The Student Room Group

PWC Technology Flying Start 2020

Hey everyone!

This thread is for all 2020 applicants of PWC Tech apprenticeships / degree courses:

** Computer Science with Digital Technology Partnership - University of Birmingham
** Computer Science (Digital & Technology Solutions) - University of Leeds
** Software Engineering with Digital Technology Partnership - Queen's University Belfast
** Data Science - University of Edinburgh
** Data Science - University of St Andrews

Would be great to hear the experience from existing students and also how the applications are going for student currently applying.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I’m interested in applying for the Flykng Start Program at Leeds University but I can’t find any information about how to actually apply for the course/program. Do I apply through UCAS? And if so do I need to specify it’s with PWC?
Reply 2
Anyone know if there's a catch to this program like having to work for PwC for some amount of time afterwards? (other than the degrees appearing very tailored to work in their company)
Hello, Im looking to apply for computer science with pwc at leeds, could anyone explain the process to me?
Original post by Eunan2002
Hello, Im looking to apply for computer science with pwc at leeds, could anyone explain the process to me?

Is this for the degree apprenticeship or school leaver program?
Original post by tleath13
I’m interested in applying for the Flykng Start Program at Leeds University but I can’t find any information about how to actually apply for the course/program. Do I apply through UCAS? And if so do I need to specify it’s with PWC?

Yeah you need to apply through UCAS, visit their website and find the technology degree apprenticeship at Leeds and it will have a link to their UCAS page. I'm not sure whether you have to specify if it's with PwC or not though, maybe if you contact them they will give you a clear answer.
Reply 6
has any1 done the career conversation for the technology flying start
Reply 7
Original post by AiAiAi
has any1 done the career conversation for the technology flying start

If you mean the video thing going through a week at pwc, then yes I did it last week.
Reply 8
Original post by Goku012
How did it go? What type of questions did they ask?

It’s not really that difficult. They just present you with a situation and give you 4 possible actions to take. You tick the one you think is best and cross the one you think is the worst.
Reply 9
Original post by Goku012
what about the interview. what did they ask in the interview?

I haven’t done it yet, only just done the game based assessment. How long through the process are you?
Do you have to pass the situational test to do the game?
Original post by Goku012
I'm not sure but as soon as I completed the situational judgement I got an email to do the game based assessment.

Have you done the game based assessment?

If you have is it better to do it on mobile or laptop?
Original post by Natalie Munonye
Have you done the game based assessment?

If you have is it better to do it on mobile or laptop?

I just did it. Got rejected
(edited 4 years ago)

Oh no, I think you may get automatically considered for the computer science degree without the PWC element. How was the game based assessment?
Reply 14
Original post by Goku012
I've applied to two universities for the flying start programme so if I fail the pwc tests do I get rejected from both universities?

From both the apprenticeships yes but not from the unis
Original post by Digiadam
Oh no, I think you may get automatically considered for the computer science degree without the PWC element. How was the game based assessment?

It was literally a game with a Numerical test at the end. It tests your reflexes, but at the end they give you a report on your behaviour which I’m confused as to how they got that from someone’s reflexes.

But I think it’s about how quickly you grasp the game concept as well and learn patterns.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Goku012
Hi. Has anyone done the career conversation (online interview) for PWC flying start programme accounting? What type of questions do they ask in the career

This thread is for those applying to technology degree apprenticeships with PWC. It would be best for you to start another thread or join the many other threads that relate directly to PWC accounting. You would most likely find better answers there.
what are your a level predictions
How long did it take you to hear from PwC after you did the Career Unlocked games based assessment ?

How did you find out? I've had an email saying I've completed it but it only had a "feedback report" which didn't mention anything about results.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending