The Student Room Group

This can’t be right

Hi guys. I work as a waiter at JRC Buffet, I’ve noticed a lot of foreign people work here which I find a little awkward, making conversation can be difficult. I find it a weird place to work, but basically main reason I’m going on here is because two shifts in and I still have no contract. This can’t be right, can anyone who has worked in JRC Global Buffet before add anything to this. Thanks.
Original post by RandomTennisfan
Hi guys. I work as a waiter at JRC Buffet, I’ve noticed a lot of foreign people work here which I find a little awkward, making conversation can be difficult. I find it a weird place to work, but basically main reason I’m going on here is because two shifts in and I still have no contract. This can’t be right, can anyone who has worked in JRC Global Buffet before add anything to this. Thanks.

Have you asked them for one? You dont have a right to one unless you are an employee and you work for at least a month. They have to provide a written statement of particulars within 2 months of starting.
Original post by 999tigger
Have you asked them for one? You dont have a right to one unless you are an employee and you work for at least a month. They have to provide a written statement of particulars within 2 months of starting.

Hey, yes I have- the manager said he’d give me one but disappeared when I wanted to speak to him end of my shift. I then spoke to the assistant manager who said they don’t give them out. There also hasn’t been any health and safety inductions, just seems like a very unorganised workplace tbh!
Hey, yes I have- the manager said he’d give me one but disappeared when I wanted to speak to him end of my shift. I then spoke to the assistant manager who said they don’t give them out. There also hasn’t been any health and safety inductions, just seems like a very unorganised workplace tbh!

Just find another job then. If you want top push it ask in writing so you have proof, but tbh your employment rights are very limited, they can get rid of you when they want and it could easily be zero hours. What you might want to find out is how many hours and how much the hourly pay is. If you are with an agency then ask the agency.
Original post by 999tigger
Just find another job then. If you want top push it ask in writing so you have proof, but tbh your employment rights are very limited, they can get rid of you when they want and it could easily be zero hours. What you might want to find out is how many hours and how much the hourly pay is. If you are with an agency then ask the agency.

Yeah thing is I keep moving different jobs, thanks for your replies though will take it up with HR and in the meanwhile see what other jobs are out there.
Yeah thing is I keep moving different jobs, thanks for your replies though will take it up with HR and in the meanwhile see what other jobs are out there.

As I said you dont have a right to one unless you are an employee of at least a month and the have 2 months to provide it. Imo just get past Christmas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending