The Student Room Group

A-level Subjects for Social Sciences Programme

Don’t students who did not take Psychology or Sociology as A-level have chances to get into the programmes of Social Sciences,even if there is no required A-level subject officially?
Yes if there’s no subject entry requirement as long as you show an interest in your personal statement. But for psychology it may vary for uni because I think for Newcastle uni they want a subject in science because the psychology degree there are more science based so it depends what aspects you like of psychology and what the uni wants.
Reply 2
Original post by PetitePanda
Yes if there’s no subject entry requirement as long as you show an interest in your personal statement. But for psychology it may vary for uni because I think for Newcastle uni they want a subject in science because the psychology degree there are more science based so it depends what aspects you like of psychology and what the uni wants.

Thank you for your reply.

If some Social Science degrees contains compulsory modules of Psychology in their first-year curriculum, does experience of Psychology as A-level become decisive in a time of consideration?

Or is it sufficient for applicants to show broader interests in discipline of social sciences including Psychology in their personal statements?
Original post by Hinatazaka
Thank you for your reply.

If some Social Science degrees contains compulsory modules of Psychology in their first-year curriculum, does experience of Psychology as A-level become decisive in a time of consideration?

Or is it sufficient for applicants to show broader interests in discipline of social sciences including Psychology in their personal statements?

I don’t think so if you work hard because there’s more people than you think that didn’t take psychology so you’ll probably learn the same content but it’ll just take some time for you to understand. I don’t understand your second question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending