The Student Room Group

Boyfriend sharing room with other girl

So my (22f) boyfriend (22m) of 3 years is going on a uni tour, and he's been put in a hotel room with a girl for 12
nights. I don't know this girl, but I have staked her social media, and she is so gorgeous (massive breasts too, which she isn't too bothered about covering up...I barely fill an a cup...haha big insecurity of mine). These trips are also well known for being extremely boozy with clubbing every night. now, I'll just make it clear that I trust him 100%, we've lived together for 2 years now, and without sounding silly, I'd be extremely surprised if we don't end up getting married one day. I am sure no funny business will go down, but I still feel kind of weird about it? I don't know this girl and I don't want him seeing her after a shower in her towel and stuff like that. Is this crazy? I feel like I at least want to ask him not to drink alcohol during the trip(or at the very least keep it to one drink a day). Is this mad and controlling or me, or is it reasonable? I mean, ideally I'd want him moved to a room and share with another guy, but he doesn't want to kick up a fuss because he doesn't know the students that are organising the whole thing. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Sorry it's long haha

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
So my (22f) boyfriend (22m) of 3 years is going on a uni tour, and he's been put in a hotel room with a girl for 12
nights. I don't know this girl, but I have staked her social media, and she is so gorgeous (massive breasts too, which she isn't too bothered about covering up...I barely fill an a cup...haha big insecurity of mine). These trips are also well known for being extremely boozy with clubbing every night. now, I'll just make it clear that I trust him 100%, we've lived together for 2 years now, and without sounding silly, I'd be extremely surprised if we don't end up getting married one day. I am sure no funny business will go down, but I still feel kind of weird about it? I don't know this girl and I don't want him seeing her after a shower in her towel and stuff like that. Is this crazy? I feel like I at least want to ask him not to drink alcohol during the trip(or at the very least keep it to one drink a day). Is this mad and controlling or me, or is it reasonable? I mean, ideally I'd want him moved to a room and share with another guy, but he doesn't want to kick up a fuss because he doesn't know the students that are organising the whole thing. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Sorry it's long haha

i think if he cared enough he wouldn't feel like he's 'kicking up a fuss' by asking to move rooms. At the end of the day if he says he feels uncomfortable being in a room with a girl they probably will have to listen to him....

do his parents know about you?
Reply 3
do his parents know about you?

Yes of course. Been on holiday with them and stayed at their house many times. Why?
He's going to cheat and its obvious
I think for now you have no reason to not trust him. And essentially everything happens for a reason so you'll know if it's real if he is faithful to you. If not, he's scum and you can take out the trash :smile:
Reply 6
For all the people talking about cheating, he really wouldn't, that's not a concern of mine. I mean, it took until the 6 month mark in our relationship before he was ready to have sex as it takes him a while to be comfortable.my main question is if I am justified feeling a bit uncomfortable, even though I know there won't be any funny business happening
Is this for real?
For all the people talking about cheating, he really wouldn't, that's not a concern of mine. I mean, it took until the 6 month mark in our relationship before he was ready to have sex as it takes him a while to be comfortable.my main question is if I am justified feeling a bit uncomfortable, even though I know there won't be any funny business happening

If you know he wouldn't cheat, why else would you be feeling uncomfortable? If its the fact u might think she might try it on him, that's a different story..
Reply 9
How on earth can he be asked to share a room with a female, large boobed or otherwise. Anyway I would trust him and not try to impose an alcohol ban as its not fair and somewhat controlling. Bizarrely the best way to hold on to your partner is not to be possessive.
Maybe explain that you're uncomfortable with him sharing a room with a female?
If he reassures you then you've got nothing else to do but to just trust him.
I think it’s weird to share a room with a stranger of the opposite sex. I would find it uncomfortable enough to share a room with a random girl.
Original post by YaliaV
I think it’s weird to share a room with a stranger of the opposite sex. I would find it uncomfortable enough to share a room with a random girl.

Wait, you're a guy?? Somehow I'd always imagined you as a girl - I thought Yalia was a girl's name.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Wait, you're a guy?? Somehow I'd always imagined you as a girl - I thought Yalia was a girl's name.

I am a girl. I wouldn’t want to share with a guy because sharing with a random female would be weird enough.
Original post by YaliaV
I am a girl. I wouldn’t want to share with a guy because sharing with a random female would be weird enough.

Ohhh I get it now, okay
Yes this arrangement is weird. Why would he be put in a room with a girl? Are they friends? If not I would absolutely say you are not happy with the room situation.
No it's not crazy. He shouldn't be sharing a room with a girl whether he knows her or not and even if you think nothing will happen, that is the perfect situation for something to take place.

Either ask him to switch rooms and if they refuse then he shouldn't go if he cares about you/the relationship.
Original post by Scotney
Yes this arrangement is weird. Why would he be put in a room with a girl? Are they friends? If not I would absolutely say you are not happy with the room situation.

Not they have never met, and I have not met her either
Original post by minichef30
If you know he wouldn't cheat, why else would you be feeling uncomfortable? If its the fact u might think she might try it on him, that's a different story..

Well she's a total stranger to me. She could be any shade of crazy
Original post by barnetlad
Is this for real?

Meaning you think I am being irrational? Not confronting you, just asking because I genuinely don't know

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending