The Student Room Group

Korean Studies 2020 applicants

Hey so I made this thread and hopefully everyone applying to Korean studies can get to know each other.

My name is Jasmine and I'm currently in year 13. I will be applying for 2020 entry at these unis:
Korean studies - Sheffield uni (most likely to be my firm choice)
TESOL and Korean - UCLan
Korean, TESOL & linguistics

Hopefully people find this thread and it will be nice to get to know everyone :smile:

@Puddles the Monkey

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jazzieapple
Hey so I made this thread and hopefully everyone applying to Korean studies can get to know each other.

My name is Jasmine and I'm currently in year 13. I will be applying for 2020 entry at these unis:
TESOL and Korean - UCLan

Hopefully people find this thread and it will be nice to get to know everyone :smile:

@Puddles the Monkey

Moved to the Foreign languages forum :smile:

TESOL and Korean - UCLan

@Puddles the Monkey

Hey, I'm a recent graduate from the School of East Asian Studies at Sheffield so feel free to message me with any questions :smile:

TESOL and Korean - UCLan

@Puddles the Monkey

Hey! I’m applying for Japanese Studies 2020 entry at: Sheffield (most likely my firm too!), Manchester, UClan (Asia Pacific Studies - Japanese), Durham and Soas
Reply 4
Original post by Dani—
Hey! I’m applying for Japanese Studies 2020 entry at: Sheffield (most likely my firm too!), Manchester, UClan (Asia Pacific Studies - Japanese), Durham and Soas

Check your DMs :smile:

TESOL and Korean - UCLan

@Puddles the Monkey

Hi!
My name is Lucy and I also applied for 2020 entry for Korean Studies at Sheffield (most likely my firm too), along with Korean at SOAS, Asia Pacific Studies & Korean at UCLan, Japanese at Leeds and Japanese Studies at Manchester. Yesterday I received an offer from Sheffield and I've also had offers from Leeds and UCLan. Looking forward to getting to know other applicants :smile:
Reply 6
Hey check your dms :smile:
Reply 7

TESOL and Korean - UCLan

@Puddles the Monkey

Hi! I'm also applying for Korean 2020.

I am applying for:
Sheffield
UCLan
SOAS
York St. Johns

:smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Piink
Hi! I'm also applying for Korean 2020.

I am applying for:
Sheffield
UCLan
SOAS
York St. Johns

:smile:

Check your dms :smile:
Reply 9
Just out of general curiosity - is there anyone who has been self-teaching Korean at all beforehand? I have been for a few months.
Reply 10
Original post by Nebu72
Just out of general curiosity - is there anyone who has been self-teaching Korean at all beforehand? I have been for a few months.

I had been last year for almost a year. I’ve since then stopped to focus more on my a levels :smile:
I’m hoping to do either TESOL and Korean in UCLan or Korean, TESOL and linguistics in York. I want to be a teacher overseas so I need to do TESOL 😂
Reply 12
Hello,
I have applied for (SHEFFEILD) BA KOREAN - offered AAB
and (SOAS) BA KOREAN - still waiting...
for 2020
Hi I’ve also applied for 2020 Korean studies with music at SOAS or Sheffield. Sheffield being my firm and I’ve been self teaching myself Korean for over a year now
Reply 14
Hi I’m applying in 2020

for

The university of Sheffield
UCLAN
York St. John’s

If any one has any advice or tips I’d really appreciate it 😭
Reply 15
I have an offer for Korean studies with Japanese !! :smile:
Hi, I will be applying for these same courses for entry in 2021 😊

TESOL and Korean - UCLan

@Puddles the Monkey

Hey! I'm Bambi, second year college student. I applied to the Uni of Sheffield for Korean Studies and got an offer. I'm real happy I've found others who applied for the same thing, I was scared I wouldn't be able to make any friends.
Reply 18
Has everyone who's going to Sheffield applied for accommodation yet? It would be nice to be in the same halls as language learners :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Piink
Has everyone who's going to Sheffield applied for accommodation yet? It would be nice to be in the same halls as language learners :smile:

Hey I’m learning Korean at Sheffield Uni and I’ve applied for accommodation at Endcliffe 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending