The Student Room Group

WJEC Eduqas Food NEA 2

I’m doing my NEA 2 on budget family meals but have no clue on how to structure it. If you have any helpful resources or advice reply on here or message for my snap.

Cheers boy
Sorry you havent had any responses to this :frown: just giving it a :bump: for you
Really struggling on this too! The briefs are really bad this year. Valentine’s Day meal has no research possibilities and the budget family meals can’t incorporate high skills. It’s so difficult
Reply 3
Original post by CoolCavy
Sorry you havent had any responses to this :frown: just giving it a :bump: for you

Cheers mate
Reply 4
Original post by Oliver789
Really struggling on this too! The briefs are really bad this year. Valentine’s Day meal has no research possibilities and the budget family meals can’t incorporate high skills. It’s so difficult

Yeah ikr it’s ridiculous. My class hasn’t been taught how to structure it so basically everyone’s winging it it’s so difficult 😂
Original post by conorm03
Yeah ikr it’s ridiculous. My class hasn’t been taught how to structure it so basically everyone’s winging it it’s so difficult 😂

Yeah same, neither tech teachers are too relaxed and seem to just think you can do it yourself. One very useful thing I found recently is the eduqas guidance for teaching: https://www.eduqas.co.uk/qualifications/food-preparation-and-nutrition/Eduqas%20GCSE%20Food%20and%20nutrition%20-%20GFT.pdf

Scroll to page 128 and then you can see student exemplars of the NEA 2 and there are recommendations throughout the guide of what to cook. The exemplar material A achieves a very high mark and it should help you structure it. We just started ours today so hopefully it will help me as well as I’ve got no idea.

Quick Reply

Latest