The Student Room Group

Is Labour officially dead?

A dire result for them, returning just over 200 lawmakers, can they bounce back in the next election ? I was shocked Boris won such a big majority really.

Scroll to see replies

Oh I wasn't shocked Tory won to be honest!!! I knew they would hence why I voted for them!!! The UK has spoken and that's what matters now 😁
Original post by DeesideEwan
A dire result for them, returning just over 200 lawmakers, can they bounce back in the next election ? I was shocked Boris won such a big majority really.

Depends who they get as leader. There will always be an opposition and this election had some extraordinary factors.
Brexit+ Corbyn+ silly spending plans + too far left.

Country naturally conservative / middle ground.

Just goes to show that when you have a biased media, you can ignore the law, lie, cheat, and get away with it, and the flock will believe everything they're told.

Yes, the future doesn't look good for anyone with integrity. Won't be long before we have a dictarorship.
Nope, Labour aren't dead.

1983 didn't kill the cause.
Reply 5
Original post by ghostwalker
Just goes to show that when you have a biased media, you can ignore the law, lie, cheat, and get away with it, and the flock will believe everything they're told.

Yes, the future doesn't look good for anyone with integrity. Won't be long before we have a dictarorship.

Lmaooooo this is exactly why I voted conservatives. Because of some of the absolute morons that support the Labour Party, who come out with ridiculous BS like this. “Won’t be long before we have a dictatorship”😂😂😂THIS IS WHY YOU LOST!!!!! PEOPLE KNOW HOW DUMB YOU ARE!!!
(edited 4 years ago)
I guess at least now Brexit can finally be sorted and we won’t be having another 3 elections in the space of four years...
Reply 7
I would vote for labour if i wasn't 15 and if we are old enough to have intimate relationships t 16 we should be able to vote at that age because people are making choices for the future generation without telling them and without them understanding what it means. Like if you agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 8
Original post by ctleafez
i guess at least now brexit can finally be sorted and we won’t be having another 3 elections in the space of four years...

duh no one should want brexit. Are you an idiot!
Reply 9
Original post by 123afx
lmaooooo this is exactly why i voted conservatives. Because of some of the absolute morons that support the labour party, who come out with ridiculous bs like this. “won’t be long before we have a dictatorship”😂😂😂this is why you lost!!!!! People know how dumb you are!!!

you are thick because labour will secure us a safe future! You are probably big headed idiot. Or is that just a fact!!
Reply 10
Original post by Ravenna
you are thick because labour will secure us a safe future! You are probably big headed idiot. Or is that just a fact!!

“A safe future” what one where we have a crashed economy and leave our country in austerity, even more so than in 2008? Leave our working class jobless and the housing and job markets worse than they already are? Taxing big corporations to oblivion so much so that they shut down operations across the uk, putting hundreds of thousands in unemployment and leave our economy even less competitive? Or what about ****ting all over democracy by turning back on the eu referendum from 2016? What a safe future indeed.

I’m not the idiot here, I think you’re just uneducated and chose labour cos of the BS propaganda you get fed by Instagram meme pages and celebrities. Grow up. There’s a reason why the tories won by absolutely massive numbers, and that’s because people knew that the Labour Party under Jeremy Corbyn was a recipe for disaster.

Many rational people knew the Tories will win. Labour played themselves with their Brexit stance. Never treat the electorate like fools.
Original post by Wired_1800
Many rational people knew the Tories will win. Labour played themselves with their Brexit stance. Never treat the electorate like fools.

Don't think many expected such a big Tory win though, which is a valid call out.

Give your head a wobble.

agreed :frown: however the working class will always exist so will always have to fight their corners! Certainly with how dodgily the tory campaign was marketed and won, and with how unstable the political system already is, we can take some solace in that they can't go changing things too drastically, i think the fights and shouting throughout the constituency announcements shows the country is on edge!
Reply 14
Original post by cheeky_rhia
agreed :frown: however the working class will always exist so will always have to fight their corners! Certainly with how dodgily the tory campaign was marketed and won, and with how unstable the political system already is, we can take some solace in that they can't go changing things too drastically, i think the fights and shouting throughout the constituency announcements shows the country is on edge!

Lmao yet majority of the working class voted for conservatives so stop acting like they’re the ones who will come and save labour😂😂😂😂
Original post by Drewski
Don't think many expected such a big Tory win though, which is a valid call out.

Give your head a wobble.

I agree. The verdict was a Tory victory but this is just taking it too far. Biggest victory since Tatcher.

Labour had an open goal with the Tory performance, if only they had a striker with feet.
Reply 17
Original post by Ravenna
Boris should kill himself.

This is exactly why 15/16 year olds can’t vote. Like, this comment perfectly sums why no one lets them.
Original post by 123afx
Lmaooooo this is exactly why I voted conservatives. Because of some of the absolute morons that support the Labour Party, who come out with ridiculous BS like this. “Won’t be long before we have a dictatorship”😂😂😂THIS IS WHY YOU LOST!!!!! PEOPLE KNOW HOW DUMB YOU ARE!!!

Stop with the vile insults.... you have no right to call people dumb for voting a particular way.

People could easily say that Conservative voters are dumb too...
My own personal view is that they are all the time Jeremy Corbyn is at the helm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending