The Student Room Group

Friend called me a tramp

My friend called me a tramp for just having bits on my bedroom floor. Today me and my friend just went out to catch up so we got some food but he didnt want his car to get messed up. I just thought fine we can go back to mine so we did but downstairs was busy so we went to eat in my bedroom. I brought my food upstairs to my room and he locked his car the came up with me. We sat down sorted out whos food is whos but then he looked at the floor and started saying that im a tramp because I have bits on the floor so it really pissed me off because i let him into my house he should appreciate it and we just havent had time to hover up. We were planning on coming here we were going to eat the food outside but it s raining. To be exact he said "You are a tramp what are all these bits on your floor" I said " we didnt know we were coming we need to clean up" but he kept saying it he said "come on you tramp get up and hoover the bits. This just really annoyed me i know mates call each other names but thats just for a joke and i could tell he was serious. I just dont know what to do because its kind of made me self consicous. We were planning to clean up ffs. I dont know if I should just end our friendship because surely people dont call their mates a tramp.

Am I overreacting?

Scroll to see replies

I dunno man, that's pretty rude honestly. I'd say to him that it was uncool to call you that, and you didn't like it. If he's a **** about it, move on.
Reply 2
Original post by vicvic38
I dunno man, that's pretty rude honestly. I'd say to him that it was uncool to call you that, and you didn't like it. If he's a **** about it, move on.

I know its uncool considering ive let him to my house loads while hes just let me once even then he had to ask his mum. Im not really allowed my friends round but I took the blame when my parents asked if he came i said yes.
Reply 3
Bet you would love camping... but no crumbs in the tent! Takes years for them to work their way out.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I know its uncool considering ive let him to my house loads while hes just let me once even then he had to ask his mum. Im not really allowed my friends round but I took the blame when my parents asked if he came i said yes.

Ive messaged him saying ill report him to his his company where he works because i have messages which could get him sacked so ive told him ill e mail them to his company and hes begging not to really appoligising should i do it or is that a bit far.
My friend called me a tramp for just having bits on my bedroom floor. Today me and my friend just went out to catch up so we got some food but he didnt want his car to get messed up. I just thought fine we can go back to mine so we did but downstairs was busy so we went to eat in my bedroom. I brought my food upstairs to my room and he locked his car the came up with me. We sat down sorted out whos food is whos but then he looked at the floor and started saying that im a tramp because I have bits on the floor so it really pissed me off because i let him into my house he should appreciate it and we just havent had time to hover up. We were planning on coming here we were going to eat the food outside but it s raining. To be exact he said "You are a tramp what are all these bits on your floor" I said " we didnt know we were coming we need to clean up" but he kept saying it he said "come on you tramp get up and hoover the bits. This just really annoyed me i know mates call each other names but thats just for a joke and i could tell he was serious. I just dont know what to do because its kind of made me self consicous. We were planning to clean up ffs. I dont know if I should just end our friendship because surely people dont call their mates a tramp.

Am I overreacting?

sorry, don't wanna sound rude but you're definitely overreacting. i think you should defo pull him up for it and say it hurt your feelings,but in my opinion friends call other friends worse things than that. either way you shouldn't let what he says get to you. who tf cares what he thinks?!
Reply 6
Original post by Vinny C
Eat outdoors? Bet you would love camping... but no crumbs in the tent! Takes years for them to work their way out.

We were going to find some benchs or eat outside his car but it was raining so I didnt mind going to mine until he called me a tramp.
You’re massively overreacting. He was just messing around and you can’t let every little thing affect you so much.
Ive messaged him saying ill report him to his his company where he works because i have messages which could get him sacked so ive told him ill e mail them to his company and hes begging not to really appoligising should i do it or is that a bit far.

I’m lost for words. Hopefully you’re a troll.
Reply 9
Original post by YaliaV
I’m lost for words. Hopefully you’re a troll.

Im not mate unfortunately.
Im not mate unfortunately.

Do you have anxiety in general? He was just being silly.
Original post by YaliaV
You’re massively overreacting. He was just messing around and you can’t let every little thing affect you so much.

He just seemed really serious I was trying to explain ive let him into my house hes being disrepectful and it just few bits it not drugs.
We were going to find some benchs or eat outside his car but it was raining so I didnt mind going to mine until he called me a tramp.

Plenty of covered public places... bus shelter? The pigeons will love you both...
Original post by YaliaV
Do you have anxiety in general? He was just being silly.

I am a bit sensitive to comments like that and also if i called him a tramp if his room had a few bits he would go mad.
Original post by Vinny C
Plenty of covered public places... bus shelter? The pigeons will love you both...

Next time if i continue the friendship ill be using that next because i he just does not appriciate that i invited him at all not only that when our other friends were beefing him i stuck up for him but he calls me a tramp.
Next time if i continue the friendship ill be using that next because i he just does not appriciate that i invited him at all not only that when our other friends were beefing him i stuck up for him but he calls me a tramp.

Bless... once did it in Barmouth, fishing town in Wales. About 60 seagulls turned up... many one legged. Legs caught in fishing line... amputation by tourniquet, sniff...
(edited 4 years ago)
It’s. Just. A. Joke.
Original post by Vinny C
Bless... once did it in Barmouth, fishing town in Wales. About 60 seagulls turned up... many one legged. Legs caught in fishing line... amputation by tourniquet, sniff...

Id rather take the food indoors like my house but now in I have to put up with that because of him.
If it’s just a joke then I’d laugh but if it wasn’t then that’s pretty rude
Id rather take the food indoors like my house but now in I have to put up with that because of him.

Just eat over a tray or dish to catch the crumbs, they do attract vermin. Btw... never fear spiders. They have no interest in your food at all... only in the things which it attracts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending