The Student Room Group

No offers

Hi,
I have applied to Study dentistry at Cardiff, Newcastle and Bristol university. I have been rejected from Manchester. All my friends who have applied to medicine and dentistry have already received an offer for an interview and some have already done their interview. It has been almost two months since I have applied and I have not heard anything from the universities (apart from Manchester). Does this mean that my application is not good enough? Do universities give offers this late for courses like dentistry or medicine?
(Sorry I am really stressed about this)
Reply 1
Original post by dentistry235
Hi,
I have applied to Study dentistry at Cardiff, Newcastle and Bristol university. I have been rejected from Manchester. All my friends who have applied to medicine and dentistry have already received an offer for an interview and some have already done their interview. It has been almost two months since I have applied and I have not heard anything from the universities (apart from Manchester). Does this mean that my application is not good enough? Do universities give offers this late for courses like dentistry or medicine?

I just got rejected too. I have applied to KCL, Birmingham and Bristol. and I haven't received anything either. They sent interviews through Christmas so try not to get stressed over it .
Reply 2
But at the same time I'm stressed as well
Reply 3
did you meet the entry requirements? and also did they tell you why you got rejected ?
Hi,

I haven't heard from them either except Queen Mary which is an interview in January.
This is my third time applying for Dentistry as a graduate with achieved 1st in Biomed and predicted distinction in MSc.
My low UCAT caused me to lose 4 years of my life to other degrees from not getting into Dentistry.:frown:
I still haven't heard from Glasgow as well. Don't worry, universities take time to send interviews. I believe by end or mid January they will have sent their decision.
Reply 6
I've been rejected from 3, including Manchester and Cardiff. Sometimes no news is good news, meaning you're still being considered for interview
Hi,

Newcastle sometimes don't give rejections until March, however with this being said they interview all the way through till March and are known for doing them in batches. I think with the others no news is normally good news, so I wouldn't worry about it as the interviews won't be for a while anyway.
Original post by Sara1498
I haven't heard from them either except Queen Mary which is an interview in January.
This is my third time applying for Dentistry as a graduate with achieved 1st in Biomed and predicted distinction in MSc.
My low UCAT caused me to lose 4 years of my life to other degrees from not getting into Dentistry.:frown:

If you dont mind me asking what did you get for your UCAT
Original post by sadz1234567
If you dont mind me asking what did you get for your UCAT

I got 2360 and band 4 SJT.
How about you?
Original post by Sara1498
I got 2360 and band 4 SJT.
How about you?

2390 band 2
My predicted are 2A* and a A (in maths)
GCSEs: 999988888A*
I think my personal statement is really good

I haven’t received any offers and I’ve applied the Queen Mary, KCL emdp (I’m in K+), UCL for medicine and I’m really scared 😟

Did you also mention an interview in Queen Mary because I haven’t heard back
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by sadz1234567
2390 band 2
My predicted are 2A* and a A (in maths)
GCSEs: 99988888A*
I think my personal statement is really good

I haven’t received any offers and I’ve applied the Queen Mary, KCL emdp (I’m in K+), UCL for medicine and I’m really scared 😟

Did you also mention an interview in Queen Mary because I haven’t heard back

Hi!
I applied for second time for Dentistry as a graduate with achieved 1st in biomed and 40/45 in IB and aiming for a distinction in MSc Nutrition and Food Science.
I applied to Bristol, Cardiff and Belfast and haven't heard from none. I only received an interview from Queen Mary for 30/01. I think they still send interviews you will more likely get one as well very soon. :wink:

Latest