The Student Room Group

Boris will not win a majority

Remember how much BS the polls were last time?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=71105076&highlight=Theresa%20may%20will%20not%20win%20a%20majority

I think a hung parliament is the best he can hope for frankly. Which would put us in a chaotic position. But I think Labour can win.

Scroll to see replies

Just imagine how bad Labour is, to still not be on the cards for most people. They destroy the country each time they get in. Their promises are pure fantasy.
Reply 2
I like that the 1st response to that thread is @Reality Check
who mocked you saying that May wont not get a majority.
Reply 3
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
But I think Labour can win.

I too hope Labour will win.
But.. Brexit.
If it was not for brexit Labour would be having a landslide.
I fear that a lot of people care more about getting brexit done than having policies in place that actually benefit them.
Original post by umbrella321
Just imagine how bad Labour is, to still not be on the cards for most people. They destroy the country each time they get in. Their promises are pure fantasy.

Exactly. Pay may rise now but young voters, expect your real wages to fall when the government has no choice but to put up taxes and cut a fiscal deficit we only just started to reduce. It’s a matter of when not if.
Original post by adam271
But.. Brexit.
I fear that a lot of people care more about getting brexit done than having policies in place that actually benefit them.

I voted leave (not 100% sure what I'll vote next time on the EU) but there is no way I would ever vote for these Tory snakes. They are reprehensible and I know what they will do with leave.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
🌹Vote Labour 🌹
Original post by umbrella321

For a start, they are on the cards and the only Tory groundswell is for leave, which is to be expected. Secondly, they have sod all to do with Nulab, that's what all the civil war is about. And thirdly, how come our manifesto is independently costed and the Tories isn't? We'd get ****ed by a Tory brexit, apart from the richest, whereas Labour's customs Union is economically pragmatic.
Reply 8
Kind of ironic that Nigel has given Boris the biggest chance of forming a majority.
Yet the Lib Dems yet again put party before country and do not side with Labour to get what they want which is a peoples refrendum.

It would be funny if it was not so damaging. Remember at the start of the campaign when Jo Swinson thought she had a shot at ALL the remain vote?
She complety ruined her chances because people know that a peoples refrendum is at least somewhat democratic. Unlike just cancelling brexit. I suspect she will be doing a lot of backpeddling shortly just like she did when she was in power with the tories and handing out austerity.
Original post by adam271
Kind of ironic that Nigel has given Boris the biggest chance of forming a majority.
Yet the Lib Dems yet again put party before country and do not side with Labour to get what they want which is a peoples refrendum.

It would be funny if it was not so damaging. Remember at the start of the campaign when Jo Swinson thought she had a shot at ALL the remain vote?
She complety ruined her chances because people know that a peoples refrendum is at least somewhat democratic. Unlike just cancelling brexit. I suspect she will be doing a lot of backpeddling shortly just like she did when she was in power with the tories and handing out austerity.

Can't put into words how shallow and silly what the lib dems are doing is.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=71105076&highlight=Theresa%20may%20will%20not%20win%20a%20majority

I think a hung parliament is the best he can hope for frankly. Which would put us in a chaotic position. But I think Labour can win.

A hung parliament is the worst possible outcome, it will cause serious economic damage and continue to wipe out jobs, particularly in manufacture and construction.
Original post by adam271
But.. Brexit.

We care about democracy more and doing the least damage to the country.
Original post by Burton Bridge
We care about democracy more and doing the least damage to the country.

So Corbyn is anti democratic as well now? :eek:
The exit poll has been pretty acurate during the last two elections.
Original post by Burton Bridge
A hung parliament is the worst possible outcome, it will cause serious economic damage and continue to wipe out jobs, particularly in manufacture and construction.

I didnt say I wanted one. I genuinely think after what happened last time, that it might be the best Boris can expect.
Original post by adam271

He lying to us about brexit, hes going to offer us remain vs remain in name only to fix a renain outcome. This will maks profound to our country and its faith in democracy, when the naive he manages to con wake up to see how they have been betrayed
I didnt say I wanted one. I genuinely think after what happened last time, that it might be the best Boris can expect.

Arr fair play, I hope not mate, we need a majority government of whatever colour to provide us with direction.

I wonder if you might want to revise this prediction now? Labour are being wiped out in traditonal seats. If they had campaigned on leave they would be doing much better. But Corbyn was held back by a bunch of lying remainers like Rebecca Long Bailey. Awful woman. Crux of the matter is you don't give the British a vote on something then not honour it, regardless of what it is or if you agree with the result or not. And Labour (old Labour) at least did have the guts to see the EU for what it is, now they are hopeless. I would have voted Labour over the Tories had they been for a real brexit. Even with Corbyn!
Reply 18
awkwardddddddddd
Original post by adam271

Sure he is... as much as 17.4 million ***** forced them all to be. You voted for them to deliver the undeliverable. The fields of sunny delight as promised by Boris and co. Remain warned of chaos and ****... seems that is what you have got!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending