit if they give you an offer

Damn, guys, I wrote the list of unis in which I’m interested in but it didn’t show up.I finished my ps ages ago so now I just need to decide the thing about UCAS choices. So basically I know that I’m applying to Cass Business School and Lancaster but I’m not sure about other three. Here is a list of unis that I like: Royal Holloway, Newcastle, Exeter, Keele, Cardiff, Leeds. What can u advise? Sorry, didn’t check the question before I posted it.
Original post by squeakysquirrel
So you are applying to spend 30 thousand pounds on fees and the rest and spend 3 years of your life doing this and you have not even thought about which universities...

I added info about unis in which I’m interested in, sorry, didn’t check the question.
Original post by harrysbar
Have you attended any Open Days? That is what most people do to decide between unis

Yeah, I did it but still can’t decide between all unis I like
Original post by starsj87
I would attend open days and make a list. Good luck x

I already did, thanks for ur answer x
Original post by User135792468
Write down 5 characteristics of a university that you look for then rank the top universities for your course. Use this to apply and visit if they give you an offer

I already tried this but it’s really hard to choose between all unis I like. Check the info I added, I didn't check my question before I posted it here.
Damn, guys, I wrote the list of unis in which I’m interested in but it didn’t show up.I finished my ps ages ago so now I just need to decide the thing about UCAS choices. So basically I know that I’m applying to Cass Business School and Lancaster but I’m not sure about other three. Here is a list of unis that I like: Royal Holloway, Newcastle, Exeter, Keele, Cardiff, Leeds. What can u advise? Sorry, didn’t check the question before I posted it.

What do you like about Cass and Lancaster? Just trying to get some detail out of you because you're giving us next to nothing to work on. What are your predicted grades? Do you prefer city or campus unis? Cass and Lancaster seem like opposite unis - one in the biggest city in the UK the other in one of the smallest :confused:

Hi @perfumeletters

It is great to hear that you are considering studying at university.

I would really recommend that you go on a open day or just visit some of the universities you are interested in. Hopefully after seeing a few universities you will have a good idea of what you are looking for in a course and location of study.

Hope this helps.
Dom :h:
As has been said the 2 key issues are course and location. Do you want a big or small city. A campus or city university. How far or close to home do you want to be. If you prefer a small city or rural environment look at Lancaster, Exeter, Keele and Royal Holloway. You could look into Bath, Kent or East Anglia as your 5th. If bigger cities and more nightlife is what you require look at Cass, Leeds, Cardiff and Newcastle. You could possibly look into other London Universities or universities in Birmingham, Manchester or Bristol. Cass and Lancaster are totally different in opposite ends of England, one I a huge city and one in a very small one with an out of town campus. You need to decide. It is you that will be somewhere for 3 years not anybody else
Original post by harrysbar
What do you like about Cass and Lancaster? Just trying to get some detail out of you because you're giving us next to nothing to work on. What are your predicted grades? Do you prefer city or campus unis? Cass and Lancaster seem like opposite unis - one in the biggest city in the UK the other in one of the smallest :confused:

Basically, I like Cass cuz it’s in London and a course looks quite good. In Lancaster I’m really interested in course, it’s just great though the uni is located in a small city. I’m doing foundation and I already contacted unis - they do accept my qualification (Cass - 75%, Lancaster - 70%). My predicted is distinction and I’m pretty sure I’ll easily get it.

I'm in the same position as you for the same subject choice but for different universities!
Basically, I like Cass cuz it’s in London and a course looks quite good. In Lancaster I’m really interested in course, it’s just great though the uni is located in a small city. I’m doing foundation and I already contacted unis - they do accept my qualification (Cass - 75%, Lancaster - 70%). My predicted is distinction and I’m pretty sure I’ll easily get it.

There are still too many questions for me to give a decent answer so for that reason (as they say on dragons den) I'm out

Hi there!

Keele University offer a fantastic Marketing and Business Managament course. They’ve also been ranked in the top 10 for student satisfaction in this area! Is this along the lines of what you are hoping to study? If so, I’d be happy to answer any questions that you have! Or if you want to know more about Keele University or life at university i’d be happy to share my personal experiences with you and find out the answers to your queries! :smile:

I understand that choosing a university isn’t an easy decision so I want to be as helpful as possible! :smile:
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador
Hi there!

Keele University offer a fantastic Marketing and Business Managament course. They’ve also been ranked in the top 10 for student satisfaction in this area! Is this along the lines of what you are hoping to study? If so, I’d be happy to answer any questions that you have! Or if you want to know more about Keele University or life at university i’d be happy to share my personal experiences with you and find out the answers to your queries! :smile:

I understand that choosing a university isn’t an easy decision so I want to be as helpful as possible! :smile:

hi,
I just wanted to know, is there any support for careers and what are the career prospects like for Keele as a university and the degree?

There is really nothing to help with. Students who like Lancaster usually look towards Bath, Durham, Exeter and York. I havent been there but I suspect Keele and East Anglia are similar and Bath is quite similar in style to Lancaster
Original post by confused 247
hi,
I just wanted to know, is there any support for careers and what are the career prospects like for Keele as a university and the degree?

Hi there!

There is lots of support in terms of careers that Keele has to offer!

There is a Careers and Employability Center on the 1st floor of the Library which is fantastic! You can book to see careers consultants for 1:1 appointments, get advice on your CV and explore lots of future prospects. More information about what the careers team have to offer can be found using this link - https://www.keele.ac.uk/careers/

96% of graduates in 2017 had a job within 6 months of graduation which is an extremely successful amount!

I hope this answers your queries! If you have any more then please ask!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending