The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website

The official 2019 University of Sunderland accommodation thread

Your official thread to ask and learn about all things accommodation:wavey:

We offer a great choice of accommodation for you to choose from and our rent prices include heating, lighting, water, fuel, Wi-Fi and personal possessions insurance.

Living with other students is a great way to meet new people, and each accommodation residence provides you with the perfect opportunity to make friends with people from around the world.

At our Sunderland Campus, we currently offer the following accommodation:

Clanny House

Panns Bank

Scotia Quay

The Forge U Student Village

Find out more here

All of our accommodation is self-catered, with fully equipped kitchens and onsite coin-operated laundry facilities. We understand the importance of having reliable and fast internet connection, and we can guarantee you 50 Mbps, with unlimited downloads and uploads as standard.

We guarantee accommodation for all students studying in their first year at the University and guarantee international students a room booking throughout the duration of their course.

We know moving away to university is one of the biggest and most exciting decisions you’ll ever make, and you’ll find a home from home at Sunderland. Any questions? Post them below and we'll respond asap.
Kelly :tsr2:

[video="youtube;4uE1kFriDDQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uE1kFriDDQ[/video]
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi, I was just wondering if you had any photos of Scotia Quay as I’ve booked a room but I am unable to attend an open day until 8th June so I am unsure of what it looks like
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website
Hi Chloe,
Here is a link to an album containing images of Scotia Quay. https://www.facebook.com/pg/sunderlanduniversity/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10155436261356793
You can also contact our Accommodation Office who can arrange a visit for you should you wish to see the facilities before the Open Day.
They can be contacted on +44 (0)191 515 2943 / [email protected]

Let me know if you have any more questions :smile:
Original post by Chloe_88
Hi, I was just wondering if you had any photos of Scotia Quay as I’ve booked a room but I am unable to attend an open day until 8th June so I am unsure of what it looks like
I'm about to apply to Panns Bank accomodation, but I won't be able to see the rooms until 8th June I was wondering if you had any better quality images or videos of the rooms because the ones online I have found are pretty bad quality. Thank you
Hi there,

Here is a link to an album containing images of Scotia Quay https://www.facebook.com/pg/sunderlanduniversity/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10155436286786793
You can also contact our Accommodation Office who can arrange a visit for you should you wish to see the facilities before the Open Day.
They can be contacted on +44 (0)191 515 2943 / [email protected]

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks
Original post by Bambi_5218
I'm about to apply to Panns Bank accomodation, but I won't be able to see the rooms until 8th June I was wondering if you had any better quality images or videos of the rooms because the ones online I have found are pretty bad quality. Thank you
How does it work if you are starting your course in April, as I am unsure if there will be somewhere for me to live or will I be better off looking for private rent elsewhere?
Original post by RebeccaIvin
How does it work if you are starting your course in April, as I am unsure if there will be somewhere for me to live or will I be better off looking for private rent elsewhere?

Hi Rebecca,

It's the exact same process when applying for an April start. Students are guaranteed a single study bedroom if you are a new, full-time, first-year undergraduate student applying for University accommodation (including The Forge U-Student Village) and accept the University of Sunderland as your firm (first) or insurance (second) choice.

Which accommodation option were you considering?
Original post by UniversityOfSunderland
Hi Rebecca,

It's the exact same process when applying for an April start. Students are guaranteed a single study bedroom if you are a new, full-time, first-year undergraduate student applying for University accommodation (including The Forge U-Student Village) and accept the University of Sunderland as your firm (first) or insurance (second) choice.

Which accommodation option were you considering?

I’m really wanting scotia quay, don’t suppose you know when I will get any information about it as have had nothing yet and I have firmed my choices
Original post by RebeccaIvin
I’m really wanting scotia quay, don’t suppose you know when I will get any information about it as have had nothing yet and I have firmed my choices

Hi Rebecca,
The accommodation team will be allocating places over the next few weeks so you shouldn't be waiting too much longer.
Should you wish to contact Accommodation directly regarding your application, you can do so on 44 (0)191 515 2943 / [email protected]
Thanks,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending