The Student Room Group

University of Manchester interview for Neuroscience

Does anyone know what questions they ask? Will they ask me questions about the course like how much do I know about neuroscience? Sorry I am very worried!!
Hi, I also have an interview for neuroscience on the 29th, what are you planning on wearing?
Original post by kathy9693
Does anyone know what questions they ask? Will they ask me questions about the course like how much do I know about neuroscience? Sorry I am very worried!!

Read over your personal statement and make sure you can expand on that. They can ask "have you read any articles about neuroscience?".
Has anyone had their neuroscience interview yet?
Reply 4
Hi,I have my interview on the 27th of November and I was just wondering what type of questions they ask you at the interview. Is it more to do with your personal statement or neuroscience as a whole.
Original post by 15971991
Hi,I have my interview on the 27th of November and I was just wondering what type of questions they ask you at the interview. Is it more to do with your personal statement or neuroscience as a whole.

Hi I also have my interview on that date! Do you know what you're going to wear? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Victoria73_
Hi I also have my interview on that date! Do you know what you're going to wear? :smile:

Hey! 😊
I was planning on wearing like a blouse and work trousers or maybe a skirt. I think it’s supposed to be smart/ workwear but I’m not too sure.
How are you preparing for the interview? I’m super scared for it lol! I’ve read some articles about neuroscience but that’s about it so far.
Also if you don’t mind me asking what are your predicted grades?
Hey! 😊
I was planning on wearing like a blouse and work trousers or maybe a skirt. I think it’s supposed to be smart/ workwear but I’m not too sure.
How are you preparing for the interview? I’m super scared for it lol! I’ve read some articles about neuroscience but that’s about it so far.
Also if you don’t mind me asking what are your predicted grades?

I was thinking of wearing a casual black blazer and a turtle neck and school trousers (not sure on shoes!) I read some where Manchester interviews tend to be quite casual but just incase I am still going quite formal ish hahah hope I don’t look to weird 😂 ahhh I’ve done nothing so far!! Just going to read up on my personal statement and prepare points to talk about on my EPQ cause I’m guessing they’ll ask me about that :smile: Maybe I’ll read some articles too!! My predicted grades are AAA hbu?? (I’ve seen very big variation with neuroscience some predicted B/C’s and some A*s hopefully won’t mater too much!) feel free to msg me on private or add me on insta or something I haven’t met many people interested in neuroscience so I’d love to meet some anyway! :smile:
Reply 8
Did my interview last year and got an offer (gap year now). It's not anything to be worried about, its so short and just like a conversation, they ask you on your personal statement and they asked me one specific science Q which I got majorly wrong, but if you just show youre passionate, not an idiot and seem able to learn then youll likely get an offer. I wore black jeans, a black polo neck and a green jumper. good luck
Reply 9
Original post by szak____
Did my interview last year and got an offer (gap year now). It's not anything to be worried about, its so short and just like a conversation, they ask you on your personal statement and they asked me one specific science Q which I got majorly wrong, but if you just show youre passionate, not an idiot and seem able to learn then youll likely get an offer. I wore black jeans, a black polo neck and a green jumper. good luck

What was the science question on?
Also what were the grades they offered?
What was the science question on?
Also what were the grades they offered?

The question was kinda related to my PS, he asked 'what is an NMDA receptor?' and i panicked cos everyone told me there would be no science hahah. They offered my AAB x
Original post by szak____

About when in the year did you receive your interview offer for Manchester?
Original post by 13Hollylou
About when in the year did you receive your interview offer for Manchester?

They told me at the end of my interview that I’d got an offer but it didn’t come through on UCAS for like 3/4 weeks
Reply 13
what did you wear and what questions did they ask
Yeah I'm sort of really unprepared for my interview, I'm a medicine applicant and this is my 5th choice so I've not put a ton of research into it. Does anyone have any advice on what to read or ways to prepare for the interview?
Original post by kturley
what did you wear and what questions did they ask

This is probably too late but I wore work trousers and a blouse but I felt slightly overdressed. They asked me really general questions such as why manchesteer, why neuroscience, what is neuroscience, future plans, example when... e.g. worked as a team etc.
Really nothing to stress over. It's quite casual.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending