The Student Room Group

Is casual sex a good way to get over someone?

Broke up with my girlfriend a couple months ago and still coming to terms with it. Been trying to get over her for a while but don’t really know how to. Some people have suggested sleeping around or finding a friend with benefits. Does this help? Is it a good way to get over someone? I wouldn’t even know how to initiate things like this, does snapchat work?
Simply getting out there and dating casually would achieve the same result. You don't need to sleep with anyone.
I’m my opinion I don’t think sleeping around a with lots of people is a good way to deal with a breakup as it’s more of a distraction than actually moving on.
Plus it may not be fair for the people you are having one night stands with if they’ve are looking for a relationship and you are just looking for a way to get over a breakup - if that makes sense.
Original post by Anonymous
it may not be fair for the people you are having one night stands with if they’ve are looking for a relationship

lmao who is having one night stands with the expectation of getting a relationship out of it?
It would probably just make you feel worse.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by sinfonietta
Simply getting out there and dating casually would achieve the same result. You don't need to sleep with anyone.

Why would you date someone unless you're going to sleep with them?
Broke up with my girlfriend a couple months ago and still coming to terms with it. Been trying to get over her for a while but don’t really know how to. Some people have suggested sleeping around or finding a friend with benefits. Does this help? Is it a good way to get over someone? I wouldn’t even know how to initiate things like this, does snapchat work?

My personal opinion would be no.
Original post by angelinahx
Why would you date someone unless you're going to sleep with them?

My point was that he doesn't need to have meaningless sex with strangers to be able to move to on.
I'm in total agreement with you Sinfonietta.
Reply 9

Not a good idea! Take some time out from relationships then start dating again!
Reply 10
Original post by sinfonietta

Maybe he does- but not yet!
No.
No strings sex, ons and fwb are good ways to remind yourself that there are plenty of other fish in the sea willing to have sex with you.
Casual sex only tends to helps people remember the other opportunities for sex that don't involve commitment or exclusivity.
Bad idea chief
Been there and done that, it's a bad idea. I found random road trips and hanging out with friends far better

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending