The Student Room Group

Business

Can you guys explain why some business have different approach to marketing. Thank you!
Reply 1
Businesses market to suit different needs. For example a children’s toy company wouldn’t market in The Sun newspaper as it wouldn’t appeal to their target market. The business have to do through market research in order to market their product/service successfully.
Original post by Ge0rg1a
Businesses market to suit different needs. For example a children’s toy company wouldn’t market in The Sun newspaper as it wouldn’t appeal to their target market. The business have to do through market research in order to market their product/service successfully.

Thank you so much but what about evaluate how a small business may use market research differently to a large business
Reply 3
Original post by shainaaa.aaaa12
Thank you so much but what about evaluate how a small business may use market research differently to a large business

The size of the business will depends on how much they spend on marketing. For example a business like Tesco would spend thousands or millions on advertising as they are established enough to fund it. However a small independent business may spend as little as possible. They would advertise more in like Facebook and newspapers rather than on TV’s. I’m more than happy to help with this kind of stuff as I’m a level 3 business student
Original post by Ge0rg1a
The size of the business will depends on how much they spend on marketing. For example a business like Tesco would spend thousands or millions on advertising as they are established enough to fund it. However a small independent business may spend as little as possible. They would advertise more in like Facebook and newspapers rather than on TV’s. I’m more than happy to help with this kind of stuff as I’m a level 3 business student

Thank you so much! Uno im sometimes stuck with my business work. As my teacher just goes through slides, talks about them, lets us copy that is all. I have a business exam at wednesday next week; I am a GCSE student taking business. Do you have any advise of how I should study and what should I do because the result I get can go into my report on parents evening. Thank you so much! I really hope you also pass with flying colors.
Reply 5
I did business at GCSE and I only got a D however I’m doing it at BTEC now and I’m getting triple distinction star. My gcse result was definitely down to my teachers as they weren’t in for all of year 10 and didn’t make us do any work really in year 11. I definitely recommend knowing all of the different definitions like stakeholders, PLC etc because even if you don’t know how to answer the question you’ll still be on the right lines if you know what you’re talking about and will be more likely to gain some marks. And make sure you know how to work out the calculations. Also I recommend the purple Edexcel revision books (if you’re doing Edexcel). Thank you and good luck!
Original post by Ge0rg1a
I did business at GCSE and I only got a D however I’m doing it at BTEC now and I’m getting triple distinction star. My gcse result was definitely down to my teachers as they weren’t in for all of year 10 and didn’t make us do any work really in year 11. I definitely recommend knowing all of the different definitions like stakeholders, PLC etc because even if you don’t know how to answer the question you’ll still be on the right lines if you know what you’re talking about and will be more likely to gain some marks. And make sure you know how to work out the calculations. Also I recommend the purple Edexcel revision books (if you’re doing Edexcel). Thank you and good luck!

Hi can you please explain to me when a business should carry out market segmentation. The thing I do not understand is "when". Also, the role of marketing like I understand the purpose but i don't understand the role. Thank you so much for helping me! I really am lucky to have help for you.
Reply 7
Original post by shainaaa.aaaa12
Hi can you please explain to me when a business should carry out market segmentation. The thing I do not understand is "when". Also, the role of marketing like I understand the purpose but i don't understand the role. Thank you so much for helping me! I really am lucky to have help for you.

The main role of marketing is to gain a better relationship with their customers. Without customers most if not all businesses would fail so it is essential to have a good relationship. I’m not entirely sure about market segmentation however businesses mostly do it when they bring out a new product or service so they know how to adjust it to suit their customers. I’m not sure if that is any help sorry!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending