Oxford

Official OXFORD 2020 Postgraduate Applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi!
- Current University: the University of Nottingham, BSc (Hons) Management
- Grade (Obtained): 1:1
- Prospective Course: MSc Envrionmental Change and Management
- Prospective College: St Johns (tbh they all look)
- Fun fact/ extra-curricular: co-founded a social supermarket to combat food poverty and food waste in my local area while at Uni. Ranked 1st in the final year for grades.

Super nervous/stressed about this round of applications, as I applied last year for a few different unis and was rejected (eeek!) Fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 41
Original post by liyee2
Hi!
- Current University: the University of Nottingham, BSc (Hons) Management
- Grade (Obtained): 1:1
- Prospective College: St Johns (tbh they all look)
- Fun fact/ extra-curricular: co-founded a social supermarket to combat food poverty and food waste in my local area while at Uni. Ranked 1st in the final year for grades.

Super nervous/stressed about this round of applications, as I applied last year for a few different unis and was rejected (eeek!) Fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone :smile:

Hi, I'm also applying to the same program and I'm super nervous about it. I hope we both get in! Its the first time I apply, and I am unused to the waiting period. Any ideas how to get more info, or what I should be aware of?

- University: the University of Lima (Peru), Lawyer
- Grade (Obtained): 2:1
- Prospective College: random
- Fun fact/ extra-curricular: Specialized in fisheries for the ast 7 years (starting as an intern)
Reply 42
Original post by saneta
Hi, I'm also applying to the same program and I'm super nervous about it. I hope we both get in! Its the first time I apply, and I am unused to the waiting period. Any ideas how to get more info, or what I should be aware of?

- University: the University of Lima (Peru), Lawyer
- Grade (Obtained): 2:1
- Prospective College: random
- Fun fact/ extra-curricular: Specialized in fisheries for the ast 7 years (starting as an intern)

Hi there! It's great to find another person applying for this course! I found out all my info on the programme page - it was pretty detailed :smile: Your fisheries experience sounds really cool! How did you get into that?
- Current University: UEA
- Achieved (Expected) Grade: 2:1
- Prospective Course: PGCE English
- Prospective College: unknown

Hey, if anyone else has applied to Oxford PGCE let me know, I had my interview 2 weeks ago and they haven't responded yet so I'm a bit worried (I really don't want to be left on reject by default, I'd rather they just told me yes or no).
Reply 44
Hi! - University: University of Lima (Peru), Lawyer-Grade (Obtained): 2:1- Prospective Course: also MSc Envrionmental Change and Management!- Prospective College: didnt select- Fun fact/ extra-curricular: I've worked in fisheries for 8 years (starting as an intern)I'm mega nervous about the selection process, any ideas how to follow/interpret the status changes?
Reply 45
Original post by liyee2
Hi there! It's great to find another person applying for this course! I found out all my info on the programme page - it was pretty detailed :smile: Your fisheries experience sounds really cool! How did you get into that?

Well, just chance. I applied for an internship and learnt to love it. I enjoy that its law with a strong environmental and technical component, that takes me out of only law.
I think your social supermarket sounds amazing, its great that you are so proactive! How did you get involved on food security issues?
Reply 46
- Current University: Imperial College London
- Achieved (Expected) Grade: 1st
- Prospective Course: Pharmacology Masters
- Prospective College: Keble (maybe)
- Fun fact/extracurricular activities: Also interested in consulting in the future :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by saneta
I'm mega nervous about the selection process, any ideas how to follow/interpret the status changes?

My strongly-urged advice to everyone would be to try to think about the process as little as possible while it is happening.

Once you've put the application in, the rest of the process isn't something you can affect by thinking about it, and thinking about it is, meanwhile, quite likely to negatively affect you (if you're given to worrying, at least). So I'd suggest regarding the process as a black box which you have no interest in or insight into, and getting on with the rest of life in the meantime.
Reply 48
- Current university: Graduated from University College London and am now teaching at La Sorbonne in Paris.
- Achieved grade: 1st
- Prospective course: MSt Modern Languages
- Prospective college: Lady Margaret Hall

Best of luck to everyone!
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi all !

I graduated this year with a first in International Relations and I'm currently interning at the UN. I've applied to Msc in Global Governance and Diplomacy (Department of International Development) and since I submitted all the documents before the November deadline, I guess it's possible to receive the decision by January/early Feb next year.

Pleaseee let me know if you're applying to the same course! I'm really nervous about this.

And good luck for everyone, we're all in this together :u:
Hi, I'm also applying for the MSc in Global Governance and Diplomacy. I was wondering if the bibliography is included in the word count for any written work we submit? :smile:
what on earth are we supposed to put on the academic CV? I'm in my final year of university now so he extent of my academic achievements is basically just *my degree*... help?
Reply 52
Original post by EllaWelly
what on earth are we supposed to put on the academic CV? I'm in my final year of university now so he extent of my academic achievements is basically just *my degree*... help?

In many fields (including English, which IIRC is what you're applying for), they won't expect much on the CV of someone doing their first degree at present, so don't worry too much about it. If you happen to have won any prizes / awards / small grants during your undergraduate studies, or if you've presented anything at something like an undergraduate conference, or if you've done any relevant extra-curricular things (student journalism, say?), throw those in. But if not don't worry. Your academic performance on your degree, your statement of purpose and your references will matter much more.
Original post by Santa.Monica.123
Hi, I'm also applying for the MSc in Global Governance and Diplomacy. I was wondering if the bibliography is included in the word count for any written work we submit? :smile:

Yes, it is:
https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/courses/msc-global-governance-and-diplomacy?wssl=1
Hi
I am applying for MSc Neuroscience. In my final year of Speech and Language Therapy at a Russell Group Uni. Predicted a high 2.1 or first. Have had some neurology experience due to placement and some modules on my course. Been to some neuro conferences/talks too so hoping I might have a chance. Anyone else applying to it or know how competitive it is or just general info?
Reply 55
Hey everyone.

Just wondering if there will be a status change on the self service system when your application has been reviewed? Does Oxford reject people early on or all on a specific date?

Also, for those who applied for the November deadline: if there is no interview invitation in December, can I assume that I have not been considered?
Just got an interview invite for DPhil in Internet, Communication, and the Social Sciences today - applied for Nov 15 deadline.
Original post by beriksson
Just got an interview invite for DPhil in Internet, Communication, and the Social Sciences today - applied for Nov 15 deadline.

Wow congratulations ! Break a leg :smile:
Original post by beriksson

Congratulations!! When is it?
Just applied for the MPhil in European Politics & Society. Now the waiting begins.. Good luck to everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending