The Student Room Group

Mocks

Hi, I've just got my mock results and they're not as great as I'd hoped them to be.
I got:
6+ in English Language and Biology.
8- in Maths, Chemistry and Physics.
8 in Geography and French.
9 in RE.
*English Literature mocks to be taken in the next set of mocks.
I'd hoped I could get all 8s and 9s so that I could use these grades to apply for sixth form. I want to do Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Geography/Economics.
Would it be better to wait for my next set of mocks and use those results? I wish to go to LAE, Brampton Manor, Woodford County, or Seven Kings.
Original post by Sumaya20
Hi, I've just got my mock results and they're not as great as I'd hoped them to be.
I got:
6+ in English Language and Biology.
8- in Maths, Chemistry and Physics.
8 in Geography and French.
9 in RE.
*English Literature mocks to be taken in the next set of mocks.
I'd hoped I could get all 8s and 9s so that I could use these grades to apply for sixth form. I want to do Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Geography/Economics.
Would it be better to wait for my next set of mocks and use those results? I wish to go to LAE, Brampton Manor, Woodford County, or Seven Kings.

When is the cut off date to send your results off to those sixth forms?

Sixth forms understand that these are only mock results and these are not bad grades.
Reply 2
Original post by Hazelly
When is the cut off date to send your results off to those sixth forms?

Sixth forms understand that these are only mock results and these are not bad grades.

LAE - 24/01/20
Brampton Manor -
Woodford County - 06/01/20
Seven Kings - 31/03/20
LAE - 24/01/20
Brampton Manor -
Woodford County - 06/01/20
Seven Kings - 31/03/20

When’s your next set of mocks? Did you revise properly for these mocks?
Reply 4
Original post by Hazelly
When’s your next set of mocks? Did you revise properly for these mocks?

They start from 24/02/20. For these mocks, for each subject, I revised the night before by reading through revision guides.
They start from 24/02/20. For these mocks, for each subject, I revised the night before by reading through revision guides.

I would give your current mock results to the sixth forms then. It’s best to send your application earlier rather than being late and not being accepted.
Reply 6
Original post by Hazelly
I would give your current mock results to the sixth forms then. It’s best to send your application earlier rather than being late and not being accepted.

Thanks a lot!!
I think those are some really good grades especially for someone who revised the night before congrats! :smile: i would revise a month before and still could never lol

I have got these set of mock results:
Maths- 8
English Lang-7
English Lit- 8
geography- 9
History- 8
Biology, Chemistry Physics- 9, 9, 9
French- 6
Art-6

Basically i think i did pretty well in these mocks.
However, (SHOCK HORROR) i am trying to apply for Judd 6th Form ( 12th in UK) however, i know loads of 6th former's there and, they tell me that JUDD DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR MOCKS AT ALL!!!!!!!!
What they also told me is that they ONLY CARE ABOUT YOUR ACTUAL GCSE RESULTS.
So, if you haven't done as well as you thought you should have, dont be dejected; you should increase from 1-2 grades or even more from now to your GCSE'S
Have fun revising.
what the hell!! those are really great results and i honestly do not know why you’re upset with them or not proud, i know i could never so i’m quite scared for my results but you did great!!! well done!!
Original post by skittlessh
what the hell!! those are really great results and i honestly do not know why you’re upset with them or not proud, i know i could never so i’m quite scared for my results but you did great!!! well done!!

Hey,
Everyone (even teachers in my school) are seriously confused why i am slightly irritated with the score?
Basically, let me tell you; when i was young i never used to do well in any test, failed every test, faced many difficulties I even scraped the 11 Plus.
All my primary school teachers told me and my parents i would find it difficult in secondary school-- i may not make it through the first year (yr 7)
Then, i put my ass on the seat and revised. Revised and toiled hard; I initially would do averaged for most tests from year 7-10 even when i revised 4-5 hours for the test (More than 90% of the people who beat me). But i never gave up. I always persisted with myself. Even when people would make fun of me and make me feel that i was a try hard and would always fail. But i still didnt give up and, always worked hard.
However, from year 10 onwards, something clicked; and, all the hours i revised would pay of and, i started getting best in the class, best in the section, BEST IN THE YEAR!
I didnt write this to flex over you.
But wrote this to show you why i am only slightly happy with my results.
I have set the bar of expectations high-- sky high.

If you want to take something from this, its to never, ever give up; always keep going until your death

Good luck with your future aspirations!

Quick Reply

Latest