The Student Room Group

Are these gains realistic

100kg bench
150kg squat
180kg deadlift

In a year.

So far im on 65kg bench training since november. 110kg deadlift. And 75kg squat

Ive seen many people do 500lbs deadlift in like 1-2 years naturally. How long did it u.

Ik it took @yearninekid like 2 years to bench 100kg. But he only gained like 5kg/didnt bulk
(edited 4 years ago)
That's weak sauce my guy
Original post by angelinahx
That's weak sauce my guy

How much do u weigh 🤣🤣
Depends where you started, your background and bodyweight.

I started a fairly lean 83kg and deadlifted 500lbs in about 9 months bulking to just over 90kg. I didn't squat for the first 9ish months too but the first time I set foot in a rack I did 160kg. That said, my pre lifting physique had a strong lower body. In contrast my bench was barely at 100kg after 9 months and weighing 90kg.

If you're light-weight , it'll take you longer. But there's no reason why you can't hit those goals in a year with good programming, consistency and a good diet.

On the other hand if you frequently skip sessions, drink a lot every weekend and don't eat properly, you won't make it.
Original post by illusionz
Depends where you started, your background and bodyweight.

I started a fairly lean 83kg and deadlifted 500lbs in about 9 months bulking to just over 90kg. I didn't squat for the first 9ish months too but the first time I set foot in a rack I did 160kg. That said, my pre lifting physique had a strong lower body. In contrast my bench was barely at 100kg after 9 months and weighing 90kg.

If you're light-weight , it'll take you longer. But there's no reason why you can't hit those goals in a year with good programming, consistency and a good diet.

On the other hand if you frequently skip sessions, drink a lot every weekend and don't eat properly, you won't make it.

Na. I first started last jan. Quit in april due to exams. Restarted summer. Quit until sept. But last month i started again for good.

Ive made decent progress. I was weighing 65kg in the summer now im 72kg,6'0. Aiming for 85kg by the end of my bulk around end of summer time

Dang thats mad impressive. Has to do with ur good genetics tbh. I wanna lift 500lbs by next jan. Which will be a year and a half.

Did you carry on breaking prs?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Lightskinbrudda
Na. I first started last jan. Quit in april due to exams. Restarted summer. Quit until sept. But last month i started again for good.

Ive made decent progress. I was weighing 65kg in the summer now im 72kg,6'0. Aiming for 85kg by the end of my bulk around end of summer time

Dang thats mad impressive. Has to do with ur good genetics tbh. I wanna lift 500lbs by next jan. Which will be a year and a half.

Did you carry on breaking prs?

My beginner gains dried up, I didn't move on to sensible programming, moved house, no convenient gym and stopped lifting for several years.

Got back into it again this year, am now stronger than I've ever been and making steady progress on sensible programs. Programming matters.

Re genetics yes I'm lucky, especially lower lower body wise I started from a very good place. Bench press I started with about 40kg for 5x5. Gaining weight really helps with progressing.
(edited 4 years ago)
My beginner gains dried up, I didn't move on to sensible programming, moved house, no convenient gym and stopped lifting for several years.

Got back into it again this year, am now stronger than I've ever been and making steady progress on sensible programs. Programming matters.

Re genetics yes I'm lucky, especially lower lower body wise I started from a very good place. Bench press I started with about 40kg for 5x5. Gaining weight really helps with progressing.

im in the middle of beginner gains. on a new program now. jason blaha 5x5 and gonna carry that on for 6 months to a year. then switch to something advanced.
500lbs deadlift is something I've never accomplished largely due to lifestyle and injury history. Injury free 500lbs is a 2-5 year project for most. Unless you're illusionz. He has disgusting levers and genetics and you should hate him as much as I do :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by Angry cucumber
500lbs deadlift is something I've never accomplished largely due to lifestyle and injury history. Injury free 500lbs is a 2-5 year project for most. Unless you're illusionz. He has disgusting levers and genetics and you should hate him as much as I do :smile:

Spoiler

Ive seen so many teens do like 400-500 within a year. Im on 100kg atm within 2 months of actual training. And ill update my fitness thread. I can do 120kg by end of december. So 10kg a year. I will decline eventually but ill get to at least 150 by summer. However if i cut by then ill lose hella strength.

Seen a 18yo so 700lbs. Elite genetics.

Whats levers.

Also is sumo cheating. I do sumo on my prs because convential is too much. My long arms and torso dont help. Real trouble straightening my back
(edited 4 years ago)
Ive seen so many teens do like 400-500 within a year. Im on 100kg atm within 2 months of actual training. And ill update my fitness thread. I can do 120kg by end of december. So 10kg a year. I will decline eventually but ill get to at least 150 by summer. However if i cut by then ill lose hella strength.

Whats levers.

Also is sumo cheating. I do sumo on my prs because convential is too much. My long arms and torso dont help. Real trouble straightening my back

Instagram etc is not a reflection on reality.

Levers are how your arms, torso, legs etc are built. If you have good levers for certain lifts it can help immensely, often at the detriment to another. E.g. Long arms are good for deadlifting, less good for benching etc

Sumo isn't cheating. But if you do sumo you should only do sumo for your working sets.
Original post by Angry cucumber
Instagram etc is not a reflection on reality.

Levers are how your arms, torso, legs etc are built. If you have good levers for certain lifts it can help immensely, often at the detriment to another. E.g. Long arms are good for deadlifting, less good for benching etc

Sumo isn't cheating. But if you do sumo you should only do sumo for your working sets.

Oh i see.

Ye true. Seen like 2 17yos doing 500lns. Even some of the big dudes here cant do 500

Check ur inbox this time next year ill tag u when i do it
(edited 4 years ago)

Whats levers.

There's a big difference between 400lbs and 500lbs.

Also the YouTube Fitness transformations are all fake. Steroids, fake transformation time lengths etc. The guy i saw claiming to DL 700lbs at 18 would be about 20kg ahead of the IPF (drug tested) world record in his weight class...
There's a big difference between 400lbs and 500lbs.

Also the YouTube Fitness transformations are all fake. Steroids, fake transformation time lengths etc. The guy i saw claiming to DL 700lbs at 18 would be about 20kg ahead of the IPF (drug tested) world record in his weight class...

Well i only know 1 guy who did 500lbs in 1 year and a half. 425 squat as well. Max stranzy. Hes natural. Ye most are on roids.
There was a thread where OP asked how long did it take to dl 200kg and everyone said under a year.. or 100 on their first attempt.
Well i only know 1 guy who did 500lbs in 1 year and a half. 425 squat as well. Max stranzy. Hes natural. Ye most are on roids.
There was a thread where OP asked how long did it take to dl 200kg and everyone said under a year.. or 100 on their first attempt.

Everyone is different.

Fitness is not a competition, and where there are competitions they have weight classes.

Noone starting at 65kg is deadlifting 200+kg in a year. Don't compare yourself to people 20kg+ heavier than you. Sure I deadlifted 500lbs in 9ish months, but I was over 90kg when I did it and have good proportions for lower body lifts.

You'll progress at your own rate and that's fine. Any progress is better than no progress, and in 5 years there's no reason why you can't be benching 3 plates, squatting 4 plates and deadlifting 5 plates.

Also that kids delts do not look natty for an 18yo
(edited 4 years ago)
100kg bench
150kg squat
180kg deadlift

In a year.

Ive seen many people do 500lbs deadlift in like 1-2 years naturally. How long did it u.

Ik it took @yearninekid like 2 years to bench 100kg. But he only gained like 5kg/didnt bulk

It's hard to tell... There are a range of factors which effect the time taken for improved strength.. I mean, I also ain't an expert as I train more through hypertrophy and less on strength... I bench 70kg and been training for almost a year..
Original post by Zain_Ahmed
It's hard to tell... There are a range of factors which effect the time taken for improved strength.. I mean, I also ain't an expert as I train more through hypertrophy and less on strength... I bench 70kg and been training for almost a year..

i rather look average/fit and rip 500lbs off the floor than look jacked and have no strength

70 1rpm?

i can probs do 70 by end of january 1rep. so im guessing by summer a 100. im sure 30kg in 7-8 months isnt that hard. especially since im still in a year
i rather look average/fit and rip 500lbs off the floor than look jacked and have no strength

70 1rpm?

i can probs do 70 by end of january 1rep. so im guessing by summer a 100. im sure 30kg in 7-8 months isnt that hard. especially since im still in a year

I do 5/6 reps on 70
90 is my 1rep max
Reply 17
100kg bench
150kg squat
180kg deadlift

In a year.

ye its achievable if you train hard 6x a week, my first year i got 200kg deadlift and 6 months later i reached 240kg, so yh its achievable

Quick Reply

Latest