Random_101
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi, long story short, i was trying to book tickets on the vue cinema website came to around £20. However the booking failed, it did say that no money will be taken from my account. I tried 2 more times still failed.

I had £50 on my account then i get a message from Barclays saying £40 has been transacted. So i look at the app and it says vue has charged me £40 for tickets even though the booking failed.

I called Barclays and they returned my money and told me to tell vue not to claim any money from them. I did this but i received a message from barclays saying my account has gone into overdraft today.

I did pay for other things today so had around £25 left but vue took £40 for the failed tickets which has made me go into overdraft which has not been arranged.

I'm really scared, will this affect my credit score?? I dont know what to do now and am really worried

Pls help thanks
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Random_101)
Hi, long story short, i was trying to book tickets on the vue cinema website came to around £20. However the booking failed, it did say that no money will be taken from my account. I tried 2 more times still failed.

I had £50 on my account then i get a message from Barclays saying £40 has been transacted. So i look at the app and it says vue has charged me £40 for tickets even though the booking failed.

I called Barclays and they returned my money and told me to tell vue not to claim any money from them. I did this but i received a message from barclays saying my account has gone into overdraft today.

I did pay for other things today so had around £25 left but vue took £40 for the failed tickets which has made me go into overdraft which has not been arranged.

I'm really scared, will this affect my credit score?? I dont know what to do now and am really worried

Pls help thanks
Just contact Barclays again (customer service is normally 24h and explain whats happened. They can change it or make sure it has no effect.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Random_101)

Pls help thanks
You can stop worrying - it's not going to affect your credit score. You've explained what's happened to Barclays, and it's a coherent story. If Barclays have returned the money, then the 'unauthorised overdraft' (such as it exists) is nothing to worry about.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (364)
67.03%
No (179)
32.97%

Watched Threads