The Student Room Group

Economics A level

Hi- i'm currently choosing my alevels and am wondering what economics at alevel is like. I'm currently doing it at gcse if that helps you answer my question
Reply 1
Original post by Imaan Ansar
Hi- i'm currently choosing my alevels and am wondering what economics at alevel is like. I'm currently doing it at gcse if that helps you answer my question

I didn’t do GCSE economics but I did do a year of A Level economics. You learn about micro and macro economics; in micro you will learn about things like PPE curves and supply and demand but in macro economics you will learn about things such as monetary and fiscal policy and government intervention. It is an essay-based subjects so you will be expected to write long ounces explaining economic theory. However economics at university is much more maths based. And if you want to do economics at university, I would definitely recommend doing A-level economics. Overall it’s a great subject that can be quite difficult at times that links to a lot of other disciplines such as geography, history and politics.

Quick Reply

Latest