The Student Room Group

University of Bath Pharmacy interview

Hi,
I have my pharmacy interview at Bath on Saturday and only recieved the email for it today :frown:. I'm very nervous as i have such little time to prepare and i've never done a pharmaceutical calculations and situational judgement test. Can any one help me out and let me know how many questions these tests include and how long each one is? Any specific questions anyone can remember from doing such tests for a pharmacy interview? Any help is much appreciated. :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
I did my interview back in December I believe (or maybe January). For the pharmaceutical calculations, they give you 10 minutes to answer 2 questions. It's without a calculator, so make sure you are able to multiply and divide without one. I can't exactly remember the questions I'm afraid.
The situational judgement part is when you sit in a small room with a lecturer, they give you a scenario and you tell them what you would do, and explain why.

I found it a bit stressing as it was my first interview, but they were all very nice (not scary).
Reply 2
Original post by randomsheep11
I did my interview back in December I believe (or maybe January). For the pharmaceutical calculations, they give you 10 minutes to answer 2 questions. It's without a calculator, so make sure you are able to multiply and divide without one. I can't exactly remember the questions I'm afraid.
The situational judgement part is when you sit in a small room with a lecturer, they give you a scenario and you tell them what you would do, and explain why.

I found it a bit stressing as it was my first interview, but they were all very nice (not scary).

Ahh i see. I feel much better about the calculations test now.
How many situational judgement questions did the lecturer ask?
Original post by mars2006
Ahh i see. I feel much better about the calculations test now.
How many situational judgement questions did the lecturer ask?

Just 1 scenario :smile:
Reply 4
Hi, I have my interview tomorrow, I was told that it was gonna be a panel interview. what sort of things did they ask?
Original post by randomsheep11
Just 1 scenario :smile:

do they expect you to have an answer straight away or do you get time to think about it, maybe write something down before you answer??
Original post by aneri_shukla1
do they expect you to have an answer straight away or do you get time to think about it, maybe write something down before you answer??

Well it would be fine to ponder on a few ideas for about 10 seconds maybe, but ideally you would be able to think of something relatively quickly. After all, it's in a conversation like format.
I did my interview in November and have got an offer!! For the situational judgment section they give you 5 minutes to think about your answer and write down notes on a piece of paper, and then you talk about your answer for 3 minutes and they have a checklist of things they expect you to say so honestly go for the answers you would expect they want to hear. I would recommend actually writing down notes because they take the paper in from you presumably to look at when considering you. For the 'panel' interview it was an 8 minute conversation with one person and it does just feel like a chat - they just ask the basic questions like why Bath? What are the values of a pharmacist? stuff like that. For the maths part there's two questions and i think they use the same ones every time ngl. The first question is easy, second one needs a bit more thinking but again you've got 8 minutes so it's enough time. Good luck with your interview, you'll be fine I promise just stay relaxed.
Original post by ciaramcpherson
I did my interview in November and have got an offer!! For the situational judgment section they give you 5 minutes to think about your answer and write down notes on a piece of paper, and then you talk about your answer for 3 minutes and they have a checklist of things they expect you to say so honestly go for the answers you would expect they want to hear. I would recommend actually writing down notes because they take the paper in from you presumably to look at when considering you. For the 'panel' interview it was an 8 minute conversation with one person and it does just feel like a chat - they just ask the basic questions like why Bath? What are the values of a pharmacist? stuff like that. For the maths part there's two questions and i think they use the same ones every time ngl. The first question is easy, second one needs a bit more thinking but again you've got 8 minutes so it's enough time. Good luck with your interview, you'll be fine I promise just stay relaxed.

Thanks, I was really nervous it's my first interview and I don't want to mess it up, you really helped thanks.
np. hope it goes well :smile:
Do they ask questions about your personal statement?
Original post by Rafi3101
Do they ask questions about your personal statement?

no they dont but they ask you about the work experience that you did and what skills you developed from it. hope that helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending