The Student Room Group
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London

St George's University of London 2020 applicants

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to St George's for 2020!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>
Hi all!

I am a 4th year medical student at St. George's so please feel free to fire away any questions and I will do my best to answer them!!

Best Wishes,
MJ
4th Year of MBBS
Official Rep of St. George's
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London
Reply 2
Original post by St George's University of London
Hi all!

I am a 4th year medical student at St. George's so please feel free to fire away any questions and I will do my best to answer them!!

Best Wishes,
MJ
4th Year of MBBS
Official Rep of St. George's

Hello MJ,
I was invited to an MMI at St George's in December. It was my first interview for university, I definitely could have done better but I don't think I did too bad. I was just wondering when should I expect to hear back from the university to let me know if I got an offer or not,
Regards
How old are the oldest mature students in the graduate entry course?
Biomedical Science applicants?
I would also like to know about oldest mature students how old? Also is St G still asking for standardised teats in Covid era?
First year paramedic student starting September! Excited to finally get here. I’m In my early 30’s for a previous post. Age is but a number.
Hi @Secondcareer and @csnow2018

I don't know for sure how old the oldest mature students are but I can say that we have students of a variety of ages, including recently a paramed student who was on his 4th career choice. Age is definitely just a number and people integrate into the George's family and enjoy societies and everything that comes with being a George's student no matter what their age is.

Hope that's helpful!
Best Wishes
Lauren
2nd Year Biomedical Science Student
SGUL Official Rep
Original post by dhwani2808
Biomedical Science applicants?

Hi @dhwani2808

Here is the Biomedical Science SGUL 2020 Applicants thread - a good place to look to find and connect with other people considering Biomed at George's.

Hope that's helpful,
Lauren
SGUL Official Rep
Reply 9
Hi, is there any group chats for people going to St Georges? :smile:
Original post by amnahaa
Hi, is there any group chats for people going to St Georges? :smile:

Hi @amnahaa

I've done some research, and this is what I've found:
On Facebook, there is this group where you can meet other offer holders
Closer to September, there should be groups appearing for each course named after your graduation year, so keep an eye out for that.
There is also threads on TSR for each subject, if you search SGUL and then what you're going to study, you should be able to find some others.

Hope that's helpful!
Lauren
SGUL Official Rep
I’m an international student wanting to applying to St George’s university. I’ll be writing my A level in October/November 2020 so I will be starting next year as a 2021 applicant.I haven’t gotten my predicted results but I hope to get AAA.My O level results aren’t so good. I got 1A, 4B’s and 4C’s.Do you think I should even try applying?
Original post by Lalipatas
I’m an international student wanting to applying to St George’s university. I’ll be writing my A level in October/November 2020 so I will be starting next year as a 2021 applicant.I haven’t gotten my predicted results but I hope to get AAA.My O level results aren’t so good. I got 1A, 4B’s and 4C’s.Do you think I should even try applying?

Hi @Lalipatas

Grades: 5 subjects graded B (6) or above
Subjects: Five subjects which must include English Language, Maths and Science (Double or Triple Award)

So if you have the grade A and 4 Bs in the above subjects as a minimum, I believe you would be considered. However, I can't confirm this for definite, so I would call our Enquiries line on +44 (0)20 3897 2032 and they should be able to confirm.

Hope that helps!
Lauren
SGUL Official Rep
Original post by St George's, University of London
Hi @Lalipatas

Grades: 5 subjects graded B (6) or above
Subjects: Five subjects which must include English Language, Maths and Science (Double or Triple Award)

So if you have the grade A and 4 Bs in the above subjects as a minimum, I believe you would be considered. However, I can't confirm this for definite, so I would call our Enquiries line on +44 (0)20 3897 2032 and they should be able to confirm.

Hope that helps!
Lauren
SGUL Official Rep

Thank you very much. I will do so xx.
I’m applying for St. George’s clearing for Med. Any tips for MMI please and doing interviews remotely
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to St George's for 2020!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

I will be to applying for Physician Associate course when application reopen. I believe St George does part time I wonder how do they work out placements? Can I do placements outside London if I study part time? Can anyone help please? Thanks
Hi there @Mimi2014

I'm not 100% sure on this, so your best bet is to email the admissions department on [email protected]. The other option is to go onto the SGUL website, under the Physician's Associate information, there is an option to speak to a current student who would be in a better position to advise.

Hope that helps.
Lauren
SGUL Official Rep
Original post by Demi.star
I’m applying for St. George’s clearing for Med. Any tips for MMI please and doing interviews remotely

Hi @Demi.star

In terms of it being remotely, prepare for it as you would for any other MMI. They have tried to design it to be as similar to an in-person interview so the best way to prepare would be as you were planning to for a normal MMI.
Some general tips for MMI's are:
- Even if it is remote, dress smartly and prepare well
- Make sure you are going into the interview having done some extra reading
- Don't just talk about what experience you have got, talk about what skills you have gained from that experience
Overall, just try and relax and answer every question to the best of your ability and remember all stations are separate, so if you mess up on one try to just shake it off and move on to the next one without letting it affect you. One bad station doesn't mean you won't get a place.

Hope that helps!
Lauren
SGUL Official Rep
Original post by St George's, University of London
Hi @Demi.star

In terms of it being remotely, prepare for it as you would for any other MMI. They have tried to design it to be as similar to an in-person interview so the best way to prepare would be as you were planning to for a normal MMI.
Some general tips for MMI's are:
- Even if it is remote, dress smartly and prepare well
- Make sure you are going into the interview having done some extra reading
- Don't just talk about what experience you have got, talk about what skills you have gained from that experience
Overall, just try and relax and answer every question to the best of your ability and remember all stations are separate, so if you mess up on one try to just shake it off and move on to the next one without letting it affect you. One bad station doesn't mean you won't get a place.

Hope that helps!
Lauren
SGUL Official Rep

Thank you so much. This is v helpful
Hi, I finished Physiotherapy in Romania and I`m trying to choose a Master here, but not sure which one should I choose. I`m interested more in practical work than theoretical work. Can you give me an advise?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending