The Student Room Group

What will happen to the NHS?

Hi everyone.

So, I thought we should address the elephant in the room. I just wanted clarification (perhaps from people who aren't dramatic) about the position of the NHS if Boris J wins the election.

After viewing 'Goodbye NHS' trending on twitter, it seems the British population may be the ones being a little dramatic. The NHS surely can't be privatised because it wasn't enclosed in the manifesto by Boris? I assume a lot of this talk about the NHS 'being sold' to America is just rumours/talk because surely nobody would stand behind a party which would be willing to do that. (Given so many of Johnson's supporters are hardly privileged themselves and it'd be nonsensical).

I personally do not entirely oppose/support any party entirely because they all seem to sell so many false promises which inevitably won't be delivered. So what's the situation with the NHS?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
While parties don't have to follow their manifesto perfectly, Boris has specifically promised that the NHS won't be sold off and for good reason: doing so would be political suicide for the tories. I honestly don't think you'll notice many changes to it.
I’m hoping nothing will happen!
Either way , the NHS will still kill you in the end
Original post by study beats

Can we get some optimism up in here, hunny?

This is a sad time to be alive.
Original post by AlwaysBroke.

Tell me about it , we were all screwed from the very start .

The NHS is a graveyard , this goes for all sectors
Original post by AlwaysBroke.

Why is everyone on this thread being so dramatic..
Reply 8
Original post by cheerIeader
Why is everyone on this thread being so dramatic..

Because it drains us. If not kept in some halfway limbo they are shunted into a rest home and from there... disinherit their offspring resulting in homelessness and despair of the young!
Tell me about it , we were all screwed from the very start .

The NHS is a graveyard , this goes for all sectors

Sometimes people can’t be helped. It’s the NHS, not some divine figure.
It's saved. More investment
Basically, without being dramatic the NHS will remain pretty much as it is. My money is waiting times will increase slightly but nothing much else will change.

Labours plans were a load of rubbish anyway so they deserve everything they get tonight
Original post by M.artynal
Sometimes people can’t be helped. It’s the NHS, not some divine figure.

I am not expecting it to be some divine figure .

But I am also not expecting it to be so corrupt
Can we get some optimism up in here, hunny?

Save your optimism for my son and myself. About to be made homeless because the family home we loved for 3 generations is about to be sold to pay for a mum who no longer recognises us and messes herself. We love her still but am sure this is not what she wanted. She just sits there in her own poop... nice here, innit? All free, you know? Who are you, btw? Haven't the heart to tell her otherwise.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by SteveyStack
Basically, without being dramatic the NHS will remain pretty much as it is. My money is waiting times will increase slightly but nothing much else will change.

Labours plans were a load of rubbish anyway so they deserve everything they get tonight

From the image itself and the things they were promising I preferred Labour but I feel like....perhaps they promised far too much than they could deliver? In fact I feel like Labour was promising TOO much and they wouldn't even be able to accomplish even half of it. I don't like Conservative much either having said that but perhaps they'll be able to achieve something relatively better or at least maintain most things as they are.
Hard to say, those "40 new hospitals" will not get built within Tory's leadership. There is simply not enough time to plan, get the necessary approvals and build in the time frame.

I say this is someone in the hospital building industry, it can take years just to get a car park extension done let alone a whole new hospital.
Original post by Vinny C
Save your optimism for my son and myself. About to be made homeless because the family home we loved for 3 generations is about to be sold to pay for a mum who no longer recognises us and messes herself. We love her still but are sure this is not what she wanted. She just sits there in her own poop... nice here, innit? All free, you know. Haven't the heart to tell her otherwise.

I am...so sorry to hear that hun.

I can see how difficult your problems are but I don't think Labour winning will magically solve problems. Don't get me wrong I was all for the Labour party and love their manifesto I just genuinely do not believe they can deliver as much as they promise. Having said that, I feel the exact same way about the Conservative party. The only reason I wanted clarification about the NHS in particular because I'd rather it stays relatively the same compared to going really downhill from here. I know it isn't the best but it beats the alternative of us having to pay for absolutely everything.
I am...so sorry to hear that hun.

I can see how difficult your problems are but I don't think Labour winning will magically solve problems. Don't get me wrong I was all for the Labour party and love their manifesto I just genuinely do not believe they can deliver as much as they promise. Having said that, I feel the exact same way about the Conservative party. The only reason I wanted clarification about the NHS in particular because I'd rather it stays relatively the same compared to going really downhill from here. I know it isn't the best but it beats the alternative of us having to pay for absolutely everything.

Neither do I. No one will dare to put the NHS into hock... it will lose too many votes. Hate Boris... in 2016, he created this problem... but my concern is Corbyn. he will put the nation into hock.
As long as my broken arm gets fixed for free and not 6 grand im couldnt give a **** what happens to the nhs
Original post by Vinny C
Neither do I. No one will dare to put the NHS into hock... it will lose too many votes. Hate Boris... in 2016, he created this problem... but my concern is Corbyn. he will put the nation into hock.

Heavy taxes ofc. Wheres he getting the money to do all this stuff. Its times like this where i wish the KDP existed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending