The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

The Official Thread for 2020 Entry University of Portsmouth Applicants!

Hello everyone :ciao:!

Here's the official applicants thread for the University of Portsmouth for you all to chat about your applications, offers and meet other applicants too.

You can start off by introducing yourselves to others on these threads by commenting your:

Name/Username:
Course(s) Applied for:
Other Unis Applied to:
Anything Else:

Good luck with your applications, hope to see you here in 2020!:clap2:

If you need any specific help from us - tag University of Portsmouth into your comment and we will reply shortly!

[url=" https://www.facebook.com/groups/442933836341666/ "]Don't forget to join our Applicants Facebook group too!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi guys! My names Lauren and i’ve applied for criminology and criminal justice. Portsmouth is probably my top choice at the moment. I’ve also applied to Gloucestershire, Cardiff, Nottingham Trent and South Wales😊
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
I’ve applied for architecture, I’ve got my interview day tomorrow😬 what am I supposed to where to these things? Is it smart??
@University of Portsmouth What kind of things to people commonly bring to the interview? Is it just like one drawing or more like artist research and does it have to be architecture related?
Original post by LKFox12
Hi guys! My names Lauren and i’ve applied for criminology and criminal justice. Portsmouth is probably my top choice at the moment. I’ve also applied to Gloucestershire, Cardiff, Nottingham Trent and South Wales😊

Original post by maciemcmanus
I’ve applied for architecture, I’ve got my interview day tomorrow😬 what am I supposed to where to these things? Is it smart??

Hi guys!! I applied for sports science and Ports is my first choice. I am just waiting to hear back from them:s-smilie: . I also applied to Brighton, Birmingham, Loughborough and Bedfordshire. What things did you like about ports etc??
Original post by LKFox12

Spoiler

Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys!! I applied for sports science and Ports is my first choice. I am just waiting to hear back from them:s-smilie: . I also applied to Brighton, Birmingham, Loughborough and Bedfordshire. What things did you like about ports etc??

Hey! What i liked most was the actual place the uni is. You have Gunwharf Quays about 10 mins away and then the town about 5 mins away. All the accommodation seems pretty close to classes and they have really nice buildings/classrooms with a lot of cool stuff like a mock law court which is pretty cool! How about you?
Reply 7
Original post by Salamande2345

Spoiler

Hey Salam, is Portsmouth your top choice for criminology? Crimology and Criminal Justice seems like it will be a really interesting course :smile:
Reply 8
@University of Portsmouth What kind of things to people commonly bring to the interview? Is it just like one drawing or more like artist research and does it have to be architecture related?

Hey! hope your interview goes okay. I would dress smart/business casual if it were me as it is an interview after all. Also just take what you think you will need it’s better to take it and not need it than to be asked and not have it :smile:
Original post by LKFox12
Hey Salam, is Portsmouth your top choice for criminology? Crimology and Criminal Justice seems like it will be a really interesting course :smile:

Defo my first choice the facilities are great and I really like the area plus they’ve given me a conditional unconditional
Defo my first choice the facilities are great and I really like the area plus they’ve given me a conditional unconditional

Yeah the uni and the town itself is so nice! It’s my top choice too at the moment. They’ve given me a conditional unconditional too, so i hope to see you in September! What accommodation are you looking at?
Original post by LKFox12
Yeah the uni and the town itself is so nice! It’s my top choice too at the moment. They’ve given me a conditional unconditional too, so i hope to see you in September! What accommodation are you looking at?

Mostly Catherine house and greetham
but tbh I haven’t really looked wbu ?
Mostly Catherine house and greetham
but tbh I haven’t really looked wbu ?

Yeah those two and Rosalind seemed the nicest!
Original post by LKFox12
Yeah those two and Rosalind seemed the nicest!

Ye tbh I don’t really remember like a lot from when I went and I should probs go again have you applied to study criminology?
Ye tbh I don’t really remember like a lot from when I went and I should probs go again have you applied to study criminology?

Yeah i applied for criminology and criminal justice but i’ve just been on an open day to the uni of gloucestershire and liked it much better so i think i’ll go there now haha😂
Original post by LKFox12
Yeah i applied for criminology and criminal justice but i’ve just been on an open day to the uni of gloucestershire and liked it much better so i think i’ll go there now haha😂

Ahh fair enough tbh I wish I looked at more unis

Spoiler

Hi how long did it take for Portsmouth to give you an offer?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi how long did it take for Portsmouth to give you an offer?

Bout ten days they said there’d respond within 14
Hey,
I applied for biomedical sciences and got an ABB offer, unconditional if I put then as my frim.
I also applied to kings college, reading, sussex and keele

My friend applied for that, he had his last week :smile:

Latest