The Student Room Group

What genetic blood background are they from?

English ginger's.
What likely DNA would they have?. I know they are English etc but what would there DNA results likely look like compared to other English people?
Original post by TG67
English ginger's.
What likely DNA would they have?. I know they are English etc but what would there DNA results likely look like compared to other English people?

In terms of their genetic trait, the hair colour: they have the alleles to red on their DNA. That is hard to say in what a relation the ginger's are with their genes, because the hair colour is also depend on surrounding. In Britain, it is a clolur which is more frequently in comparison to the other countries in Europe and the world. But as you were asking for English people: it is rather a rare hair colour, as the alleles for it I talked about is recessive. That means the red hair colour just can be got by the descendants, if their parents are both ginger's, as the other colours for hair are dominate what would lead to another colour for the descendants.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Kallisto
In terms of their genetic trait, the hair colour: they have the alleles to red on their DNA. That is hard to say in what a relation the ginger's are with their genes, because the hair colour is also depend on surrounding. In Britain, it is a clolur which is more frequently in comparison to the other countries in Europe and the world. But as you were asking for English people: it is rather a rare hair colour, as the alleles for it I talked about is recessive. That means the red hair colour just can be got by the descendants, if their parents are both ginger's, as the other colours for hair are dominate what would lead to another colour for the descendants.

Isn't it a Viking trait or a Celtic one more than an Anglo-Saxon?
Original post by TG67
Isn't it a Viking trait or a Celtic one more than an Anglo-Saxon?

In terms of the origins, yeah that is right. But I was talking about the distribution of the red hair. And as far as I know the most are in Britain.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending