The Student Room Group

Help!!!

Okay so I double, tripled checked this so many times already but I want to be 100% sure.

Can anyone please help by telling me, pass, merit and distinction as UCAs tarrif points equivalent for a level 3 extended diploma for art and design?

Your help will be much appreciated!
Original post by eri-chan
Okay so I double, tripled checked this so many times already but I want to be 100% sure.

Can anyone please help by telling me, pass, merit and distinction as UCAs tarrif points equivalent for a level 3 extended diploma for art and design?

You will know your ucas tariff points by knowing your final grade i.e DMM. If you can say that then it is easy to look up the UCAS tariff equivalent. What grade you get will depend on your individual module scores. Lots of the new ones have a total of 180 credits so you do 90 in year 1 and 90 in year 2. Some subjects do not have 18 modules of ten credits but a lower amount of modules worth more credits each. I dont know what it is for Art and Design.

Once you have the final module scores and overall grade then you look up the UCAS points here.
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
You will know your ucas tariff points by knowing your final grade i.e DMM. If you can say that then it is easy to look up the UCAS tariff equivalent. What grade you get will depend on your individual module scores. Lots of the new ones have a total of 180 credits so you do 90 in year 1 and 90 in year 2. Some subjects do not have 18 modules of ten credits but a lower amount of modules worth more credits each. I dont know what it is for Art and Design.

Once you have the final module scores and overall grade then you look up the UCAS points here.
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator

Wait wait wait... So... If I did 2 years of my college course, does that mean I get 2 grades or is it 1? Oml... What is this about credits? Do they count also? Why wasn't I told this in college?! X.x
Wait wait wait... So... If I did 2 years of my college course, does that mean I get 2 grades or is it 1? Oml... What is this about credits? Do they count also? Why wasn't I told this in college?! X.x

With extended diploma at the end of year 1 you get a grade consisting of 2 letters. This is based on all the modules you did which are also awarded a letter.
At the end of year 2 you get the final grade based on the marks from all modules during the 2 years and will consist of three letters from M to D*.
If you can tell me what that 3 letter grade is then I can tell you how many UCAS it is worth.
Reply 4
With extended diploma at the end of year 1 you get a grade consisting of 2 letters. This is based on all the modules you did which are also awarded a letter.
At the end of year 2 you get the final grade based on the marks from all modules during the 2 years and will consist of three letters from M to D*.
If you can tell me what that 3 letter grade is then I can tell you how many UCAS it is worth.

By 3 letter grade do you mean pass, merit and distinction?
By 3 letter grade do you mean pass, merit and distinction?

yes DDD or DMM etc
Reply 6
yes DDD or DMM etc

I got merits in year 1 and 2...i don't see any DDD or DMM
I got merits in year 1 and 2...i don't see any DDD or DMM

It will say what grade you got on your certificate.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/understanding-our-qualifications/comparing-btec-to-other-qualifications/btec-ucas-points.html
Okay thank you very much!

Stages:

1. Look up your course and work out how many modules there are in year 1 and year 2.
2. Also id how many credits each module is worth. Typical would be 18x 10 credits, but other courses have fewer modules, but they are worth more credits i.e 20-30.
3. Once you know the scores from all modules, then you can look up how many points you get.
4. When you add the points you then compare that to a table, which shows you what final grade you get from PPP up to D*D*D*.
5. When you know this grade you then compare that with the table in the link above to show you how many ucas points.

The only thing you have said is you are doing an extended diploma in art and design plus you got some merits.
Reply 10
Stages:

1. Look up your course and work out how many modules there are in year 1 and year 2.
2. Also id how many credits each module is worth. Typical would be 18x 10 credits, but other courses have fewer modules, but they are worth more credits i.e 20-30.
3. Once you know the scores from all modules, then you can look up how many points you get.
4. When you add the points you then compare that to a table, which shows you what final grade you get from PPP up to D*D*D*.
5. When you know this grade you then compare that with the table in the link above to show you how many ucas points.

The only thing you have said is you are doing an extended diploma in art and design plus you got some merits.

Hahaha OK, it's alright now, I contacted one of my friends and she sorted me out... Turns out it was BTEC... I was seriously panicking there... If it was BTEC I wouldn't be able to get anywhere 😂😂😂 But thank you anyways! Your time was appreciated! ❤️
Hahaha OK, it's alright now, I contacted one of my friends and she sorted me out... Turns out it was BTEC... I was seriously panicking there... If it was BTEC I wouldn't be able to get anywhere 😂😂😂 But thank you anyways! Your time was appreciated! ❤️

That doesnt really answer anything as I was working on the basis it was a BTEC Extended Diploma all along, because that is what you said.
Reply 12
That doesnt really answer anything as I was working on the basis it was a BTEC Extended Diploma all along, because that is what you said.

No, I never said it was BTEC... It was you who first mentioned BTEC... I only said that I have 2 grades one from year 1 and another from year 2 which are both merits.
No, I never said it was BTEC... It was you who first mentioned BTEC... I only said that I have 2 grades one from year 1 and another from year 2 which are both merits.

You mentioned extended diploma and pass merits and distinctions which are all signs of BTEC. In any event this thread shouldnt have lasted this long and its not wise to spend any more time on it. have fun .
okay so i double, tripled checked this so many times already but i want to be 100% sure.

Can anyone please help by telling me, pass, merit and distinction as ucas tarrif points equivalent for a level 3 extended diploma for art and design?

go on ucas calculator

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending