The Student Room Group

HKU / CUHK Medicine Non-JUPAS Applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ox852
am trying to phone them and explain my situation but was told that needa email for formal decision....

that's frustrating... I honestly applied without reading too much into specifics, can't even speak Cantonese so I'm gonna need to figure that out by next week too lmao
Original post by sennie0412
that's frustrating... I honestly applied without reading too much into specifics, can't even speak Cantonese so I'm gonna need to figure that out by next week too lmao

Well... oops

Ga-yau I guess?
Original post by sennie0412

the cantonese thing freaks me out as well
but i read somewhere you have the option to reply in english, but they'll make a note of it
if the prompt is in cantonese, im doomed lol
Original post by systemsociopath
the cantonese thing freaks me out as well
but i read somewhere you have the option to reply in english, but they'll make a note of it
if the prompt is in cantonese, im doomed lol

ahahaha same itll be so awkward if i just sit there blank like i have no idea what ur saying
Hi everyone, do you guys have a WhatsApp group? If so can any one invite me in? Many thanks!! My number: 44 7538232996.
Reply 45
just got an interview invite!

Anyone know about the banding thing? Are people invited for Dec19-20 on the "band A" list? or are those dates simply devoted just for the non-JUPAS stream?
Are there anyone applying to HKU MBBS from the States (AP+SAT) and have received an interview invitation?
Reply 47
Original post by Anonymous
Are there anyone applying to HKU MBBS from the States (AP+SAT) and have received an interview invitation?

Are you international or hk?
Reply 48
Original post by bear27
just got an interview invite!

Anyone know about the banding thing? Are people invited for Dec19-20 on the "band A" list? or are those dates simply devoted just for the non-JUPAS stream?

Jupas applicants would be interviewed on Dec 23,27,30, jan 2 and 3, according to their official website.
Original post by Bdszl
Are you international or hk?

Complicated Situation:
I hold both US and HK passports, but have spent most of my time in HK except for the past 3 years.
Reply 50
anyone knowing when would be the next round for non-JUPAS interview for HKU?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 51
Just got a 2nd confirmation for the interview
Super nervous:frown::frown::frown:
Hi y’all I’m a first year MBBS student at HKU. It seems that so far you guys have not had a WhatsApp group. I’m happy to make a group for you guys, and perhaps answer some of your questions, just drop your numbers below
Original post by Jacky Song
Hi y’all I’m a first year MBBS student at HKU. It seems that so far you guys have not had a WhatsApp group. I’m happy to make a group for you guys, and perhaps answer some of your questions, just drop your numbers below

Hi I just searched around on the website and found that it is against TSR guidelines to disclose personal information such as your mobile number on the forum. But thank you so much for using your own time to provide support and please do answer any queries that we may have on here!
Reply 54
Original post by dunkykongg
Hi I just searched around on the website and found that it is against TSR guidelines to disclose personal information such as your mobile number on the forum. But thank you so much for using your own time to provide support and please do answer any queries that we may have on here!

Maybe we can use telegram which is not required to expose our personal info to others
Original post by jimmyli
Maybe we can use telegram which is not required to expose our personal info to others

But is there anything that we can't discuss here that we can only discuss on Telegram? I don't see why we shouldn't keep the conversation here...
Reply 56
Agree
But if someone want to personally ask for others help
Telegram maybe a good choice to prevent personal info exposure
Ok, I will try to answer you guys' question here, do quote me so that I get the push notification. I don't use tg that much so if you wanna pm me just add me on WA(number above). I also applied to uk med school last year(and got into St Georges) so you can also ask me on that : )

----Ad----
I can offer interview lesson covering interview technique, important knowledge (eg. ethic theory), my own experience/advice and mock interview practise. Pls pm me if interested.
Original post by Jacky Song
Ok, I will try to answer you guys' question here, do quote me so that I get the push notification. I don't use tg that much so if you wanna pm me just add me on WA(number above). I also applied to uk med school last year(and got into St Georges) so you can also ask me on that : )

----Ad----
I can offer interview lesson covering interview technique, important knowledge (eg. ethic theory), my own experience/advice and mock interview practise. Pls pm me if interested.

Dude you said you are an MBBS student in HKU but now you said you are in St George's?

I am confused.
Original post by Cyffggods9ehf
Dude you said you are an MBBS student in HKU but now you said you are in St George's?

I am confused.

He got into St George's but decided not to go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending